How about this guy?

Actually, Clay Helton won the Bowl Game against Fresno State.

If USC didn't think enough of Ogeron to keep him, when they already had him, I don't want him, either.

Not only that ... But no other school extended him an offer, either.

Why some of y'all "fans" continue to believe guys who no one else wants would do so well at Miami is completely beyond me!

We already have a coach who was viewed as an excellent recruiter, and an "up and comer". He's failed!

Nobody but relatives and close friends of his really think Ed Ogeron should be the HC of a major football program. ****, the dude can't even get a job as a DC, but you think he should be the next HC at Miami?!?!?

:madstare:

Look what Orgeron did at USC, went 7-2 beat #5 Stanford, and #20 Fresno State, lost to crosstown rival #22 UCLA & Notre Dame, and finished the season ranked #19 . Not too bad for interm coach.

He won 2 national Championships at Miami, coached some of the Best Defensive Lineman at Miami and he's an incredible recruiter. If he hired the right Offensive Coordinator, and with the current talent on this team we'd be back in the Top 25 within the first year..

I know the negatives as well, failed at Ole Miss (not everyone succeeds their 1st time), blow up while at Miami (bad time in his life, mo incidents since then)..

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this team needs to play with a passion that the current staff doesn't bring to the table.. The D needs to play with an Attitude, that nobody can move the ball on us (ain't happening with this Pansy Scheme), and The Offense needs to have the Attitude that nobody can stop us from moving the chains (Coley is a?, we moved the ball On FSU that 1st half and it was brilliant, but the 2nd half adjustments went to FSU)... Orgeron would bring that attitude, he rallied USC in '13 to 7-2 record, they could've folded, but they went out and beat some pretty good teams.. The worst thing the administration could do is bring in another passive Coach

I think they bring back Ed Orgeron.. Yes, I
know he failed miserably at Ole Miss, but he did a Great job as Interim Coach at USC.. How often do we hear if it wasn't for my mistakes at the other place I wouldn't be where I am today? They learn from their mistakes, MJ didn't make Varsity his first go around, look at Tom Landry's record to start, the list is endless..
Orgeron has history here, he's a great recruiter and he brings passion, which to me is probably the biggest thing missing on this team..

^^^ Orgeron would be another really interesting choice. He'd be a very risky hire, but could bring back that swagger. Problem with him is he has a bad history with violating NCAA rules, so I doubt James would want him. If he could keep Coley, or get another good offensive coordinator he could really thrive here.

you're right. the only thing we are missing is the "swagger." once we get that back, we'll be back on top.

Keeping Coley is a big if. Teams all over CFB and the NFL have been trying to pull him from the staff. Golden has pulled every trick in the book to keep him here.

I pucking love this place.

Advertisement
No USC passed on him because he doesn't fit their image, it's not as if Sarkisian was knocking the cover off the ball at Washington..

Orgeron maybe a bit of a Hot Head, but at least he had the courage to stand up for what he believes in.. He told USC to f*** off, sat out a year and is now coaching Defensive lineman at LSU..

It's not as if Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson were huge successes before coming to Miami, both were .500 Coaches, we don't need to reinvent the wheel here.. I'd rather have a guy that's Hungry and wants to prove that his previous failure was just temporary and a learning experience in which to build from...

If USC didn't think enough of Ogeron to keep him, when they already had him, I don't want him, either.

Why some of y'all "fans" continue to believe guys who no one else wants would do so well at Miami is completely beyond me!

We already have a coach who was viewed as an excellent recruiter, and an "up and comer". He's failed!

Nobody but relatives and close friends of his really think Ed Ogeron should be the HC of a major football program. ****, the dude can't even get a job as a DC, but you think he should be the next HC at Miami?!?!?

Look what Orgeron did at USC, went 7-2 beat #5 Stanford, and #20 Fresno State, lost to crosstown rival #22 UCLA & Notre Dame, and finished the season ranked #19 . Not too bad for interm coach.

