How do these teams have a better recruiting rating than us

Advertisement
a 3 star in s.florida is a 4 star else where so i care less

The "stars" a recruit gets are adjusted based on where the player plays. A player who has good stats in South Florida will get more "stars" than a player with the exact same stats in North Dakota.

stars aint based off of stats brah. s,.fla kids are routinely underrated due to this being the best area of football in the country and we will have an absurdly amount of kids with stars. Again a 3 star here in s.fla is a 4-5 star elsewhere...this has been noted and documented for years.

The "stars" a recruit gets are adjusted based on where the player plays. A player who has good stats in South Florida will get more "stars" than a player with the exact same stats in North Dakota.

stars aint based off of stats brah. s,.fla kids are routinely underrated due to this being the best area of football in the country and we will have an absurdly amount of kids with stars. Again a 3 star here in s.fla is a 4-5 star elsewhere...this has been noted and documented for years.

They already give So.Fla players more stars to adjust for the fact that they'd probably have better stats if they were playing in North Dakota.

Not really, if anything kids in LA, Dallas, Atlanta and Miami get higher ratings due to the coverage they get as prospects compared to rural areas. South Florida is far from underrated and no subscriptions do not change a kids ratings.

1. South Carolina, which plays in a state with little talent and has Will Muschamp as coRch.
2. Notre Dame, which was 4-8 and will probably fire their head coRch after this year. They already have fired a lot of their assistants as well.
3. PSU, which is operating under a more legitimate recruiting cloud than Miami was. (ie negative recruiting from raping boys)
4. Tennessee, which has the probably soon to be fired Butch Al Golden Jones as coRch.

2017 Football Team Rankings

UGA under Smart has a much higher rating than us as well.

TN and South Carolina have more recruits as of now, but their average is lower - we are currently ahead on that count.

PSU won their conference, and was ranked higher. ND is ND.

Advertisement
Something Miami fans do not understand is that other schools have something to sell too. Penn State has tradition, facilities and one of the biggest crowds in college football. Tennessee has excellent facilities and is another school that puts 100k butts in the seat. South Carolina is SEC and A LOT of kids in the southeast want to compete in the SEC. I was pretty early in calling Muschamp a corch (just like I was with Strong), but he is still going to sell defense (same with Strong). Miami just needs to win and we will have something to sell these schools do not.

1. South Carolina, which plays in a state with little talent and has Will Muschamp as coRch.
2. Notre Dame, which was 4-8 and will probably fire their head coRch after this year. They already have fired a lot of their assistants as well.
3. PSU, which is operating under a more legitimate recruiting cloud than Miami was. (ie negative recruiting from raping boys)
4. Tennessee, which has the probably soon to be fired Butch Al Golden Jones as coRch.

2017 Football Team Rankings

UGA under Smart has a much higher rating than us as well.

TN and South Carolina have more recruits as of now, but their average is lower - we are currently ahead on that count.

PSU won their conference, and was ranked higher. ND is ND.

There also are teams like UF, UCLA and Washington that are rated lower than us because they have less commits, but actually have a higher average star rating.

Not really, if anything kids in LA, Dallas, Atlanta and Miami get higher ratings due to the coverage they get as prospects compared to rural areas. South Florida is far from underrated and no subscriptions do not change a kids ratings.

ok really?? You can almost put the same 10-15 teams in the recruiting rankings every year...that will likely not change much...
I know cause your not a real south fla guy ...you kinda want to have acknowledgments of other areas...**** almost all of the SEC school are in RURAL areas...

south florida kids dont get the star jump...its the opposite..cause then we would have an absurd amout of 4star-5star recruits/. There is like 5 schools in broward county alone in this class with 4+ div 1 dbs for example.

To add, recruits are often judged on how well they do at camps out of pads or on field against inferrer competition. It's one reason I can't stand watching a lot of thee HUDL highlight tapes. They typically are just showcasing their ability to catch a pass wide open on a fly route. In college these players don't get this type of separation and have trouble catching in traffic. Last outside of QB's, their smarts are often not rated at all, this is why Miami consistently has guys under perform and the picking up their 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL. South Florida recruits are some of the poorest coached in the country and it shows with their discipline and work ethic. Miami will need to develop these guys faster to win, but the guys also need to put in the work.

Advertisement

it may be hit or miss as anything with teenagers but gimme a kid that is rated and has the toughness and experience playing weekly for years in the 305 than someone elsewhere just dominating. That kid from somewhere else may either shine when he sees the tough competition at the college level or may sink.

guess i'm trying to say you have a more solid player and less variables with a kid from 305 than a rural area.

ok really?? You can almost put the same 10-15 teams in the recruiting rankings every year...that will likely not change much...
I know cause your not a real south fla guy ...you kinda want to have acknowledgments of other areas...**** almost all of the SEC school are in RURAL areas...

south florida kids dont get the star jump...its the opposite..cause then we would have an absurd amout of 4star-5star recruits/. There is like 5 schools in broward county alone in this class with 4+ div 1 dbs for example.

I don't doubt the talent in South Florida, I have never said it wasn't the best, but the belief that there is a conspiracy against South Florida is stupid. When kids make a decision their film is often evaluated again and sometimes they go up or down. Yes, kids that don't go to camp and are not seen against the right competition are often underrated. I am not sure what it has to do with the teams mentioned, as they recruit metro areas as well as rural areas. i am not sure what your point about SEC schools is supposed to mean. They are the best conference, but not because they are in rural areas, but because they keep their talent at home and go get top talent from other areas. The top 3 WR's in the country for 2019 are in GA, yet we aren't the favorite any any one of them. You would think with our staff we could pull one of those guys.

I don't doubt the talent in South Florida, I have never said it wasn't the best, but the belief that there is a conspiracy against South Florida is stupid. When kids make a decision their film is often evaluated again and sometimes they go up or down. Yes, kids that don't go to camp and are not seen against the right competition are often underrated. I am not sure what it has to do with the teams mentioned, as they recruit metro areas as well as rural areas. i am not sure what your point about SEC schools is supposed to mean. They are the best conference, but not because they are in rural areas, but because they keep their talent at home and go get top talent from other areas. The top 3 WR's in the country for 2019 are in GA, yet we aren't the favorite any any one of them. You would think with our staff we could pull one of those guys.

We are very much in it for Sheffield.

We are very much in it for Sheffield.

I hope so, he did well today in the True 19 game. GA All Stars ended up beating TX All Stars 35-7.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back