Hot Take: Nick Linder will start at center in 2017

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Here's why:

Susan Miller Degnan‏Verified account @smillerdegnan Apr 22

C Tyler Gauthier has had his share of high snaps

Advertisement
More reasons:

Richt didn't seem completely sold on Darling at LG, a position that Gauthier has started at the last four games.

Linder has 25 starts under his belt. You can't take that kind of stat for granted.

More reasons:

Richt didn't seem completely sold on Darling at LG, a position that Gauthier has started at the last four games.

Linder has 25 starts under his belt. You can't take that kind of stat for granted.
Well how many starts has Darling had?

Hotter take: I wouldn't be shocked if Gaynor starts at center with Gauthier at guard.

Advertisement
More reasons:

Well how many starts has Darling had?

Darling has 27 starts but has been beat just as many, if not more times than Linder.

He's probably been playing out of position but he hasn't solidified himself at any one position.

Hotter take: I wouldn't be shocked if Gaynor starts at center with Gauthier at guard.

Now that's something worth watching right there. Should be some good competition this summer:

Linder vs Gaynor at center

Gauthier vs Darling at left guard

St. Louis vs Odogwu at right tackle

Love Hot Take.

High Snaps is all the more reason to start Perry. He's taller than Rosier.

Here's a Tepid Take: Gaynor starts at Center before Linder does. Gauthier is starting somewhere.

Advertisement
Nick Linder is the worst lineman o the team I'm sorry to say but he is not physically capable of holding up at the line of scrimmage constantly getting beat like a drum by interior d line man I hope he plays as little as possible.

Put Gaynor at guard.

No reason to start true freshman at center especially with rookie QB.

Advertisement
Do we know if Donaldson got a look at LG?

Perhaps if Odogwu comes on strong they can kick St. Louis inside and move Donaldson to LG.

Advertisement
Why doesn't Darling get a shot at RT? It makes the most sense.

St. Louis is starting to look good at RT, I don't think they want to disrupt that.

IMO St. Louis was looking good at RT in those last 4 or 5 games where he started. Are you suggesting he's taking further steps forward? I'd love to see those Tackle spots solidified in Fall so we can sort out the the interior line. I like Odogwu and we know Darling can at least do a job at LT, and Donaldson can probably be emergency depth.

Good news is that Gauthier is versatile and still improving. I would not mind a healthy Linder starting the first few games knowing that Gauthier and maybe even Gaynor can come in and take his lunch if he slacks.

Love Hot Take.

High Snaps is all the more reason to start Perry. He's taller than Rosier.

Here's a Tepid Take: Gaynor starts at Center before Linder does. Gauthier is starting somewhere.

But not as tall as Shirreffs... D'OH!

Advertisement
Back