How about them Dolphins Great Win Today

They had a chance at the next great QB in Burrows but of course in typical Dolphin fashion they screwed up their draft position to win some meaningless games. LOL. Now we’re going to watch this kid become a great while we go fishing every year during the playoffs. But hey we’re Dolphin fans and the only thing important is getting a win on Sunday’s even if it hurts our future. I’ve been living this nightmare since Marino left. 😔
What are you talking about? Yesterday’s win did not affect our draft position. And you better believe if the number one pick was on the line that’s Cincy would have lost yesterday.

Advertisement
Wade was the 5th pick. And he’s not even on the team anymore. They are still winning because of development, coaching and culture.

The teams in the playoffs weren’t built with Top 3 picks.
The 49ers are the closest and they got their QB for a second-rounder.

The Dolphins have a high pick, plenty of draft capital and a coach. The season was a success.

Why can't people get this? There isn't a singular way to build a team yet people continue to dwell on taking a QB early equaling success.

I was at the Bucs game Sunday and when they showed the final score and highlights from Miami’s game on the jumbotron every cheered. I was confused af and asked my buddy why is everyone cheering for the dolphins. He said cause of Fitzpatrick 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
What are you talking about? Yesterday’s win did not affect our draft position. And you better believe if the number one pick was on the line that’s Cincy would have lost yesterday.

I'm talking about the whole year. :02.47-tranquillity:

Why can't people get this? There isn't a singular way to build a team yet people continue to dwell on taking a QB early equaling success.

Or you could hold the golden ticket (1st pick) and really help your team build by trading it for a bunch of picks. There's so much you can do with the first pick.

Or you could hold the golden ticket (1st pick) and really help your team build by trading it for a bunch of picks. There's so much you can do with the first pick.
While that's true, we do not have the #1 pick.

There's literally no need to continue harping on hypotheticals when we dont hold that positioning. It makes whomever discussing the issue sound bitter since we didn't lose enough.

Advertisement
While that's true, we do not have the #1 pick.

There's literally no need to continue harping on hypotheticals when we dont hold that positioning. It makes whomever discussing the issue sound bitter since we didn't lose enough.

Sorry was pointing out that the Dolphins could have had a golden ticket if they just used their heads and not their hearts. If we would have started Rosen (Yeah the guy they traded for to sit on the bench LOL) we would probably have lost all the games this year. But hey I'm used to this already with the Phins.

Sorry was pointing out that the Dolphins could have had a golden ticket if they just used their heads and not their hearts. If we would have started Rosen (Yeah the guy they traded for to sit on the bench LOL) we would probably have lost all the games this year. But hey I'm used to this already with the Phins.

I think you, and anyone else who shares that sentiment, are looking at it from a shorter scope. Using their heads is going to have them in contention within the next two years as opposed to another likely rebuild after a historically bad effort in Year 1 in which we have to overpay free agents in Year 2 to play for a rookie QB. Besides the Colts, who already had an established coach and front office after Manning left, you won't find any team recently who has followed a similar method and won.

Say we rolled with Rosen, who's to say
A. He doesn't progress throughout the season and we win 3-4 games?
B. Flores is still employed after a 1-15 or 2-14 season?
We'd have to go into another offseason playing catchup because we're searching for a new coach(es), and possibly a new GM, to install a new offense & defense while also banking the future of the team on a rookie QB.

Even if Flores were to stay after a horrible season, history proves that coaches who win between 0-3 games in their first year rarely if ever work out.

The "I'm used to this already" crowd are hilarious considering we havent been in a situation like this.

I think you, and anyone else who shares that sentiment, are looking at it from a shorter scope. Using their heads is going to have them in contention within the next two years as opposed to another likely rebuild after a historically bad effort in Year 1 in which we have to overpay free agents in Year 2 to play for a rookie QB. Besides the Colts, who already had an established coach and front office after Manning left, you won't find any team recently who has followed a similar method and won.

Say we rolled with Rosen, who's to say
A. He doesn't progress throughout the season and we win 3-4 games?
B. Flores is still employed after a 1-15 or 2-14 season?
We'd have to go into another offseason playing catchup because we're searching for a new coach(es), and possibly a new GM, to install a new offense & defense while also banking the future of the team on a rookie QB.

