How do you handle the current Qb situation?

We better not play Williams while he is hurt like we did against VT. I could tell from snap 1 something Wasn’t right with his throws. Maybe he masked it himself to not give up the reigns but it was obvious he didn’t have anything on his throws and I question the coaches for allowing it and or knowing and playing him.

Advertisement
Williams threw 3 ints in the first quarter. That's not a bad day that's confusion. Perry threw 4 tds and 1 int in same game. We all knew a rough game would be coming with a freshman qb but that was inexcusable. Williams needs more time to learn the position higher ceiling be damned. He'll get another shot but he needs to wait until his number is called and not just be reinserted into the starting line up.

Reading Between the lines it’s clear that Diaz and Enos believe Jarren is the more gifted quarterback with a higher ceiling. But with our offense of line we simply cannot run the plays that would allow him to be the most successful. N’kosi’s ability to scramble and avoid the pressure is clearly what gives us the best chance to win now. But how can you manage your personnel (keeping them from transferring) if your most talented QB is not the QB with the best of succeeding with the current team???

Do you change Your offense and offense of philosophy to help jerren? Or do you keep The offense as is installed with a more elusive N’kosi? Knowing your decision will likely lead to the other qb transferring?

ENOS/**** is NOT going to change a **** thing about his offense...that's a fact.

Then Enos said:

BUT is He stupid & stubborn enough NOT to go with the hot hand when it's obviously more effective?

Stay tuned and see what the **** Spews next...

Last edited:
Jarren isn't a more gifted passer than Kosi, he's more accurate, there's a difference.

Kosi has the best arm talent on the team, his problem is his accuracy is inconsistent a lot.

How you handle the QB situation is simple, you go with Perry until he gives you no choice but to pull him while allowing Jarren to get healthy.

Perry is the more experienced QB & makes more daring throws under duress while also have better escape-ability. Given how awful our OL is Perry better suits the Offense for right now because he doesn't hold onto the football as long as Jarren normally does & he can evade pressure more often.

The team/Offense has rallied around Perry, as soon as he came into the game vs Va Tech the offense sparked and you could tell the skill guys were happy to be getting the ball from him.

Stick with the hot hand, for right now he should be the guy. Once Jarren is 100% healthy & if Perry sh*ts the bed throwing multiple INT's, then you put Jarren back in. But if you arbitrarily start Jarren & we struggle it'll be a colossally stupid decision.
This. I’m a huge Williams fan but I would roll with Perry.

It’s why I just kept laughing when people were picking sides in this QB battle and somehow pretended it was over when Williams was named starter. Perry has tons of talent and he flashed bigtime last year. He didn’t exactly play lights out but he showed me a lot. A couple of those big throws we missed on could have been different if Kosi has played more.

I saw the spark in the Offense when we were down in va tech game and had to throw majority of the time to get back in it but where was that vs uva when we had to run a normal conventional offense and not just throwing on 90 % of the plays? After the first drive and up until the final 2 drives we ran 23 plays where we only picked up 35 total yards and 4 out of 6 drives in the time frame we went 3 and out. Bronco mendenhall said he had the offense figured out after the first drive. Vs uva we didn’t complete a single pass over the middle of the field in terms of slants or even anything and we had 1 ball completed that traveled at least 10 yards or more the entire game and that was to kj on the first drive. If kosi is going to be the qb that can’t happen because let’s be real it’s some hypocrisy going on because people said Jarren was “dinking and dunking” his way in his first 4 starts but when kosi did it vs uva not many said a thing about it. Seems unfair but that’s just me.

It was great to see how they rallied around Perry vs va tech But this team also did that with Jarren too when adversity was faced vs uf and also after they got down 17-3 vs unc early and fought their way back in those games. Maybe that’s just who this team is.
You are team Jarren....Go CANES!!

Advertisement
Reading Between the lines it’s clear that Diaz and Enos believe Jarren is the more gifted quarterback with a higher ceiling. But with our offense of line we simply cannot run the plays that would allow him to be the most successful. N’kosi’s ability to scramble and avoid the pressure is clearly what gives us the best chance to win now. But how can you manage your personnel (keeping them from transferring) if your most talented QB is not the QB with the best of succeeding with the current team???

