How can we schedule more Sec teams

Any chance the Kentucky cheerleading team could be scheduled? They seem to be a party.

Advertisement
Remember when our motto was anyone, anywhere, anytime? Now it’s try to schedule as many non p5’s, in good weather, at home.
Blake James does not want to lose his job or his amigo CMD..... bring on Temple, UAB,Wagner.......weaking the schedule to improve your record only means first time you get in tough, you wet the bed.....
My strategy would be to wait on scheduling those teams until we are consistently winning 10-11 games a year. Until then I would be getting rid of the FCS opponents and start scheduling lower-level G5's and one or two lower level P5's for my OOC schedule. Someone like Akron or NM St. to open the year since they are FCS level garbage but still FBS. Then a quality couple quality G5's like Temple/Toledo/Utah St./Nevada or FIU (I'm still mad)/FAU. Then poor P5 but will still get you on national TV on a Saturday nooner like Vandy, Northwestern, Arizona, Kansas (Okay maybe not Kansas bad).

All this is subject to the obvious notion that programs can improve and decline over the couple years between scheduling and playing and the fact that we clearly can be beaten occasionally by some of these programs. But I think the general strategy helps get you to consistent winning which helps consistent recruiting. Once you are routinely beating those teams then you schedule a BAMA or LSU.

Getting embarrassed by them in a neutral site kick-off game week one where the whole country is watching destroys any recruiting cred QUICK. We gotta learn to crawl before we re-learn to walk.
have we sunk this low are we this bad..... we're playing Temple, UAB and Wagner already,,,,,
Blake James looks this schedule so he can sweep the outside ACC schedule and turn in a 5-3 record in ACC.... and speak of improvements in team

Advertisement
Isn’t Georgia Tech highly regarded academically?

Are suggesting a 6 team playoff for the Harvard of the South Championship?

Miami
Duke
Vandy
Georgia Tech
Rice
Wake

I think Miami could manage to win that championship at least once every 8 years. Sadly, Miami doesn't even really belong in the conversation as President Frenk has idly watched as the school plummeted in academic rankings to the point that UM is tied with FSU. Pretty much everything about the school is an embarrassment. At least RSMAS still has a good reputation. We have the respect of Oceanographers. That's something.

Last edited:
Blake James does not want to lose his job or his amigo CMD..... bring on Temple, UAB,Wagner.......weaking the schedule to improve your record only means first time you get in tough, you wet the bed.....

have we sunk this low are we this bad..... we're playing Temple, UAB and Wagner already,,,,,
Blake James looks this schedule so he can sweep the outside ACC schedule and turn in a 5-3 record in ACC.... and speak of improvements in team

To answer your question yes we are. BUT other than the FCS teams we play every year we aren't scheduling any different than any of the elite programs. LSU, FL, BAMA, TAMU, FL again in the out of conference. Michigan State this year which was scheduled back when they were winning 10-11 games each year. In the past few years we did a home and home with traditional power Nebraska. It wasn't our fault they have slumped into mediocrity. And they still beat us one of the games. We've lost to Cincy, FIU, and La Tech over the past few years. We've won 1 bowl in the past who knows how many years, and we've been beaten by La. Tech, South Carolina, Washington St., Wisconsin twice, Notre Dame among others.

This program right now needs any advantage it can get, which includes a VERY favorable schedule.

The retardation in this thread is so so strong.

Let’s review.

1. Eight of the 12 regular season games we play, have to be a ACC opponents. That’s not negotiable.

2. The remaining four games are as follows for virtually 100% of all college football. One P5 opponent, 2 G5 opponents and one FBS opponent. We are doing nothing different than any other school. Including the SEC.

3. For arguments sake let’s assume we want to assume a much harder OOS schedule than 100% of all other teams in P5 conferences, and instead of scheduling a G5 or an FBS opponent (like everyone else does), we scheduled another P5 opponent, specifically an SEC team.

4. So assuming #3 above, then we’re going to go balls out, and schedule an SEC team every year instead of an FBS opponent, One thing would be required. Do you young children know what that one thing would be? Think hard, little children. Has anybody come up with it yet? Let me tell you what that one thing is. We would have to get other SEC teams to agree to play us. And you know what, my little children? They won’t agree to do it. They have their own OOC schedule that they don’t want to make any more difficult with any P5 team, including us.

So there you have it, kids.

Even if we wanted to schedule an additional SEC team every year, we couldn’t find a single one of them to do it. Other than as part of their regular P5 OOS schedule.

