Hope this paragraph ends all Mike Leach talk forever.

Go Canes!!

Leading the charge
Premium
Can we finally end the knee jerk lovefest with him?

All this talk about him with elite South Florida athletes will never happen because he won’t have any:

Mike Leach didn’t fight hard to recruit at Texas Tech and has never made it a major component of his formula for success, which is perhaps a part of the reason why some of his successors have had more success. Leach has always had better things to do (in his estimation) than try to ingratiate himself with teenage boys and their families. Like learning about history or drawing up a new way to run a passing concept on a diner napkin."

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/10/6/16431828/the-mike-leach-coaching-tree-washington-state

Advertisement
Job has been open 3 times since his time at Texas Tech. I'm sure his agent reached out to Miami to express interest in the job every time. I highly doubt the powers that be would let him be the face of our program. Smart guy, but it isn't meant to happen.

Advertisement
Can we finally end the knee jerk lovefest with him?

All this talk about him with elite South Florida athletes will never happen because he won’t have any:

Mike Leach didn’t fight hard to recruit at Texas Tech and has never made it a major component of his formula for success, which is perhaps a part of the reason why some of his successors have had more success. Leach has always had better things to do (in his estimation) than try to ingratiate himself with teenage boys and their families. Like learning about history or drawing up a new way to run a passing concept on a diner napkin."

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/10/6/16431828/the-mike-leach-coaching-tree-washington-state

That's just not true. Tuberville and Kingsbury have much lower winning percentages then Leach. Leach has the best winning % of any coach at Texas Tech since 1940

Advertisement
Isn't OP a member of the last group of re-tards still defending Richt? I'm not even on the Leach wagon but at this point, he's better than your fraudulent savior.

No. I’m in the middle. Not ready for him to be fired but feel he has to make major coaching changes, including removing himself as OC.

Last edited:
Job has been open 3 times since his time at Texas Tech. I'm sure his agent reached out to Miami to express interest in the job every time. I highly doubt the powers that be would let him be the face of our program. Smart guy, but it isn't meant to happen.

I think Kyle is hitting on the crux of the issue here. The Overlords at UM will always require that any program-head be a good face for the university from a PR and ethics standpoint. Winning football games is secondary to their goals.

Advertisement
The face of a man who doesn't care what you think OP

mike-leach-mustache.jpg

Some folks will just criticize him and toss around invalid condemnations without ever watching WSU or Texas Tech. His coaching tree is wide and quite successful. He seems to have found a QB every year wherever. Richt can't find one to save his ***. This year's edition of QB under Leach, Gardner Minshew II, only leads the NCAA nation in every QB stat possible. A Grad Transfer who was going to head for Alabama to learn coaching to prepare for the future career.
He must suck with these stats;
70% completion
3852 yds
29 TDs
7 Ints
QB rating 147.1

he transferred from ECU. Recruited by Leach in a phone call in which asked Minshew if he would like to come out to WSU and lead the nation in passing. Not a bad pitch.

BTW WSU is 9 -1 and only loss on the road to USC and were screwed by refs in that one.

BTW, None other than Bill Belechick journeys out to WSU to pick Mike's brain.

Never mind.

When Miami is winning recruiting is easy. You would be hard pressed to convince me we would not have a better record and recruiting class with Leach at the helm.

How do we know that anymore? Miami has lost 3+ games for 15 straight years. We don't know that recruiting will ever be like it was a generation ago.

Advertisement
Some folks will just criticize him and toss around invalid condemnations without ever watching WSU or Texas Tech. His coaching tree is wide and quite successful. He seems to have found a QB every year wherever. Richt can't find one to save his ***. This year's edition of QB under Leach, Gardner Minshew II, only leads the NCAA nation in every QB stat possible. A Grad Transfer who was going to head for Alabama to learn coaching to prepare for the future career.
He must suck with these stats;
70% completion
3852 yds
29 TDs
7 Ints
QB rating 147.1

he transferred from ECU.

BTW WSU is 9 -1 and only loss on the road to USC and were screwed by refs in that one.

Never mind.

Not saying no to Leach as a yes to Richt.

Those are great stats but he was also under .500 after six seasons at WSU. He’s 1-3 in bowl games including a shellacking by a putrid Michigan offense last year 42-17 and scoring 12 points against Minnesota the year before.

Have you seen our current recruiting class? Or should I say, our current decommitment class? Win and they will come. Bring me the pirate.

/will never happen for the reasons raised by Kyle and SFBay.

Advertisement
Back