Even if Flores were to stay after a horrible season, history proves that coaches who win between 0-3 games in their first year rarely if ever work out.

The "I'm used to this already" crowd are hilarious considering we havent been in a situation like this.

Considering Ross agreed to the tanking idea you're wrong on that.

And yes we have been in this situation before. Do you remember Suck for Luck. How'd that work out. Not saying Luck would have been good for us but it sure would have been an upgrade. Also why trade Tunsil(Will be in the Pro Bowl) and Minka(I know he wanted out but we could have said no), Drake(who was arguably the best back in the League since being traded)? Sorry we were setting up to tank and could have done it perfectly. It's ok because now we can watch Fitzmagic another year with Gailey who we plucked from the retirement home. LOL (I actually Like Gailey's offense). Burrow is going to be an absolute stud. But if we end up taking Tua I will be happy.

Last edited:
Man those wins this year really meant so much to the Dolphins. We don't need this scrub when we got Fitzmagic.

LOL

Joe Burrow:

Most TD passes in a season (60)
Most TD Resp. For in a season (65)
Most TD RESP. For in BCS/CFP Title game (6)
Most Passing Yards in BCS/CFP Title Game (442)

SCRUB

Advertisement
Man those wins this year really meant so much to the Dolphins. We don't need this scrub when we got Fitzmagic.

LOL

Joe Burrow:

SCRUB

Tua healthy is considered the better pro prospect(generational talent) by most draft experts. Burrows knock is his arm strength, making throws from hash marks to hash mark. They want to see him make nfl throws and not have 5-8 seconds to throw the ball. Ken Dorsey has a similar supporting cast put up big numbers in a pro style offense and you see what kind of pro he turned out to be.

dolphins are in prime position to get tua so stop complaining.

LOL

Joe Burrow:

SCRUB

And before the season he was a 6th Round pick. The same people talking about Burrow now were saying "Tank for Tua."

Burrow deserves to be the top overall pick. But the draft is a crapshoot. There weren't any #1 overall QBs doing anything this year in the NFL. The top guys all went outside the Top 5.

The culture of the team is essential to any young NFL QB. And Flores is building a winning culture.

Dolphins need more than just a QB. Burrow is good, but I think a HEALTHY Tua is better with the right supporting cast. You guys have a great draft lined up. I hope for your sake they don’t try to move up cause they’re scared. But it’s the Dolphins so...

Advertisement
Tua healthy is considered the better pro prospect(generational talent) by most draft experts. Burrows knock is his arm strength, making throws from hash marks to hash mark. They want to see him make nfl throws and not have 5-8 seconds to throw the ball. Ken Dorsey has a similar supporting cast put up big numbers in a pro style offense and you see what kind of pro he turned out to be.

dolphins are in prime position to get tua so stop complaining.
'I would Love Tua and won't complain about that pick at all.

And before the season he was a 6th Round pick. The same people talking about Burrow now were saying "Tank for Tua."

Burrow deserves to be the top overall pick. But the draft is a crapshoot. There weren't any #1 overall QBs doing anything this year in the NFL. The top guys all went outside the Top 5.

The culture of the team is essential to any young NFL QB. And Flores is building a winning culture.

It's a business first and trading players like Minka and Tunsell while tanking was a great move. Only problem is they didn't tank and made some poor decisions. The Dolphins are not a QB away that's why holding that #1 pick could have been Gold and you could have traded it to get more picks and still got a QB. I love Flores but the organization is run by some real nitwits.

Dolphins need more than just a QB. Burrow is good, but I think a HEALTHY Tua is better with the right supporting cast. You guys have a great draft lined up. I hope for your sake they don’t try to move up cause they’re scared. But it’s the Dolphins so...
You just proved my point. The number 1 pick could have gotten us more picks and we could have still get a QB.

It's a business first and trading players like Minka and Tunsell while tanking was a great move. Only problem is they didn't tank and made some poor decisions. The Dolphins are not a QB away that's why holding that #1 pick could have been Gold and you could have traded it to get more picks and still got a QB. I love Flores but the organization is run by some real nitwits.

They did tank. The front office got rid of players so the team couldn't win many games. That's different than asking the coaches and players to intentionally lose games. That might be throwing a game and there may even be legal repercussions for that.

Advertisement
Back