How did you find CanesInSight

How did you find CanesInSight?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Wore out my welcome on canesport.
Yea , well me too but that’s why I became a member . I found out about it through you actually. You used to slurp all over @dansileo’s nuts and told me that Surtain and Campbell (I think it was Campbell) were locks .

Naw, I wuz tawkin wit ole boi down to da swamp an hee tole me bout it. We wuz allsew tawkin bout hukkerz n blow butt dats anutter storey. Inyhow I beeleeve hiz handel wuz caindawg er sumthin. Hee wuz a postum killin fool doe!

Advertisement
My memory of the Lounge side of the migration is incomplete (possibly probably inaccurate) because I wasn't super active there but I'll do my best:
  • While CIS is only 10 years old, the community that started it goes back to the mid/late 90s back when it was EyeOfTheHurricane, then Grassy, then Canestime when it was folded into the Scout network.
  • An upper level Scout.com network admin (Moni) gave AUCane a network-global permaban for posting her personal deets in a thread.
    • AU didn't post her personal deets (someone else did), just her Scout profile picture in a thread about Scout. It was bull****.
    • This ****ed off alot of people on grassy, both in the Lounge and premium boards, because AU was an OG and longtime sub.
      • Premium people were super ****ed because of AU's standing, and were already upset about content quality (my post earlier).
      • Lounge people were ****ed because this was the latest example of Scout becoming more heavy handed. After Fox Sports purchased Scout, they became like the Spanish Inquisition when it came to curtailing Lounge shenanigans.
        • About a year earlier a splinter group of Lounge people consisting of Vishnu's crew left to form Sebastian's Pub, after some of them got banned (Banned of Brothers) for raiding other Scout network boards. (needs citation questionmark?)
        • Not to mention the long complaints of moderation in general which caused the CanesOverHere splinter group about 5 years prior to that from what I'll call "The Great Coker and Politics Wars" of the mid aughts.
    • Mods Larrrrrrrrrrry and Tano appealed to Bakas and Moni through DM's.
      • Tano posted them here, but I think the thread was moved to the wEz when it split off.
        • That was one of the first threads here and probably has all of the missing pieces and/or stuff I got wrong.
    • On November 2, 2011, Larrrrrrrry and Tano's efforts to get AU unbanned failed, and **** hit the fan.
      • D$, Lu, and bAndrew were gearing up to launch this place a few weeks/months later, but struck early to capitalize, and started handing out links to here like inflatable tubes for us to hop in. That's why the oldest usernames outside of them have that join date.
      • CanesInSight had over 1,000 registered user names in the first 5 days, along with over 250k thread views.
        • The gameday thread for the November 11, 2011 UM/FSU game on here is over 100 pages long. The gameday thread in the Lounge was just 6 pages.
    • Aftermath:
      • When Scout went **** up, 247 acquired it. Moni works for them now. :6fps6:
      • Ferman purchased the CanesTime url and it redirects to Canesport. :****:
      • The wEz was splintered off from here as its own site.
      • Sebastian's Pub is still going, and Vishnu gained lots of pub for the Pub with his articles about the Shapiro stuff and is now involved with the FiveReasons guys.
      • CanesOverHere went away for a while, but Mario's return seems to have reinvigorated the Banner man. Mario is already working wonders for this fanbase.
View attachment 174113

Feel free to correct or add on.
This right here!!! I remember this is how I got to CIS. I was youngblood then just watching carnage from afar.

Advertisement
I was an original FSU glitter boy. @JBCanes-NC is correct, I love trannies

05D2787E-D574-41E5-A703-901EB33E9565.jpeg

Yea , well me too but that’s why I became a member . I found out about it through you actually. You used to slurp all over @dansileo’s nuts and told me that Surtain and Campbell (I think it was Campbell) were locks .
I didn’t realize that you were clinically brain dead.

Last edited:
Was on a facebook group casually following the team as I had been since 2000 and saw a link to a forum topic. Clicked on it and ended up lurking for a while. Decided to create an account finally and have been obsessed with recruiting and the team ever since.

My memory of the Lounge side of the migration is incomplete (possibly probably inaccurate) because I wasn't super active there but I'll do my best:
  • While CIS is only 10 years old, the community that started it goes back to the mid/late 90s back when it was EyeOfTheHurricane, then Grassy, then Canestime when it was folded into the Scout network.
  • An upper level Scout.com network admin (Moni) gave AUCane a network-global permaban for posting her personal deets in a thread.
    • AU didn't post her personal deets (someone else did), just her Scout profile picture in a thread about Scout. It was bull****.
    • This ****ed off alot of people on grassy, both in the Lounge and premium boards, because AU was an OG and longtime sub.
      • Premium people were super ****ed because of AU's standing, and were already upset about content quality (my post earlier).
      • Lounge people were ****ed because this was the latest example of Scout becoming more heavy handed. After Fox Sports purchased Scout, they became like the Spanish Inquisition when it came to curtailing Lounge shenanigans.
        • About a year earlier a splinter group of Lounge people consisting of Vishnu's crew left to form Sebastian's Pub, after some of them got banned (Banned of Brothers) for raiding other Scout network boards. (needs citation questionmark?)
        • Not to mention the long complaints of moderation in general which caused the CanesOverHere splinter group about 5 years prior to that from what I'll call "The Great Coker and Politics Wars" of the mid aughts.
    • Mods Larrrrrrrrrrry and Tano appealed to Bakas and Moni through DM's.
      • Tano posted them here, but I think the thread was moved to the wEz when it split off.
        • That was one of the first threads here and probably has all of the missing pieces and/or stuff I got wrong.
    • On November 2, 2011, Larrrrrrrry and Tano's efforts to get AU unbanned failed, and **** hit the fan.
      • D$, Lu, and bAndrew were gearing up to launch this place a few weeks/months later, but struck early to capitalize, and started handing out links to here like inflatable tubes for us to hop in. That's why the oldest usernames outside of them have that join date.
      • CanesInSight had over 1,000 registered user names in the first 5 days, along with over 250k thread views.
        • The gameday thread for the November 11, 2011 UM/FSU game on here is over 100 pages long. The gameday thread in the Lounge was just 6 pages.
    • Aftermath:
      • When Scout went **** up, 247 acquired it. Moni works for them now. :6fps6:
      • Ferman purchased the CanesTime url and it redirects to Canesport. :****:
      • The wEz was splintered off from here as its own site.
      • Sebastian's Pub is still going, and Vishnu gained lots of pub for the Pub with his articles about the Shapiro stuff and is now involved with the FiveReasons guys.
      • CanesOverHere went away for a while, but Mario's return seems to have reinvigorated the Banner man. Mario is already working wonders for this fanbase.
View attachment 174113

Feel free to correct or add on.
I'll add that InsideTheU is itself derived from this community as well through Chris Stock and David Lake. They were both on the writing staff with Mike Bakas and apparently wanted to do their own thing (probably because they weren't paid but that's a guess). ITU went up in 2007 and soon joined the recently started ESPN recruiting network when the Mothership first got involved in recruiting coverage. They eventually switched to being a 247 affiliate years later. However, I don't believe that many people from this community migrated over there.

Advertisement
No longer was able to expense my subscription to CaneSport, so was looking for a free Canes site with a message board more in the mold of the old Grassy board (where I was Canes305 for a decade)—and landed here.

Insane to see a CaneSport or InsideTheU still trying to shake people down for $100 a year for their content and message board "experience".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back