houston cougars wish to play MIAMI

Advertisement
There's absolutely 0 incentive behind throwing these wannabe P5 programs a bone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's absolutely 0 incentive behind throwing these wannabe P5 programs a bone.

Yes there is. You don't think the App St games was a Net Positive for us?
I think we got quite a bit of good press. Sure we were put on "upset watch" but we took care of business.
Plus, financially it doesn't make as much sense for us to pay these crappy schools $500k+ to come to our stadium because we have to pay rent, and we don't generally have great attendance anyway.
So, all in all it makes sense. But it has to be the right teams...ideally in places that could help in recruiting. I think playing Houston would be great. Playing Toledo is *** anyway you look at it though.

Advertisement

Yes there is. You don't think the App St games was a Net Positive for us?
I think we got quite a bit of good press. Sure we were put on "upset watch" but we took care of business.
Plus, financially it doesn't make as much sense for us to pay these crappy schools $500k+ to come to our stadium because we have to pay rent, and we don't generally have great attendance anyway.
So, all in all it makes sense. But it has to be the right teams...ideally in places that could help in recruiting. I think playing Houston would be great. Playing Toledo is *** anyway you look at it though.
The only memorable press that came out of that game is the bs about the color guard and that should be enough for Miami to steer away from these types. We can just schedule a lowly P5 if money is the issue, no reason to play some of these app state type schools that want blood anyway they can get it.

Hahahahahahaha......at anyone believing that D'Onofrio would still be there by the time they could schedule us. He'll be corching at a Mexican bordertown YMCA within a year.

Some guys like to do mat drills with nothing but pasties and a g-string on.

I envy their naivete.

Advertisement
Do it, our September schedule is an embarrassment. we need teams like App st and Houston on the schedule at the same time instead of FAMU and FAU

Unless we play them in the next two years, we sadly won't see NoD...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm alllllll for across the board strong ooc schedules in college football (ESPECIALLY for a plethora of $EC schools) but the current playoff system also doesn't reward it. Until you go to an 8 team playoff where at large bids would be at play and overall strength of schedule actually would be a major factor then you're better off just trying to be undefeated if getting 1 of 4 slots is the goal.

Advertisement
Unless we play them in the next two years, we sadly won't see NoD...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The only way No D is still there by the time we play them is if they also hire Folden to protect him from getting fired.

The mere sight of all the speed we're amassing at the WR position may have Coach D'Onofrio invent a new defense where 3 Safeties play at least 30 yards from the LOS.

We'd be lucky to ever get the ball into the stands with that D he'd put against us.

This is assuming D'Onofrio is still there in 2018, right?

Advertisement

Helps recruiting in Texas. Rather play them than Arkansas State.

Hahahahahahaha......at anyone believing that D'Onofrio would still be there by the time they could schedule us. He'll be corching at a Mexican bordertown YMCA within a year.

According to CartelRidgeLaz Alberto Dorado and Dorito would kicking culo if they were down at the Juarez YMCA.

277bc2becf66b6bd15a7b3b86b1c087e.gif

What's that, he's doing his taxes on the sideline? Why all the paper work...maybe he was getting ready to fill out the unemployment compensation application.

I'd like to play them...I remember when they used to play us in the '60's and '70's...and beat us. I recall one game against them in the dome when we had a Kelly at QB and lost. QB was Kelly Cochrane.

Besides, Houston HS football was always been recognized as among the best (and maybe it still is), so if it helped us some with recruiting exposure, I wouldn't mind.

Advertisement
Back