Hot Take: Redshirt all true freshmen in 2017

Nope.

One of the greatest draws at UM now is the ability for true freshmen to compete to play their first year - and many have.

This makes for competition - not complacency. And a much better, more hungry team.

Advertisement
Been waiting years for a regular rok feature segment, and needless to say, I'm not disappointed. Keep Hot Takes coming. This fan base needs educational segments like this. Maybe it'll keep us out of stupid offseason subjects like uniforms and music and focused more on chalkboard stuff. It'll keep us sharp for the season.

LOL yes let's make sure Langham & Mayweather are on the field so we can keep Jeff Thomas & DJ Dallas off of it.

Reductio ad absurdum is a sign of mental and logical weakness.

Help is available.

mpNyX.gif

I'm asking for Caneshades radio to come back. I will never again disparage any fan content.

I wish [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] had a pordcast or youtube channel.

We are a sleeping giant!

LOL yes let's make sure Langham & Mayweather are on the field so we can keep Jeff Thomas & DJ Dallas off of it.

And Malik Rosier and Jahir Jones play while N"Kosi Perry and Navaughn Donaldsan sit. (Jeezus fuccin christ)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree...

I would also take it a step further & say, if you haven't been on the team for at least 3 years then you shouldn't even be able to suit up on Saturdays...

I want a squad full of 5th & 6th year Seniors out there getting it done, that's how you win Championships.

You can never have too much experience.

Good stuff Rok.

Concur, if the red shirt player is any good, other than injury, he will not stay five years but move onto the league in most cases.

I agree...

I would also take it a step further & say, if you haven't been on the team for at least 3 years then you shouldn't even be able to suit up on Saturdays...

I want a squad full of 5th & 6th year Seniors out there getting it done, that's how you win Championships.

Good stuff Rok.

Concur, if the red shirt player is any good, other than injury, he will not stay five years but move onto the league in most cases.
Which is why I'm in favor of a new rule called... Triple Redshirting, or "Blue" Shirting.

If a recruit is a 4 or 5-star, he should automatically be Blueshirted & forced to sit for 3 years minimum, need to keep that talent in the program for as long as possible in order to win.

Plus, it's very difficult for Freshmans to play right away, need to sit & learn for a few years before they even get to suit up.

Equipment & jersey numbers need to be earned not given.

I agree...

Good stuff Rok.

Which is why I'm in favor of a new rule called... Triple Redshirting, or "Blue" Shirting.

If a recruit is a 4 or 5-star, he should automatically be Blueshirted & forced to sit for 3 years minimum, need to keep that talent in the program for as long as possible in order to win.

Plus, it's very difficult for Freshmans to play right away, need to sit & learn for a few years before they even get to suit up.

Maybe even institute a mandatory year of prep school before enrolling. Almost like a minor league system to help them prepare for their redshirt year with us.

I agree...

Good stuff Rok.

Maybe even institute a mandatory year of prep school before enrolling. Almost like a minor league system to help them prepare for their redshirt year with us.
Fantastic idea.

Advertisement
I'm just going to say it. Nobody under 30 should be suiting up for college football.

I'm just going to say it. Nobody under 30 should be suiting up for college football.

Except for DJ Williams.

John Madden said DJ is the only man that could play in the NFL out of HS.

That was back then the NFL was a man's trade.

Except for DJ Williams.

John Madden said DJ is the only man that could play in the NFL out of HS.

That was back then the NFL was a man's trade.

DJ would technically be skipping college so the under 30 rule still applies.

Just think. After waiting until 30 and taking my mandatory blue shirt, I could still be a 7th year senior!

Advertisement
If they can contribute meaningful snaps and production let em play. If not - shirt em. Too many players have been misused over the years.

GuYs like Lingard and company ain't coming to f***ing redshirt. They coming to play if they are good enough. Redshirting all incoming freshmen would be great for FSU, Florida etc. because it would destroy Miami's recruiting. Hot Take threads in the off season good if there is something at least luke warm to talk about.

Advertisement
Been waiting years for a regular rok feature segment, and needless to say, I'm not disappointed. Keep Hot Takes coming. This fan base needs educational segments like this. Maybe it'll keep us out of stupid offseason subjects like uniforms and music and focused more on chalkboard stuff. It'll keep us sharp for the season.

You forgot the infamous ..."We should have our own stadium"...segment, also.

I agree...

Good stuff Rok.

Fantastic idea.

LMFAO... I likes that idea, Blueshirt, THEN Redshirt, Wait 1 more year .....VOILA you're a starter/ contributor!! GOT IT

Advertisement
Back