how did the staff....

There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.

this is better worded about my ****y comment and exactly what I meant

Advertisement
they overrated their perceived relationships with some of the recruits clearly namely McFarland, Smith, & Henderson

Bandy Dallas Dean.....yeah we missed on the cb position. Your all retarded. Wait till it's done to pass judgement.

I actually think the watchthefinish thing was a recruiting tactic. It tells recruits this is the place to be because look how many stars we got coming to close out the class, and that they can be apart of it. I think they did it to try to lock them down and get them in the mentality of being apart of something great.

So I don't think this was them being emotional or jumping the gun, I think it was them trying lock everyone in.

Advertisement
The good news is that these coaches can coach. We have enough playmakers to be dangerous. Missing out on soft Henderson or Edwards will not dictate our future.

We are on the right path with these coaches. The only worry we should have is if we can keep these coaches around for more than two years or be able to replace them.

The good news is that these coaches can coach. We have enough playmakers to be dangerous. Missing out on soft Henderson or Edwards will not dictate our future.

We are on the right path with these coaches. The only worry we should have is if we can keep these coaches around for more than two years or be able to replace them.

before we say henderson or edwards r gone, dont get too high or too low on an update until later tonight. this **** has changed hour by hour

So if we do in fact sign Henderson and/or Edwards tomorrow will all of you feel stupid? Or will you just pretend like you didn't just prematurely fall into mope mode?

It must get exhausting being so tough. Part of the fun is riding the waves. If we sign those guys real Canes fans will be doing cartwheels.

There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.
Too much Jesus & not enough Gangsta...

I love this staff & think they're all exceptional Coaches, but they're not "Stone cold killers", they don't know how get down in the trenches and bash a mutha****as face in...

I feel like Diaz is one of those guys who gets it, but other than that they're gentlemen & genuinely good people. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but in the recruiting game you have to be ruthless in order to get some of these kids.

They'll just have to adjust & learn how to stick to kids that they can sway earlier in the process.
It's not a knock on them though... I think it'll improve over time.

Advertisement
get so ahead of themselves with this class? They started a hashtag (#watchthefinish ) with numerous of the kids they were after being flaky recruits. Sure Edwards committed to them on his visit but how did they fall for it? Everything since they've started this ****y approach has gone against them starting with McFarland then Smith's cancelled visit and now the Gators with Henderson/Edwards. Even us as message board people know that until the LOI is in that nothing is a done deal. Would of expected this from a Golden that had no experience recruiting this level player but not from Richt. Save us "they comin" and #watchthefinish

I agree the watchthefinish stuff is CORNY...And someone needs to reel Banda in, he makes a fool of himself at times...And if you don't finish, you deserve to get mocked, BUT...

The finish isn't terrible (I think we split Edwards/Hendu...But let's say we lose both)

Finish: Herbert, Thomas, Dean, Harley
Nah: Hendu, Macfarland, Edwards

Little bit of good finish, little bad...Not total bust.

Too much Jesus & not enough Gangsta...

I love this staff & think they're all exceptional Coaches, but they're not "Stone cold killers", they don't know how get down in the trenches and bash a mutha****as face in...

I feel like Diaz is one of those guys who gets it, but other than that they're gentlemen & genuinely good people. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but in the recruiting game you have to be ruthless in order to get some of these kids.

They'll just have to adjust & learn how to stick to kids that they can sway earlier in the process.
It's not a knock on them though... I think it'll improve over time.

I see and understand your point my friend but you can't turn a housewife into a ho.

I actually think the watchthefinish thing was a recruiting tactic. It tells recruits this is the place to be because look how many stars we got coming to close out the class, and that they can be apart of it. I think they did it to try to lock them down and get them in the mentality of being apart of something great.

So I don't think this was them being emotional or jumping the gun, I think it was them trying lock everyone in.

I agree.

They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB
wr is gonna be fine. njoku, Harley and Thomas is a pretty good haul at wr, cb we have bandy, and dallas and could end up with Edwards and Henderson. we have redwine, young, probably gonna get dean, Jackson and mayes, so could be ok at cb also.

our real need was oline and the staff hit a homerun there.

Advertisement
"Finish" implies that things are done/papers are signed. Why freak out before any of these guys have announced?

It's all about learning experiences. Sans Kool and Searels, our other coaches are definitely green when it comes to crooting.

A new lesson that I hoped they learned - keep your mouth shut on the crooting trail and no that there word means **** until they actually sign and fax their LOI in.

I hope they sign because all this extra stuff is rediculous.. no matter how hard we stayed on them its their answer yes or no at the end of the day.. the staff did everything in their power

Advertisement
They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB

Luckily they salvaged the WR class, or so it looks. But they totally crapped the bed at CB. Not all their fault, I mean they are putting all their eggs in one basket at CB but lets not forget these flakes telling Miami they are coming and then backing off the next day. These flakes need to be held accountable as well. Just absolutely disrespectful and I don't even really want those types of guys on our team.

We will hold them accountable, the first game of their new coach in 2018.......................

So if we do in fact sign Henderson and/or Edwards tomorrow will all of you feel stupid? Or will you just pretend like you didn't just prematurely fall into mope mode?

Can't speak for anyone else but I will still feel that the # was a bad idea. Regardless of who we end up closing with.

Advertisement
Back