How do we stop unc t-end ebron ?

Tyrone Cornelius will get extra burn Thursday night at LB specifically because he's a very good coverage LB at this point in his career here.

Advertisement
lol how do we stop Ebron...... hilarious!!

I ask because every interview golden mentions how great he is. The last player he praised like that was easily from uf.

he does that about every team's best player.

he was crowning Attaochu from GT before the game.... its a respect thing.

Ebron is of course a NFL talent at TE but if Renner is running around like a chicken w/ his head cut off all game then it wont matter.

So far Ebron has 23 catches for 333 yards and 2 TDs..... solid but i wouldnt say he just takes over games.

We'll pick off a pass intended for this guy.

If he was rocking that attitude with Miami, then **** yes; love it.

But he's not, so I'd like for Thursday to be a lesson in humility.

Advertisement
Stop Renner, stop Ebron. Dude's a legit NFL TE prospect so it won't be easy. Would love to put him 1 on 1 with Deon and he shuts him down.

Have a specific someone basically spying him the whole game or what?

FYI quotes from said unc tight end
-"Every team just double teams me. At this point, I’ve come to expect it. But one thing teams have got to understand is that it doesn’t matter who you line up against me, I’m going to produce for my team. If you’re in my way, I’m sorry but you’re not going to stop me. I know that may sound like a ****y statement, but it’s not, it’s a confident one."

“Because if you turn on the film just like every coach does, you’ll see me blocking people fabulously. Tremendously. I’m moving people, I’m opening up holes for my running backs, I’m doing everything I need to.”

He's so good at opening holes that UNC is allowing on avg 6.6 tackles for losses (90th) per game & giving up 2.2 sacks per game (87th). I hope Deon wreckes that fool & Jenkins blankets his *** all night long.

Advertisement
Jam the **** out of his *** on the line of scrimmage. Don't allow him free release.

Won't always work though. UNC will move him around in the formation.

It is all about pass rush. He can't catch passes if his QB is getting turned into a vegetable by McCord. We gotta get to the QB.

Stop Renner, stop Ebron. Dude's a legit NFL TE prospect so it won't be easy. Would love to put him 1 on 1 with Deon and he shuts him down.

agreed...don't let the ball get to him in the first place. I don't think most of these posters have seen him play, he can ball out.

Not so sure I want our safety that we have not seen at 100% on a TE letting WR's get past our safety's.

Put enough pressure on the QB consistently and we will be set to roll.

Gunter would match up pretty well with him since he's a big corner with length.

Me thinks Cornelius or Armbrister cuz of his safety experience could hang with him as well.

Advertisement
Ebron? We are not talking Lebron here.
You stop him like you do any player, with a helmet in the chest, pile driving his *** into the grass.

If you gotta jam him at the line with two backers then do it, just frustrate Renner into using him as a safety valve and not a primary and when he does catch the ball...murder his soul.

Advertisement
You Bracket him high-low. Make Renner make a tough throw a couple times and then he will stop going to him.

I think we will see KC Rodgers on him. He has the height and should be able to keep with him anywhere up the field. Though, knowing our staff we will probably mix coverages. Some over under stuff, some man with pressure. It will mostly depend on the situations, but I think KC is tall enough and fast enough to do a good job on him and just keep the Lbs underneath forcing just a bunch of like quick outs. I think we will try to keep him under wraps without needing to move any of our CBs. If he is blowing us up early then we may see Gunter go get him.

I agree with Cornelius covering him at the OLB position, jamming him at the line too, and a safety providing support.

As Coach has put importance on this TE, I do not expect the Defense to let him beat us. Make their WRs beat us.

Advertisement
Back