Hot Take: Redshirt all true freshmen in 2017

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only guys that should shirt are the ones that are tweeners or undersized and can't help on ST or are 4th on the chart.

Money half the class plays in '17 and they need to get experience as they will be getting major PT in '18 ESPECIALLY Donaldson, DJohnson, Garvin, Ford, Thomas, Bandy, Carter. I'd add at least one more on the OL once fall comes and we know who that 8-9th best kid is from the TF.

First we have to get to a position where we need/have to redshirt some better players because of the fact we have so much depth on the roster. Until we are 2-3 classes deep with talent like the 18 class appears to be - let them play. We could see a small class in 19 if 18 is as loaded as it appears to be. Not gonna be as many WRs or DBs that want to come in after this 18 class assuming they get on the field early unless we have final four results pretty quick. Hopefully we ball out and everybody wants to get on the party train.

ROKU... interesting thread... Good stuff.

First we have to get to a position where we need/have to redshirt some better players because of the fact we have so much depth on the roster. Until we are 2-3 classes deep with talent like the 18 class appears to be - let them play. We could see a small class in 19 if 18 is as loaded as it appears to be. Not gonna be as many WRs or DBs that want to come in after this 18 class assuming they get on the field early unless we have final four results pretty quick. Hopefully we ball out and everybody wants to get on the party train.

This covers about everything including being top 4... and adding winning NC 2018 maybe 2019. When we do, kids will come knowing they're redshirting.

Advertisement
QB and OL are the only positions need red shirting IMO. Maybe te if you already have the depth. If they are a stud they will be gone in 3 years anyway

Look at Lamar miller. We red shirted him and only got two years out if him cause he left as a rs soph.

Been waiting years for a regular rok feature segment, and needless to say, I'm not disappointed. Keep Hot Takes coming. This fan base needs educational segments like this. Maybe it'll keep us out of stupid offseason subjects like uniforms and music and focused more on chalkboard stuff. It'll keep us sharp for the season.

One of the things I like best about myself is that not only do I know what is best for everyone, I always make sure to come forward with this information. I do not passively sit by, doing nothing about the problems around me. As soon as I determine what is right for my community, state or country, I speak up about it, writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper or talking about it loudly at a local park.

I also know what is right for individuals. I recently informed Patti and Gus Schmidt that their son Steven was smoking pot, and I told them they should put a stop to it. The Schmidts are not perceptive, so they did not notice the warning signs of drug abuse. Fortunately, I am extremely perceptive and was able to intervene.

Tomorrow, I am going to write a letter to USA Today about the problem of international terrorism. That will solve this serious problem once and for all. Thank goodness for me.

I'm glad we redshirted guys like Shaq, Pinckney, and Richards. Because true freshmen can't make great plays

Reductio ad absurdum seems like it's almost contagious around here.

******* idiots can't make a real argument to save their lives

Well I believe the argument is clear. There's very likely some big plays within our freshmen class. To redshirt just because is basically moronic as you can get.

redshirting is not stupid at all. but to redshirt everyone is illogical. most freshman want at least a chance at some early PT and saying we would redshirt everyone would deter potential top recruits

not only that, but some freshman are good enough to play. if they can make the 2-3 deep then no sense in redshirting

Exactly...biggest thing nowadays with most recruits is early playing time.

How many of the incoming class alone has says I like Miami cause they play freshmen.

It gets out we are RS you if you come to Miami and we will quickly be back to the Shannon/Golden days of recruiting...

Advertisement
Rok still posts? Didn't he lose like 2 or 3 bets last season that were supposed to result in him no longer posting? Can't trust a man that lies on message boards.

I'm glad we redshirted guys like Shaq, Pinckney, and Richards. Because true freshmen can't make great plays

Reductio ad absurdum seems like it's almost contagious around here.

******* idiots can't make a real argument to save their lives

Well I believe the argument is clear. There's very likely some big plays within our freshmen class. To redshirt just because is basically moronic as you can get.

Who the fvck said anything like that in this thread?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back