how did the staff....

Advertisement
get so ahead of themselves with this class? They started a hashtag (#watchthefinish ) with numerous of the kids they were after being flaky recruits. Sure Edwards committed to them on his visit but how did they fall for it? Everything since they've started this ****y approach has gone against them starting with McFarland then Smith's cancelled visit and now the Gators with Henderson/Edwards. Even us as message board people know that until the LOI is in that nothing is a done deal. Would of expected this from a Golden that had no experience recruiting this level player but not from Richt. Save us "they comin" and #watchthefinish
You know signing day hasn't happened right

the staff never got ahead of themselves. they are still confident I'm sure in Henderson and Edwards, they don't panic and start offering 2 or 1 star projects who belong at fiu, that's doesn't mean they got over confident or overstepped, this staff understand that recruiting is a yr round endeavor and that nothing is final to the name is on the dotted line and they will fight till the end to get the kids they think are Miami quality and not settle.

they nailed the oline this year with Donaldson, Hillary, Herbert, gaynor and company, they did ok at wr if they land Thomas and Harley to go with njoku its an excellent haul and db isn't as bad as most thing the 2 safties they got are good players and they have 2 cbs already in bandy and dallas, yes we missed on some kids but to get the big ones like jeudy u are gonna have to show u can win and win big like Miami has in past, this is the type of class u build on though.

They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB

were projected to sign Thomas Harley and Njoku along w DeeJay enrolled. we did well to close at WR imo.

I will be very surprise if Deejay does not play safety here. I think that will end up being his best position and will help us.

There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.

Mayne not gonna lie I thought some kids would gravitate to the young coaches that showed emotion the way our staff does, but looks like I was wrong. Hopefully this year was a learning experience for the young guys.

Advertisement
There are too many green coaches on our staff who ride the emotional waves too hard. They have misread situations repeatedly unfortunately.

I don't think they got comfy or c0cky because they kept working hard. Comfy and c0cky connotes a mic drop and that they just stopped recruiting.

It's not a comfy/c0cky thing. They're just not good at reading situations and get too emotional. And they're not good closers or good dirty fighters.

In other words, they're coaches and not salesmen.

Advertisement
So if we do in fact sign Henderson and/or Edwards tomorrow will all of you feel stupid? Or will you just pretend like you didn't just prematurely fall into mope mode?

It must get exhausting being so tough. Part of the fun is riding the waves. If we sign those guys real Canes fans will be doing cartwheels.

Your post...contains too much
th

Last edited:
this staff is very green. They dont have a feel for s.fla as off yet...and obviously take visits and their "relationships" wayyy to serious on certain guys. They have made some good plays...and some HORRIBLE reads the last 2. Holloman/Smith/Mcfarland off head were bad reads from the jump...based off MD hiring Mcfarlands coach you'd think theyw ould of had a legit replacement lined. The wr thing is a clowns show i care less who we finish with...we offered 2 kids that regular posters on here thought wtf on.

We also had coaches ...post links and promote a kid signing with another instate rival...plus the goofy *** hashtags n donk riding while getting killed on the recruiting trail ..looks bad homes.

But Pete got yall with the clickbait...

i want to know who on here is/was high on Henderson coming here as a cb..?I swear its a bunch of rookies on here, a kid visited a million times and ...DIDNT commit or ...decommitted...its hard to reel back in...Even Edwards..dude decommitted. if he liked us to that level it would have never happened

Last edited:
this staff is very green. They dont have a feel for s.fla as off yet...and obviously take visits and their "relationships" wayyy to serious on certain guys. They have made some good plays...and some HORRIBLE reads the last 2. Holloman/Smith/Mcfarland off head were bad reads from the jump...based off MD hiring Mcfarlands coach you'd think theyw ould of had a legit replacement lined. The wr thing is a clowns show i care less who we finish with...we offered 2 kids that regular posters on here thought wtf on.

We also had coaches ...post links and promote a kid signing with another instate rival...plus the goofy *** hashtags n donk riding while getting killed on the recruiting trail ..looks bad homes.

i want to know who on here is/was high on Henderson coming here as a cb..?I swear its a bunch of rookies on here, a kid visited a million times and ...DIDNT commit or ...decommitted...its hard to reel back in...Even Edwards..dude decommitted. if he liked us to that level it would have never happened

Preach,brother preach.And it all falls on Richt because he's the one with 16 year experience as headcoach and about 30 going back to his FSU days,most of the staff is green(cheap) as **** they still don't know any better but richt does.

Advertisement
They will learn. When I first heard that we were putting all our eggs into the Jeudy/Holliman/Smith basket, I remember thinking "these coaches will soon learn". It bit us bad at 2 positions of need - WR/CB
They should know better. Richt has been doing it for 15 years. The Maryland RB was a massive blunder as well. If a kid ain't committing to you at a minimum publicly then you better **** well have a backup plan. Rookie mistakes by coaches that have been around and should know the game.

that being said, if we close strong tomorrow then water under the bridge. But I do hope they've learned from this recruiting cycle no matter what happens tomorrow.

Good point about not having a feel for South Florida. Richt, Diaz, our RB coach should all know how the recruiting game is played. Hope these dudes learn and fast.

Advertisement

It's all about learning experiences. Sans Kool and Searels, our other coaches are definitely green when it comes to crooting.

A new lesson that I hoped they learned - keep your mouth shut on the crooting trail and no that there word means **** until they actually sign and fax their LOI in.
Searles and kuligowski are not green. Neither are Richt or Diaz. I think they need to be more cutthroat

Why we are still "learning" with a Head Coach who was supposedly top tier with an SEC program for 15 years belies reason! We tried the "Learning" experiment three times before CMR, and failed to an extent never seen before in sports.

Then again, its our shtick. We are also "Learning" how to run an offense and call plays up to a Patrick Nix level, so why should recruiting acumen be any different?

Last edited:
get so ahead of themselves with this class? They started a hashtag (#watchthefinish ) with numerous of the kids they were after being flaky recruits. Sure Edwards committed to them on his visit but how did they fall for it? Everything since they've started this ****y approach has gone against them starting with McFarland then Smith's cancelled visit and now the Gators with Henderson/Edwards. Even us as message board people know that until the LOI is in that nothing is a done deal. Would of expected this from a Golden that had no experience recruiting this level player but not from Richt. Save us "they comin" and #watchthefinish

Lebron go to bed!

They should know better. Richt has been doing it for 15 years. The Maryland RB was a massive blunder as well. If a kid ain't committing to you at a minimum publicly then you better **** well have a backup plan. Rookie mistakes by coaches that have been around and should know the game.

that being said, if we close strong tomorrow then water under the bridge. But I do hope they've learned from this recruiting cycle no matter what happens tomorrow.

THIS! We had a season of excuses, time to change the tune for NSD.

Advertisement
Back