And SEC teams are only going to schedule one P5 outside of their own conference every year.

We couldn’t find a single SEC team to do it.

The only way, is the way are doing it now. Like when we played LSU a couple of years ago and like when we’re going to play Alabama and Texas A&M over the next few years. That’s part of their, and our, OOS P5 schedule. They won’t schedule any more than that.

OK children, back to bed. Story time is over. Hope you learned your lesson.

Advertisement
To answer your question yes we are. BUT other than the FCS teams we play every year we aren't scheduling any different than any of the elite programs. LSU, FL, BAMA, TAMU, FL again in the out of conference. Michigan State this year which was scheduled back when they were winning 10-11 games each year. In the past few years we did a home and home with traditional power Nebraska. It wasn't our fault they have slumped into mediocrity. And they still beat us one of the games. We've lost to Cincy, FIU, and La Tech over the past few years. We've won 1 bowl in the past who knows how many years, and we've been beaten by La. Tech, South Carolina, Washington St., Wisconsin twice, Notre Dame among others.

This program right now needs any advantage it can get, which includes a VERY favorable schedule.
Bill Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are. last season was rock bottom , culture of program is broke
evidenced by no show bowl effort. perhaps 5-3 in ACC and a 2 to 3 win start is what we are.
really do not know where to go from here as we are a victim of our past in a lot of ways
highly doubt that current group will do a whole lot better than what i have described..... 3-1 heck maybe even 4-0
then middle of the road performance in ACC.... mid tier bowl game Pinstripe,Sun Bowl etc.
We are lucky in scheduling Bama to start season inso far as Saban will kick your -ss but not run it up

Bill Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are. last season was rock bottom , culture of program is broke
evidenced by no show bowl effort. perhaps 5-3 in ACC and a 2 to 3 win start is what we are.
really do not know where to go from here as we are a victim of our past in a lot of ways
highly doubt that current group will do a whole lot better than what i have described..... 3-1 heck maybe even 4-0
then middle of the road performance in ACC.... mid tier bowl game Pinstripe,Sun Bowl etc.
We are lucky in scheduling Bama to start season inso far as Saban will kick your -ss but not run it up
Saban has been obliterating the OOC Power 5 teams in early season games for years. Ask USC, Duke, Wisky, VT, Michigan, etc if he will run it up on you.
If we stay within 20 points it will be a win

Last edited:
Saban has been obliterating the OOC Power 5 teams in early season games for years. Ask USC, Duke, Wisky, VT, Michigan, etc if he will run it up on you.
If we stay within 20 points it will be a win
Saban does but not like say Spurrier> early prediction Bama 34 Canes 10
Bama has huge edge in talent, S&C program, and BIG, I MEAN BIG edge is staff vs.CMD and company

Advertisement
He blows out OOC Power 5s when he can, and he **** sure will try vs. Miami where he recruits blue chips.
Recent Early season Power 5 Scores:
Bama 42 Duke 3
Bama 51 Louisville 14
Bama 52 USC 6
Bama 35 VT 10
Bama 41 Michigan 14

They lose a ton in 2020 but they just slide more 5 stars in. If he can beat Miami by 50 he will.

Well, if we do seclude more SEC teams, we could get rid of our crappy HCs faster - 75-0 will get a coach fired. Then we have a chance that Administration will make a mistake and hire a good coach who secretly really wants to win.

Advertisement
The retardation in this thread is so so strong.

Let’s review.

1. Eight of the 12 regular season games we play, have to be a ACC opponents. That’s not negotiable.

2. The remaining four games are as follows for virtually 100% of all college football. One P5 opponent, 2 G5 opponents and one FBS opponent. We are doing nothing different than any other school. Including the SEC.

3. For arguments sake let’s assume we want to assume a much harder OOS schedule than 100% of all other teams in P5 conferences, and instead of scheduling a G5 or an FBS opponent (like everyone else does), we scheduled another P5 opponent, specifically an SEC team.

4. So assuming #3 above, then we’re going to go balls out, and schedule an SEC team every year instead of an FBS opponent, One thing would be required. Do you young children know what that one thing would be? Think hard, little children. Has anybody come up with it yet? Let me tell you what that one thing is. We would have to get other SEC teams to agree to play us. And you know what, my little children? They won’t agree to do it. They have their own OOC schedule that they don’t want to make any more difficult with any P5 team, including us.

So there you have it, kids.

