How can we schedule more Sec teams

Hurricane4lyfe

recruit
Was reading the article about matchups Miami should try to schedule.. and thought some of same things.. schedule the school's that's kicking our butt's in recruiting. Michigan, Bama, especially Georgia, Tennessee,Oregon, etc. Wat yall think?? Will this approach change recruiting??

Advertisement
Advertisement
My strategy would be to wait on scheduling those teams until we are consistently winning 10-11 games a year. Until then I would be getting rid of the FCS opponents and start scheduling lower-level G5's and one or two lower level P5's for my OOC schedule. Someone like Akron or NM St. to open the year since they are FCS level garbage but still FBS. Then a quality couple quality G5's like Temple/Toledo/Utah St./Nevada or FIU (I'm still mad)/FAU. Then poor P5 but will still get you on national TV on a Saturday nooner like Vandy, Northwestern, Arizona, Kansas (Okay maybe not Kansas bad).

All this is subject to the obvious notion that programs can improve and decline over the couple years between scheduling and playing and the fact that we clearly can be beaten occasionally by some of these programs. But I think the general strategy helps get you to consistent winning which helps consistent recruiting. Once you are routinely beating those teams then you schedule a BAMA or LSU.

Getting embarrassed by them in a neutral site kick-off game week one where the whole country is watching destroys any recruiting cred QUICK. We gotta learn to crawl before we re-learn to walk.

Advertisement
Was reading the article about matchups Miami should try to schedule.. and thought some of same things.. schedule the school's that's kicking our butt's in recruiting. Michigan, Bama, especially Georgia, Tennessee,Oregon, etc. Wat yall think?? Will this approach change recruiting??
Miami cant beat bad coastal teams. Probably wont have much success even against bad SEC teams.

My strategy would be to wait on scheduling those teams until we are consistently winning 10-11 games a year. Until then I would be getting rid of the FCS opponents and start scheduling lower-level G5's and one or two lower level P5's for my OOC schedule. Someone like Akron or NM St. to open the year since they are FCS level garbage but still FBS. Then a quality couple quality G5's like Temple/Toledo/Utah St./Nevada or FIU (I'm still mad)/FAU. Then poor P5 but will still get you on national TV on a Saturday nooner like Vandy, Northwestern, Arizona, Kansas (Okay maybe not Kansas bad).

All this is subject to the obvious notion that programs can improve and decline over the couple years between scheduling and playing and the fact that we clearly can be beaten occasionally by some of these programs. But I think the general strategy helps get you to consistent winning which helps consistent recruiting. Once you are routinely beating those teams then you schedule a BAMA or LSU.

Getting embarrassed by them in a neutral site kick-off game week one where the whole country is watching destroys any recruiting cred QUICK. We gotta learn to crawl before we re-learn to walk.

I disagree with literally all of this.

Do you want to add more fuel to the fire? As of today, we're not on their level (excluding Tennessee). We'll get up for the game, but we're not ready to consistently compete at high level on a daily basis. Like the other poster said, we need to start taking care of business on the field first.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back