Do you change Your offense and offense of philosophy to help jerren? Or do you keep The offense as is installed with a more elusive N’kosi? Knowing your decision will likely lead to the other qb transferring?
You coach to your players ability. Our OL has no ability to block, you play the qb who is better at running for his life. Pretty simple.

The choice and the schedule has really benefited Kosi. It was always a close competition but Perry avoided a lot of punishment by not starting during the toughest games when we were brand new in too many areas.

He’s had a chance to observe what we really are but he does need to show progress to hold onto the job. At the end of the day he has the advantage in the most important stat and that Ws.

Advertisement
You're too much of a Jarren fan to think straight, you're jaded by your dislike of Perry.

There's a clear cut difference in how the Offense operates with Perry at the helm as opposed to Jarren, you're placing bad play calling at the fault of the QB when it's Enos & the OL who's responsible for the dry spells offensively.

Watch the games. Perry delivers the ball decisively & make plays when the pocket break down under heavy pressure, he can make more higher degree of difficulty throws under pressure than Jarren can. Jarren simply couldn't pull the trigger on that final drive vs UF he was gun shy & wouldn't throw the ball, that wouldn't have happened with Perry, win, lose or draw he's going to sling it. And you're making a false equivalency with the "dink & dunk" comparison because we've seen Perrry plenty of times throw the ball all over the field on Deep passes, just because he didn't as much vs UVA as a result of the type of game Enos called doesn't mean he's incapable of doing it, we haven't seen it yet from Jarren on the other hand except vs UNC on one or 2 passes.

I get it he's a Georgia boy & you're all in with the home turf, but for RIGHT NOW Perry should be the QB until proven otherwise. If Perry has a bad game vs GTech then Jarren no question should start vs Pitt.

You always stick with the hot hand until it cools off.
Was the Oline/enos not responsible for the dry spells of offense(cmu etc) when Jarren was qb or does that excuse only goes for Perry? I don’t this see this clear difference in the offense, we are still averaging 4.5 sacks per game with Perry at the helm which was the same sack rate Williams gave up. People are expecting to see the same type of performance where we HAD to throw 47 times to put up numbers and be more agressive just to get back in the game vs va tech are going to be disappointed because you aren’t going to get that in a regular game plan period where it will be much more balanced with more runs. Call it for what it is, uva took away the middle of the field for Miami completely and we only completed short passes that game outside of 1 pass.

Is Perry really all that good at avoiding pressure? He’s had 9 sacks in the last 2 games which is about the same sack rate Jarren has had in 4 games at 4.5 per game. He’s better than Jarren in that aspect but we are still getting a ton of sacks regardless. Not that much of a difference really. Enos needs to quit with the bunch formations and have the qbs operate from the shotgun or move scaife to left tackle because Zion can’t block a soul at times which is getting the qbs killed. And ultimately just get the ball out faster, that will stop a lot of sacks from happening
I think jarren would have taken a few more that Perry escaped... imo

Really pretty moot without knowing the status of Williams' shoulder.

He was getting treatment multiple times per day in the 2 weeks between CMU and VT. He started the VT game, and I didn't notice any issues with his arm strength. Throws the 3 picks, gets pulled, then he's too hurt to practice for or play against UVA. So did he aggravate it during the VT game? Was he never 100% to begin with and the staff decided to shut him down? Or is this a convenient excuse for benching him?

Either way, he's got to be fully healthy to have this discussion. If he's not, Perry clearly has to play.

Advertisement
I think jarren would have taken a few more that Perry escaped... imo

Agree with this, and it's why I'm torn on the best option going forward. IMO, neither of these kids are the clear-cut answer. I do think Perry's mobility and escapability in the pocket is superior to Williams, so if you're going to roll them out there behind this swiss-cheese offensive line, common sense would tell you that you want the kid who is able to move a little better and avoid sacks. Perry did that well on Friday. But the other side of the coin is Perry has proven to be a little more reckless with the ball (although he was better in that regard on Friday), and the offense had their worst output of the season as far as total offense and worst yards per play since the UF game (not all Perry's fault, but facts are facts).