Even if we wanted to schedule an additional SEC team every year, we couldn’t find a single one of them to do it. Other than as part of their regular P5 OOS schedule.

And SEC teams are only going to schedule one P5 outside of their own conference every year.

We couldn’t find a single SEC team to do it.

The only way, is the way are doing it now. Like when we played LSU a couple of years ago and like when we’re going to play Alabama and Texas A&M over the next few years. That’s part of their, and our, OOS P5 schedule. They won’t schedule any more than that.

OK children, back to bed. Story time is over. Hope you learned your lesson.

The only way Miami would EVER be able to consistently get 2 SEC teams on the schedule yearly is if Florida did the right thing and added Miami as a yearly game again. That isn't going to happen for multiple reasons, including the fact that UF has little interest in playing two significant OOC games per year. The only way that would happen is if the SEC required them to beef up their historically weak OOC slates(Outside of their mandated FSU matchup).

If Miami wants to add an additional legit P5 game to the schedule, then it has to be through the Big XII or Pac 12. Those are games that make a ton of sense, and we have existing relationships with some of those schools. Frankly, I'd love to see Miami come out to Tempe or Tucson(Mostly because I live in Phoenix), or I'd love to see Miami get it on with Southern Cal or Washington. You know OU has no problem with playing Miami, the relationship stretches back decades.

The only way Miami would EVER be able to consistently get 2 SEC teams on the schedule yearly is if Florida did the right thing and added Miami as a yearly game again. That isn't going to happen for multiple reasons, including the fact that UF has little interest in playing two significant OOC games per year. The only way that would happen is if the SEC required them to beef up their historically weak OOC slates(Outside of their mandated FSU matchup).

If Miami wants to add an additional legit P5 game to the schedule, then it has to be through the Big XII or Pac 12. Those are games that make a ton of sense, and we have existing relationships with some of those schools. Frankly, I'd love to see Miami come out to Tempe or Tucson(Mostly because I live in Phoenix), or I'd love to see Miami get it on with Southern Cal or Washington. You know OU has no problem with playing Miami, the relationship stretches back decades.

100% agree.

If, and that’s a big “IF”, Miami wanted to schedule 2 OOC P5’s a year, something probably no more than 90 to 95% of the P5 schools do, then it would have to be through those conferences you mentioned.

....OR.......

If UFåggits did the right thing and scheduled us yearly. Some thing I’m sure we would do, but they would never do. I would have no problem with 2 OOC P5s every year if that were the case. None at all.

Even if those cowards would schedule us on a semi regular basis like maybe one game guaranteed every 3-4 years or so, that’s something that should happen.

I just don’t get it. Make it a regular part of the schedule we play each other every three years every four years something like that. At least that. They just don’t want any of this smoke. Because they know eventually we’re going to get it right. They also realize deep down inside, UFailure is historically, the most underachieving program in the history of college football of all time. That is undisputed.

100% agree.

If, and that’s a big “IF”, Miami wanted to schedule 2 OOC P5’s a year, something probably no more than 90 to 95% of the P5 schools do, then it would have to be through those conferences you mentioned.

....OR.......

If UFåggits did the right thing and scheduled us yearly. Some thing I’m sure we would do, but they would never do. I would have no problem with 2 OOC P5s every year if that were the case. None at all.

Even if those cowards would schedule us on a semi regular basis like maybe one game guaranteed every 3-4 years or so, that’s something that should happen.

I just don’t get it. Make it a regular part of the schedule we play each other every three years every four years something like that. At least that. They just don’t want any of this smoke. Because they know eventually we’re going to get it right. They also realize deep down inside, UFailure is historically, the most underachieving program in the history of college football of all time. That is undisputed.

If UF could get out of playing FSU, they would. It's clear as day that their athletic department is gutless. Remember, they went over 20 years between OOC games outside of the state of Florida. Let that sink in. Frankly, UF should want to play Miami yearly, it ensures that they have a marquee OOC home game every year(Match it up to where we come to town on years UF goes to Tally). It also ensures that they don't ever have to leave the state for an OOC game, because no one will ever criticize them for playing FSU and Miami every year as their two P5 OOC games.

That said, you are right. UF knows that even when Miami is down, we are capable of beating them. Think about the following: Miami has been mediocre for years now, and we've managed to beat UF in that time span. Frankly, when you look at it, Miami with a competent staff wins last year's game, and a good staff wins by 14+. They know that eventually, Miami will hit on a coach, and they will be relegated back to the second tier program they've been for most of the last 100 years.

Advertisement
Back