How about this guy?

Advertisement
I think they bring back Ed Orgeron.. Yes, I know he failed miserably at Ole Miss, but he did a Great job as Interim Coach at USC.. How often do we hear if it wasn't for my mistakes at the other place I wouldn't be where I am today? They learn from their mistakes, MJ didn't make Varsity his first go around, look at Tom Landry's record to start, the list is endless..
Orgeron has history here, he's a great recruiter and he brings passion, which to me is probably the biggest thing missing on this team..

I think they bring back Ed Orgeron.. Yes, I
know he failed miserably at Ole Miss, but he did a Great job as Interim Coach at USC.. How often do we hear if it wasn't for my mistakes at the other place I wouldn't be where I am today? They learn from their mistakes, MJ didn't make Varsity his first go around, look at Tom Landry's record to start, the list is endless..
Orgeron has history here, he's a great recruiter and he brings passion, which to me is probably the biggest thing missing on this team..

^^^ Orgeron would be another really interesting choice. He'd be a very risky hire, but could bring back that swagger. Problem with him is he has a bad history with violating NCAA rules, so I doubt James would want him. If he could keep Coley, or get another good offensive coordinator he could really thrive here.

The most humorous part of this discussion is that Tuberville actually makes the same as we pay our head corch. At Cincinnati.

Hire the guy Golden beat by 21 to be the next HC???

That makes sense to some of y'all??

:madstare:

Miami scored 55 against Tubberville's team ... And it should have been worse, but Golden is too conservative to really run it up.

No chance we hire Tommy, nor should we.

Orgeron is another terrible choice!

Some of y'all and the "Miami connection" need to get a clue. That's an overrated consideration. I'm not sure ANYONE could be more "connected to Miami" than Randy Shannon ... How did that work out?!?

I'm a firm believer in the Bring Back Butch mantra, and think Cristobal could be interesting too. But what about Tommy Tuburville? He has U connections, has won at a very high level at Auburn, and is a veteran experienced guy. He's getting up there in years but could be the best of the bunch.

Advertisement
We need a Gary Patterson-esque type of coach. One who not only is competent and brings an attitude and swagger that attracts young players (particularly SF players), but is not looking for the next "big" opportunity. They are rare, but if we find one, watch out! I don't pay enough attention to other programs to offer suggestions, but I've heard of coaches like Hudspeth who might fit that mold.

I'm a firm believer in the Bring Back Butch mantra, and think Cristobal could be interesting too. But what about Tommy Tuburville? He has U connections, has won at a very high level at Auburn, and is a veteran experienced guy. He's getting up there in years but could be the best of the bunch.

I don't see Golden leaving UM for the NFL anytime soon. He's still installing the pillars.

know he failed miserably at Ole Miss, but he did a Great job as Interim Coach at USC.. How often do we hear if it wasn't for my mistakes at the other place I wouldn't be where I am today? They learn from their mistakes, MJ didn't make Varsity his first go around, look at Tom Landry's record to start, the list is endless..

^^^ Orgeron would be another really interesting choice. He'd be a very risky hire, but could bring back that swagger. Problem with him is he has a bad history with violating NCAA rules, so I doubt James would want him. If he could keep Coley, or get another good offensive coordinator he could really thrive here.

you're right. the only thing we are missing is the "swagger." once we get that back, we'll be back on top.

Keeping Coley is a big if. Teams all over CFB and the NFL have been trying to pull him from the staff. Golden has pulled every trick in the book to keep him here.

Advertisement

you're right. the only thing we are missing is the "swagger." once we get that back, we'll be back on top.

Keeping Coley is a big if. Teams all over CFB and the NFL have been trying to pull him from the staff. Golden has pulled every trick in the book to keep him here.

I pucking love this place.

DOC HOLLIDAY. He has dam good relationships with south florida coaches

Last edited:
Tommy is not who we need. We will never pay for an Elite HC here. We need a guy who can bring Elite Coordinators. Every good program has good/great Asst. Coaches. We have below average Asst. Coaches all over our program.

Advertisement
Tommy is not who we need. We will never pay for an Elite HC here. We need a guy who can bring Elite Coordinators. Every good program has good/great Asst. Coaches. We have below average Asst. Coaches all over our program.

I never thought I'd see a sentence that included "Tommy Tubberville" and "elite head coach."

Advertisement
Look what Orgeron did at USC, went 7-2 beat #5 Stanford, and #20 Fresno State, lost to crosstown rival #22 UCLA & Notre Dame, and finished the season ranked #19 . Not too bad for interm coach.

He won 2 national Championships at Miami, coached some of the Best Defensive Lineman at Miami and he's an incredible recruiter. If he hired the right Offensive Coordinator, and with the current talent on this team we'd be back in the Top 25 within the first year..

I know the negatives as well, failed at Ole Miss (not everyone succeeds their 1st time), blow up while at Miami (bad time in his life, mo incidents since then)..

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this team needs to play with a passion that the current staff doesn't bring to the table.. The D needs to play with an Attitude, that nobody can move the ball on us (ain't happening with this Pansy Scheme), and The Offense needs to have the Attitude that nobody can stop us from moving the chains (Coley is a?, we moved the ball On FSU that 1st half and it was brilliant, but the 2nd half adjustments went to FSU)... Orgeron would bring that attitude, he rallied USC in '13 to 7-2 record, they could've folded, but they went out and beat some pretty good teams.. The worst thing the administration could do is bring in another passive Coach

I pucking love this place.

I want a young up and coming offensive minded former coordinator that can recruit.

In the mold of Jimbo Fisher, Mark Helfrich, Gus Malzahn, Art Briles, Urban Meyer, etc.

Those are the guys that are winning in college football today that are not named Saban or Patterson.

Names that come to mind are...

Scott Frost
Matt Lubick
Tom Herman
Rob Chudzinski
Chad Morris

Greg Schiano and Mario Croistobal would be the same as Golden. No innovation.

Tuberville and Butch are too old.

I want a young up and coming offensive minded former coordinator that can recruit.

In the mold of Jimbo Fisher, Mark Helfrich, Gus Malzahn, Art Briles, Urban Meyer, etc.

Those are the guys that are winning in college football today that are not named Saban or Patterson.

Names that come to mind are...

Scott Frost
Matt Lubick
Tom Herman
Rob Chudzinski
Chad Morris

Greg Schiano and Mario Croistobal would be the same as Golden. No innovation.

Tuberville and Butch are too old.

Butch is too old? How old is Saban? I'll answer that for you, they are both 63.

Advertisement
Back