How do you fix the running game next year?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Is it that Yearby/Walton just aren't the explosive playmakers everyone expects from a Miami RB, is it the ****** o-line, the ****** playcalling? Or just a combination of all three?

I like Yearby/Walton, but **** our running game is dismal. Something is missing.

Advertisement
Also I think Gus Edwards will be a huge welcome back to our running game

Oline needs to help out with a running lane, a lot of times are guys are tackled behind the LOS,
If the defense is in the backfield as soon as the RB gets the ball he stands no chance

Advertisement
I kept watching the running call and shaking my head at the design. No trap blocks, no real pulling guard just man to man straight up design and hand the ball to the back and he does straight ahead. No fakes, no full back no nothing in terms of design. It is hard to be successful when the scheme is so **** high school basic. I put that on Coley's playbook than on the running backs. It will get fixed when the new coach takes over and Miami rediscovers the running game.

Our Oline is ****. Fournette would be averaging like 100 yard with our line. Also the play calling is so predictable

Advertisement
Hire Mario Cristobal as OL/ assistant HC

Yeahhhhh.....No.

Screenshot_2015-11-07-21-25-35-1.jpg

Starts with a new HC and OL coach lighting a fire in the OL *** this offseason. KC McDermott will have a full offseason, he missed a lot of this past with an injury. St. Louis, Milo, Gauthier, Mahoney, Loftus all compete to push out those like Gall that don't ever need to play. Possibly St. Louis wins the LT job putting Darling back to RT where he belongs. Yearby and Walton get stronger and faster in another full offseason for Yearby and Waltons first.

All scholarship Olineman return. They should get a full offseason of competition, new coaching, strength and conditioning, and molding together as a unit to find out 5 true starters and 3 subs. No more rotations. The RBs will benefit from an offseason and getting Edwards back and Homer in the mix.

Also, one thing that is huge... New play calling/OC will do a lot. Coley just has no clue.

butch2.jpg

Is it that Yearby/Walton just aren't the explosive playmakers everyone expects from a Miami RB, is it the ****ty o-line, the ****ty playcalling? Or just a combination of all three?

I like Yearby/Walton, but **** our running game is dismal. Something is missing.

Advertisement
I formation. Walton needs the I to be effective. Gus is more suited for it as well. Yearby is the only back right now that is suited for the shotgun/spread we run. We need to get back to a power run game.

OL is hot smoking garbage!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen so many OL falling, reaching, and grabbing as ours.

This dudes are garbage right now!

And I'm not saying they aren't talented. But I do think right now, at this moment they are softer than baby poo!

Advertisement
Is it that Yearby/Walton just aren't the explosive playmakers everyone expects from a Miami RB, is it the ****** o-line, the ****** playcalling? Or just a combination of all three?

Didn't read novody post the answer is power I instead of that bs he runs .

OL is hot smoking garbage!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen so many OL falling, reaching, and grabbing as ours.

This dudes are garbage right now!

And I'm not saying they aren't talented. But I do think right now, at this moment they are softer than baby poo!
I agree they get blown back, we need a ol coach bad

Advertisement
Back