how did the staff....

ball915

All-American
get so ahead of themselves with this class? They started a hashtag (#watchthefinish ) with numerous of the kids they were after being flaky recruits. Sure Edwards committed to them on his visit but how did they fall for it? Everything since they've started this ****y approach has gone against them starting with McFarland then Smith's cancelled visit and now the Gators with Henderson/Edwards. Even us as message board people know that until the LOI is in that nothing is a done deal. Would of expected this from a Golden that had no experience recruiting this level player but not from Richt. Save us "they comin" and #watchthefinish

Advertisement
They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB

Advertisement
get so ahead of themselves with this class? They started a hashtag (#watchthefinish ) with numerous of the kids they were after being flaky recruits. Sure Edwards committed to them on his visit but how did they fall for it? Everything since they've started this ****y approach has gone against them starting with McFarland then Smith's cancelled visit and now the Gators with Henderson/Edwards. Even us as message board people know that until the LOI is in that nothing is a done deal. Would of expected this from a Golden that had no experience recruiting this level player but not from Richt. Save us "they comin" and #watchthefinish

Well, when recruits tell you yes I am signing with you guys over and over again then it's kind of hard not to get excited and tweet that stuff out.

They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB

Not really. We will have Harley and Thomas and we will get Dean to go along with Bandy. I am fine with that

were projected to sign Thomas Harley and Njoku along w DeeJay enrolled. we did well to close at WR imo.

Advertisement
How about lets actually watch the finish before whining about it like a ******?

THIS GUY GETS IT

Someone has to have a sliver of sense around here. I mean the last 72 hours in signing day are crazy all that matters are who signs . Most of the players people are worried about will sign with us in the end so what do I care that they waffle a little a day before?

Dude take it easy and take your own advice don't get excited until ink meets paper, I think this staff did a good job going after players we need but we're talking about 17 and 18-year-old kids they change their minds more than they change their underwear

Advertisement

Luckily they salvaged the WR class, or so it looks. But they totally crapped the bed at CB. Not all their fault, I mean they are putting all their eggs in one basket at CB but lets not forget these flakes telling Miami they are coming and then backing off the next day. These flakes need to be held accountable as well. Just absolutely disrespectful and I don't even really want those types of guys on our team.

I have to agree with the OP, the staff got comfy like they knew something when they clearly knew nothing. That being said, I still think we still have a good class. One thing I have learned being a canes fan especially in recruiting is to "Never count your chickens before they hatch", hopefully this staff learns.

There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.

Advertisement
There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.

upv0te

But......they comin......we offered early...

So if we do in fact sign Henderson and/or Edwards tomorrow will all of you feel stupid? Or will you just pretend like you didn't just prematurely fall into mope mode?

Advertisement
Back