HOT TAKES!!!!!! Irrefruitable info

Advertisement
If on a stretch play the backside defender is catching the running back why isn’t someone blocking him?

And if Knighton is running to the edge on a stretch play and getting tackled it’s probably because he’s being forced outside, caught from the backside, or instead of turning upfield he is misreading the blocks in front of him.

I’d be ready to pull Knighton’s scholie, but I’ve noticed he’s good at picking up the blitz (his one good quality). Might as well be a 140 pound fullback at this point. By far the slowest fast guy I’ve ever seen.

WR is no longer the worst unit on the team. I’m fact, they are nowhere near the worst. Below is the new rankings.

1. Kicking
1B. QB
3. WR
4. TE
5. DL
6. OL
Unranked - LB, DB, ST return game And RB

Couch is out best defensive player. Wondering if that is why Diaz doesn’t let him play at all (Manny Diaz is a ******).

Nests has quietly turned in a pretty decent year and made some big plays at times.

Harley deserves some credit. He flails around at times but he’s head and shoulders better than any WR on the team. He’d be good in a Kevin Beard type role.

Ahhhhhh it feels good to be Back

You want to pull a true freshman scholly in his 7 the game of the year? When he has zero spring practice.... yikes good luck

Advertisement
LB is clearly the worst position group. Yes, we only play 2, but do you ever see a LB make a play? There was a play last night where Jennings had a clear path to the ball carrier, as in no traffic or blocks to shed, over ran the gap (by miles), and essentially played contain like a DE on a play that was his to make.
Whether in the running or passing game we almost always get NOTHING from our LB'ers.
*Flagg has the potential to make routine plays, but is clearly limited.
*Brooks - looks like a guy learning to play the position at D-1. Tall order.
Brooks had a play last night wherein he was running away from Hockman who was running for a 1st down. And had already crossed the line of scrimmage. Our backers are not being coached well. Flagg just has more natural instincts despite the poor coaching.

Advertisement
Come on Knighton is a true freshman man this guy is going to be a star here. He is our version of travis etiene eventually.

I completely understand what you're saying about knighton. And I've been wanting to post that all season long but have kind of held back. he reminds me a little bit of Graig Cooper in that he looks like he should be really fast but doesn't actually move as fast as you would expect when running. It's not as extreme as cooper, but it's somewhat similar. Bottom line is that his speed on the field is not matching the hype we heard about.
Bingo, short fast steps just likew Cooper.

Advertisement
Is like just a little evidence of Knighton’s potential. Yeah he got the 75 yard TD against Louisville but how about anything else?

Advertisement
He's slow for sure. That must be why he ran a 4.5 laser in cleats 2 sizes too big...
Or why our coaches chose him for Kick Return...
Or why he's the only player we run Jet Sweeps with...
Or why our QB said that him and Harley are the fastest players on the team...
Or why he was the talk of the off-season and everybody at Hecht has said he was the "real deal".

Good observation OP.

PS - None of our RB's have been able to do much of anything lately.

Advertisement
Back