This is not the best situation. IMO Williams is the better pure passer, Perry is a little more willing to take chances to make big plays and probably has the best arm talent.....Perry is the better scrambler and willing runner. I think it was clear with Williams winning the job that the staff felt he was the safest option. They felt the team could rely on the running game and defense and let Williams manage things. Well, the defense probably isn't as good as we hoped, and the running game behind these 5 turnstiles up front is terrible. So you may have to score more points to win than was originally thought, and Perry might be the guy for that. I don't envy Diaz and Enos here. IMO neither kid inspires much confidence at this point.

One of the main points of emphasis by both Diaz and Enos during the QB competition in camp was protecting the football. With Perry's propensity to be somewhat reckless was probably the deciding factor in Jarren winning the job.

In the 2 games Perry has played, he's only thrown one pick. There may have been a few that could have been picked, but he's been as careful as he can be with the football and shown escapability when the pocket breaks down - often.

Also, I don't think Diaz and Enos thought the OL would struggle as much as they have. Jarren being so tentative doesn't help matters. Having taken a beating and being injured, Jarren may be a bit gun shy at this point.

I don't have anything against either one of our QB's. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Whichever one starts, Enos needs to call plays based on the strengths of said starter and that will help the OL.

Perry is the better of the two. We look better with him in there...even with the playcalls, dismal OL, etc.

Starting to believe Mandy didn't want Kosi to be QB1 for his previous antics. He's matured since then, so he needs to stop being a hoe and get over it.

Advertisement
Perry should absolutely be the starter against GT. No way, if JW shoulder really was a problem against VT, he should be playing after only two weeks. This should be an audition for Perry, play like VT and he’s the starter, if he plays like UVA JW gets the job back.

One thing that complicates matters is that imo UVA was the worst game by Enos as a playcaller, he could not get out of his own way, there were some real looser plays being run out there and to compound the issues both Perry and the WRs left big plays on the field too. Good OCs give his players a bigger margin for error, but Enos did the exact opposite of that on this game.

As for the sacks, unfortunately any QB will be on his back A LOT behind this OL. I was prepared to take the lumps of starting Zion this year, but this is not lumps of a players learning and evolving, he’s just not ready to start right now. Gaynor and Donaldson are a problem too,

Was the Oline/enos not responsible for the dry spells of offense(cmu etc) when Jarren was qb or does that excuse only goes for Perry? I don’t this see this clear difference in the offense, we are still averaging 4.5 sacks per game with Perry at the helm which was the same sack rate Williams gave up. People are expecting to see the same type of performance where we HAD to throw 47 times to put up numbers and be more agressive just to get back in the game vs va tech are going to be disappointed because you aren’t going to get that in a regular game plan period where it will be much more balanced with more runs. Call it for what it is, uva took away the middle of the field for Miami completely and we only completed short passes that game outside of 1 pass.

Jarren would’ve allowed himself to get sacked every snap, thrown multiple interceptions scared of the rush... and UVa would’ve won 19-0 including a safety.

I want a quarterback that will take chances and not turn it over, kosi did that Friday.... I don't want 30 completions that are going to mean nothing.

Ps. Our offensive coordinator did a tight end jet sweep to the short side of the redone 4 yards (3.66 m) out. Red zone is not our thing lol, we have HUGE problems
Enos's rezone play calling has been atrocious. We were successful running the ball up the middle, but all game long and especially at the goalline, Enos calls outside runs to the short side of the field. Makes no sense. Just call the same **** plays that got you the redzone. Make the defense show they can stop those plays. He seems to always want to go into his bag of tricks in the redzone.

UVa is the #11 ranked defense in the country. UNC is the #52 ranked defense in the country and VaTech is the #56th ranked defense in the country.

Jarren played like trash against UNC, VaTech and Central Michigan’s defense... But some of y’all think that bc UVa only scored 9 points that somehow equates to Jarren Williams being able to win that game lol 🤡.

Jarren Williams is the type of QB that makes every game look harder than it is. That’s because he’s not ready to be a starter for a Power 5 team.

Advertisement
Back