He won 2 national Championships at Miami, coached some of the Best Defensive Lineman at Miami and he's an incredible recruiter. If he hired the right Offensive Coordinator, and with the current talent on this team we'd be back in the Top 25 within the first year..

I know the negatives as well, failed at Ole Miss (not everyone succeeds their 1st time), blow up while at Miami (bad time in his life, mo incidents since then)..

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this team needs to play with a passion that the current staff doesn't bring to the table.. The D needs to play with an Attitude, that nobody can move the ball on us (ain't happening with this Pansy Scheme), and The Offense needs to have the Attitude that nobody can stop us from moving the chains (Coley is a?, we moved the ball On FSU that 1st half and it was brilliant, but the 2nd half adjustments went to FSU)... Orgeron would bring that attitude, he rallied USC in '13 to 7-2 record, they could've folded, but they went out and beat some pretty good teams.. The worst thing the administration could do is bring in another passive Coach

^^^ Orgeron would be another really interesting choice. He'd be a very risky hire, but could bring back that swagger. Problem with him is he has a bad history with violating NCAA rules, so I doubt James would want him. If he could keep Coley, or get another good offensive coordinator he could really thrive here.

you're right. the only thing we are missing is the "swagger." once we get that back, we'll be back on top.

Keeping Coley is a big if. Teams all over CFB and the NFL have been trying to pull him from the staff. Golden has pulled every trick in the book to keep him here.

First ... Johnson and Erickson were current HCs when Miami hired them, so that reference makes no sense.

Second ... You're killing your own argument:

Sark wasn't particularly impressive at Washington, but USC still preferred to hire him over Orgeron.

That should tell you something ...

And Ed didn't "voluntarily" sit out. He was out because he thought he could get a HC job, and NOBODY was interested.

He's coaching the DL at LSU ... The DL, even though they had an opening at the DC position, but LSU hired him to coach the DL ... Because he still couldn't find a program interested in him for HC or DC.

Again ... Think about that.

And lets not forget, he was BEGGING for the Kansas job!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-ed-orgeron-wants-to-be-your-next-head-coach/

... This is the guy you really think should be considered for the HC job at Miami when it comes open??!!??

I don't know you ... But I'm guessing you're either a friend or relative of Orgeron; or you're not really a Miami fan, and are happy to see us with subpar coaches ...

No USC passed on him because he doesn't fit their image, it's not as if Sarkisian was knocking the cover off the ball at Washington..

Orgeron maybe a bit of a Hot Head, but at least he had the courage to stand up for what he believes in.. He told USC to f*** off, sat out a year and is now coaching Defensive lineman at LSU..

It's not as if Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson were huge successes before coming to Miami, both were .500 Coaches, we don't need to reinvent the wheel here.. I'd rather have a guy that's Hungry and wants to prove that his previous failure was just temporary and a learning experience in which to build from...

1. Butch Davis
2. Mike Leach
3. Ice Harris
4. Rick Ross
5. Tupac
6. Ed Reed
7. Uncle Luke

In that order

Advertisement
My hope is that Patterson wants to win a title and decides to go where he feels he can make it into the 4 team playoff without getting the shaft. Wait, that rules Miami out. :eek:(

We need a Gary Patterson-esque type of coach. One who not only is competent and brings an attitude and swagger that attracts young players (particularly SF players), but is not looking for the next "big" opportunity. They are rare, but if we find one, watch out! I don't pay enough attention to other programs to offer suggestions, but I've heard of coaches like Hudspeth who might fit that mold.

I've been on the Hudspeth train for quite some time now. I think he would do a pretty good job here.

You can really pick out the clueless posters in threads like these...

Orgeron? Tuberville? "Bringing the swagger back"

Christ almighty.

Advertisement
HC Candidates:
Butch Davis
Mario Cristobal
Rob Chudzinski
Tommy Tuberville
Greg Schiano
Ed Orgeron
Mike Shula
Charlie Strong