Hope this paragraph ends all Mike Leach talk forever.

Advertisement
Year 7 at WSU and he might finally have a ranked team at the end of the year huh? Someone send this to Blake immediately.

And Richt had us at number 2 this time last year. I like to see some consistency as opposed to having a bright point and hanging onto that.

I think Kyle is hitting on the crux of the issue here. The Overlords at UM will always require that any program-head be a good face for the university from a PR and ethics standpoint. Winning football games is secondary to their goals.
Absolutely... we're racking our brains about restoring the U and the "Overlords" took the U and added Health to it and don't give a **** about X's and O's. We are screwed until 2023... the Shalala legacy lives.

This site and their obsession with this loser coach. I get that he looks like most of you guys fat, ugly, sloppy, looks like he stinks and like to air it out but get real. At least think of a good coach to hire, this bum has not won anything.

Advertisement
Some folks will just criticize him and toss around invalid condemnations without ever watching WSU or Texas Tech. His coaching tree is wide and quite successful. He seems to have found a QB every year wherever. Richt can't find one to save his ***. This year's edition of QB under Leach, Gardner Minshew II, only leads the NCAA nation in every QB stat possible. A Grad Transfer who was going to head for Alabama to learn coaching to prepare for the future career.
He must suck with these stats;
70% completion
3852 yds
29 TDs
7 Ints
QB rating 147.1

he transferred from ECU. Recruited by Leach in a phone call in which asked Minshew if he would like to come out to WSU and lead the nation in passing. Not a bad pitch.

BTW WSU is 9 -1 and only loss on the road to USC and were screwed by refs in that one.

BTW, None other than Bill Belechick journeys out to WSU to pick Mike's brain.

Never mind.
Money post. I would take him in a second over Richt.

Win and the recruits will come. Leach would win and win big at Miami.

He's doing great this season at Washington State. Just imagine him at a marque program.

Can we finally end the knee jerk lovefest with him?

All this talk about him with elite South Florida athletes will never happen because he won’t have any:

Mike Leach didn’t fight hard to recruit at Texas Tech and has never made it a major component of his formula for success, which is perhaps a part of the reason why some of his successors have had more success. Leach has always had better things to do (in his estimation) than try to ingratiate himself with teenage boys and their families. Like learning about history or drawing up a new way to run a passing concept on a diner napkin."

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/10/6/16431828/the-mike-leach-coaching-tree-washington-state

No matter what, it would been a good run and fear would've been instilled back in college football, that's for sure. The pirate can coach at Miami anyday in my book!

Advertisement
Or, an I'm just spitballing here...you hire a guy to be an actual HC and let him hire some coordinators. I think we've all lost sight of the fact that the HCs job isn't to make a great O or D, it's to run the show. If he can do that and he's an X/Os guy, great. But job 1 is to be the guy in charge, the guy that kids want to play for, that moms want coaching their sons, that rich guys want to give money to.

Richt's failing isn't sucking as a play caller, it's not realizing that he sucks as a play caller. Let's hire based on what we need long-term, not just to fix one current problem.
I think in a perfect world that’s what you have. Then again, is there only one proven formula for success? What if Leach or
Saban wants to call some plays? Saban does occasionally for Bamas defense after all.

Have you seen our current recruiting class? Or should I say, our current decommitment class? Win and they will come. Bring me the pirate.

/will never happen for the reasons raised by Kyle and SFBay.

We won 10 games last year and beat Notre Dame on Game Day. Eventually you lose and recruiting drops.

Advertisement
I think Kyle is hitting on the crux of the issue here. The Overlords at UM will always require that any program-head be a good face for the university from a PR and ethics standpoint. Winning football games is secondary to their goals.

And that’s why we fcking suck

I think in a perfect world that’s what you have. Then again, is there only one proven formula for success? What if Leach or
Saban wants to call some plays? Saban does occasionally for Bamas defense after all.

You're right, there are different ways to be successful. I'm just saying I think there's a model that works and that model involves the HC being a great evaluator of payer/coaching talent, good delegator, and a bit of a salesman to work the donors. If he's a good play caller or has an innovative system on Offense or defense, that's a bonus. But if you go with a guy who's great on game day but not so much everywhere else you'll suffer for it.

My worry with a guy like Leach is that we become Washington St...we're full of 3* guys (because he can't be bothered/isn't able to pull the higher talent guys) and we win a lot of games but never seem to get over the hump.

Last time around I was ok with bringing in a guy to make us good and set up the guy who'd make us great. This time not so much. I want to swing for the fences from here on out. Let's go after guys we truly believe have all the attributes to take us to the top. If that guy flames out, then he's no worse than these other guys we've hired.

I Think Leach would be a great OC, but not a great HC.

STILL has never won a conference division/championship. And when they lose to Washington that will still be the case. Just think about that .....all the years of being a HC he has never won a division. And dont think just cause he is at Miami that kids will come. You wont get any top rated RB or OL. Most WRs know its a gimmick O and wont get them ready for NFL.

lol and this current o is getting guys ready for the nfl??

Advertisement
lol and this current o is getting guys ready for the nfl??

Pretty sure no where in my post I said that. Talking about what Leach would not bring compared to some other/better qualified/actually won something coaches out there

For what its worth, Leach stated in his book that he would always take a 3 star kid that wanted to be at Texas Tech and work hard over flying across the country to beg some 5 star who probably won't come. Like someone said above me, that is exactly what some Miami fans want, they don't want us passing on 3 star South Florida players.

I'm just stating that is how Leach operates, whether that's a good or bad philosophy who really knows, but he has put plenty of good athletes in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back