How can Malik Rosier take his game to the next level?

Everything Rosier needs to become an elite QB can be gained through coaching and game experience. He is not lacking any of the physical tools. The biggest thing that holds him back is that he has only played 9 games.

You cant improve accuracy. Either you are a accurate passer or not.

Bull****. Accuracy is a product of proper mechanics and repetition. Do it the right way over and over until your body knows no other way, and you'll be accurate.

Nah. If it was that simple all these qbs in college and pro would work their *** off to fix it. Name one qb that was known as a inaccurate passer that all of a sudden became accurate.

Advertisement
Everything Rosier needs to become an elite QB can be gained through coaching and game experience. He is not lacking any of the physical tools. The biggest thing that holds him back is that he has only played 9 games.

Bull****. Accuracy is a product of proper mechanics and repetition. Do it the right way over and over until your body knows no other way, and you'll be accurate.

Nah. If it was that simple all these qbs in college and pro would work their *** off to fix it. Name one qb that was known as a inaccurate passer that all of a sudden became accurate.

Malik Rosier. He isn't inaccurate. He just has streaky accuracy due to limited experience working with a quality coach. He's gotten better every game.

You act like there's this huge drop off between Joe Flacco and Tom Brady, but they both possess NFL level accuracy. I'm not about to even try to argue that one is not more accurate than the other, but they both worked their way to the elite level by fine tuning their mechanics and repetition. No one starts out with elite accuracy. Some may have a jump on others, and Rosier, by all accounts, was slow coming out the hole, but he can improve his craft. And he has. Without a doubt.

So yeah. Malik Rosier is my example of a QB who was known as inaccurate and probably not a guy who could ever play for Miami, and he worked his *** off to lead us to our best start in over 10 years and become a Maxwell Award finalist.

I believe if he worked on his consistancy and accuracy he could take the next step. Add on the way he runs and lights out!

Advertisement

Malik Rosier. He isn't inaccurate. He just has streaky accuracy due to limited experience working with a quality coach. He's gotten better every game.

You act like there's this huge drop off between Joe Flacco and Tom Brady, but they both possess NFL level accuracy. I'm not about to even try to argue that one is not more accurate than the other, but they both worked their way to the elite level by fine tuning their mechanics and repetition. No one starts out with elite accuracy. Some may have a jump on others, and Rosier, by all accounts, was slow coming out the hole, but he can improve his craft. And he has. Without a doubt.

So yeah. Malik Rosier is my example of a QB who was known as inaccurate and probably not a guy who could ever play for Miami, and he worked his *** off to lead us to our best start in over 10 years and become a Maxwell Award finalist.

Rosier is inaccurate. He has bad ball placement and the whole nine. It is what it is.

I dont think its accuracy...considering he was a pitcher...I feel like its less of ball placement inconsistency, and more of bad decisions based on anticipation of the defense and/or misjudgment of his WR's speed

Advertisement
To me he just looks like a gamer never gonna be elite just a straight winner though. Kinda reminds me of tahj Boyd the ab for Clemson a few yrs ago.

Unless you have a crystal ball to look in the future, it's biased and unfair to make statements like that. Before this season started, most on this board said he shouldn't even be a Miami QB. You are repeating the same mistake.
Preach

Ball placement and accuracy are his two biggest flaws. Technique would probably tighten some of that up, but Rosier in many ways is what he is.

Each game should improve his defensive reading skills. Also improve release speed.

During the season, make good decisions (to limit turnovers) and simply think of distributing the ball to his playmakers (particularly those that fight for the ball when it's in the air and catch it consistently). He would have fewer turnovers if he consistently throws to Herndon, Langham, Richards, Berrios and deep balls to Thomas. The first three listed do a good job using their big frames to fight for the ball (and prevent an INT). Berrios also does a great job fighting for the ball (despite having a smaller frame).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes it seems he determines pre-snap where he is going with the rock. Would love to see him look off of his 1st option and go through his progressions more often.

Accuracy is not something QB's are born with. Accuracy is developed. Rosier in his first season as a full time starter is no where near a finished product so to say that he cant become a more accurate passer is just ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back