How Bill Walsh evaluated receivers

Someone who would of benefited from running track in college.. His acceleration always stood out but his long speed needed work.. Like his 0-60 was legit, him off the line of scrimmage was second to none but track woulda did wonders for him not redlining soo fast..

Reggie Wayne was on that zoom call with all those guys Andre johnson, ed reed, marshall faulk, ted ginn, etc for coach curtis johnson and he mentioned how curtis pushed him to run track even tho he wasnt a track guy but running those 200 meters helped him soo much on field and made him better.. We dont encourage our skill guys to run anymore and actually seem to discourage it from players who excelled at it in high school if you believe them.
Running technique matters.

Carl Lewis spoke about that when Darrell Green was introduced to the NFL Top 100. He said that running fast feels easy, because your feet are just skipping the floor.

Running a lot helps with that because of muscle memory.

Advertisement
I’ve never liked the “they give us the best chance to win” bs, like Manny spewed at his PC. By that logic, the three WR (per Lashlee) didn’t win one matchup. Solan by is saying there is nobody else on the roster who can win one matchup. I guarantee you Rooster could win one. And sure as **** K Smith could. Redding will at least compete for a jump ball, and X is a baller. The point is, if you can’t play, it doesn’t matter how well you know the O. Get some guys that have potential to play out there. ****, I bet w our TE talent, a 4 TE look could be good inside the 20.

Could we not just bring this picture when recruiting and compare?

1602716959883.png

Advertisement
always looks like he's trying to run away from his dad to avoid a whoopin.
best comparison I’ve heard in a min. Lol.

Wr is all about speed. You have to threaten deep to be a good possession receiver. We have recruited those guys over the years but when they make a drop or two we seem to move on to the next guy, and they transfer. Speed kills at the position. Let them make mistakes and grow. Richt especially was guilty of that mistake. We lost many great players.

Advertisement
Back