Hot Take: Nick Linder will start at center in 2017

Hotter take: I wouldn't be shocked if Gaynor starts at center with Gauthier at guard.

I liked Gauthier at guard last year. The ol got better when he moved in and KC moved outside.

Keep Linder out of the lineup. For good.

Advertisement
If Linder can have an Alex Gall type of senior season I think we'd all be happy with that.

Like EReed said, if (big if - admittedly) he earns the job and plays poorly then you can insert Gauthier or Gaynor and shuffle accordingly.

A freshman C and a freshman QB. Although I am a huge fan of Perry and Gaynor, not sure Richt would go there.

More reasons:

Richt didn't seem completely sold on Darling at LG, a position that Gauthier has started at the last four games.

Linder has 25 starts under his belt. You can't take that kind of stat for granted.

Lender is just not strong enough. There's nothing nobody can do about that

Hotter take: I wouldn't be shocked if Gaynor starts at center with Gauthier at guard.

Isnt Center much tougher to play than Guard? If that is true, then why wouldnt Gaynor be the G and Gauthier the C?

Advertisement
Hot Take is pushing The Work for the best thread series on CIS. Pete had best keep his head on a swivel.

My only concern with Gaynor is his weight. He has the dog in him but is he physically ready?

Advertisement
Hot Take:

Start all four seniors this year. We've invested a lot of time into them and they have a million combined starts.

However, their backups would play a lot of snaps in this scenario. Like a 70/30 split.

LT McDermott -- Donaldson

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Linder -- Gaynor

RG Gauthier -- Hillery

RT Odogwu -- St. Louis

Banish these folks into bolivian:

Brown, Milo, Mahoney, Johnson, Jones, Dykstra,

Hot Take:

Start all four seniors this year. We've invested a lot of time into them and they have a million combined starts.

However, their backups would play a lot of snaps in this scenario. Like a 70/30 split.

LT McDermott -- Donaldson

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Linder -- Gaynor

RG Gauthier -- Hillery

RT Odogwu -- St. Louis

Banish these folks into bolivian:

Brown, Milo, Mahoney, Johnson, Jones, Dykstra,

I think it's a bit early to write off Brown, Johnson, and Dykstra. The other three will probably never contribute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back