How do these teams have a better recruiting rating than us

Hurricaneandrew

Band
Banned
1. South Carolina, which plays in a state with little talent and has Will Muschamp as coRch.
2. Notre Dame, which was 4-8 and will probably fire their head coRch after this year. They already have fired a lot of their assistants as well.
3. PSU, which is operating under a more legitimate recruiting cloud than Miami was. (ie negative recruiting from raping boys)
4. Tennessee, which has the probably soon to be fired Butch Al Golden Jones as coRch.

2017 Football Team Rankings

UGA under Smart has a much higher rating than us as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
all big fan bases...do you know how recruiting rankinghs go?? its based off fan base and subscriptions...not actually talent imo..which is the reason wafter we won the title...people thought we still had @1 recruiting class though we were busting it up and crootin like a muh.

How?

Because kids like Steed, Jennings, Garvin, etc are laughably underrated. People need to stop worrying about stars.

What matters is the coaches getting their targets

1. South Carolina, which plays in a state with little talent and has Will Muschamp as coRch.
2. Notre Dame, which was 4-8 and will probably fire their head coRch after this year. They already have fired a lot of their assistants as well.
3. PSU, which is operating under a more legitimate recruiting cloud than Miami was. (ie negative recruiting from raping boys)
4. Tennessee, which has the probably soon to be fired Butch Al Golden Jones as coRch.

2017 Football Team Rankings

UGA under Smart has a much higher rating than us as well.

troll.jpeg

How?

Because kids like Steed, Jennings, Garvin, etc are laughably underrated. People need to stop worrying about stars.

What matters is the coaches getting their targets

I think ESPN has a more accurate portrayal of this class than 247

Advertisement
Add the rankings together. Divide by 2. Will give you the average ranking between two sites.

I'll answer on the PSU one. This fan base treats clouds as some impossible feat. No one cares about them. Franklin doesn't sit and cry and mention the cloud in every interview to try and save face. He goes out wins, looks competitive and recruits like an animal. Clouds aren't as big a deal as Golden and company made them seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The answer is Miami has not recruited as well as those teams with signing day three weeks away. That is a fact and it is also a fact that stars matter a lot.

Reaching for straws and denying it is lame. It's just as lame as overreacting and saying they can't recruit if they lose one or two battles on the trail.

The answer is Miami has not recruited as well as those teams with signing day three weeks away. That is a fact and it is also a fact that stars matter a lot.

Reaching for straws and denying it is lame. It's just as lame as overreacting and saying they can't recruit if they lose one or two battles on the trail.

Yeah, okay dude.

So you think our barely top-25 recruiting class last year was accurately ranked?

Denying that a guy like Pinckney shouldn't have been a 3* is lame?

GTFO

Advertisement
I'll answer on the PSU one. This fan base treats clouds as some impossible feat. No one cares about them. Franklin doesn't sit and cry and mention the cloud in every interview to try and save face. He goes out wins, looks competitive and recruits like an animal. Clouds aren't as big a deal as Golden and company made them seem.

Franklin also doesn't have PA HS coaches and street agents openly working against him and steering kids to other schools. It's kind of a cult-ish mentality up there with how they view Penn State football.

From the mod vs. soccer mom argument in the other thread..... This may be an example of trolling, but I'll leave it to the professionals

So true and if there's one place a player is safe these days, it's probably PSU. You can bet they cleaned house and any but of impropriety is investigated. The entire incident was a black eye for not only the university, but college football as a whole. Paterno was an icon, end of topic.

The Domers, iconic university who regardless of their play on the field, will always get theirs.

Tennessee, they are THE school in state. Grab a few out of state recruits, again they should always do well

South Carolina is an underrated state. Clemson has certainly made recruiting more difficult, but the Gamecocks are still the major school in that state.

Rankings though, they're usually weighted to favor big classes. I haven't looked at them lately, but perhaps that's part of this.

Advertisement

So true and if there's one place a player is safe these days, it's probably PSU. You can bet they cleaned house and any but of impropriety is investigated. The entire incident was a black eye for not only the university, but college football as a whole. Paterno was an icon, end of topic.

The Domers, iconic university who regardless of their play on the field, will always get theirs.

Tennessee, they are THE school in state. Grab a few out of state recruits, again they should always do well

South Carolina is an underrated state. Clemson has certainly made recruiting more difficult, but the Gamecocks are still the major school in that state.

Rankings though, they're usually weighted to favor big classes. I haven't looked at them lately, but perhaps that's part of this.

Herbstreit said during the Rose Bowl that not one person from when the scandal occurred or broke is at the school currently. CLEANED HOUSE

Franklin also doesn't have PA HS coaches and street agents openly working against him and steering kids to other schools. It's kind of a cult-ish mentality up there with how they view Penn State football.

Abso****inglutely this. The NCAA is one thing, but the leaches, etc. spreading the negative recruiting and pushing kids for handouts does not happen in State College, etc.

a 3 star in s.florida is a 4 star else where so i care less

The "stars" a recruit gets are adjusted based on where the player plays. A player who has good stats in South Florida will get more "stars" than a player with the exact same stats in North Dakota.

Advertisement
Back