Honestly, what are the chances GameDay Crew comes for VT?

Yes, got to focus on UNC this week, VT has Duke at Lane for a night game. Not liking Dukes chances.

So if both teams win next weekend, have a #6- #5th ranked Canes team vs a potential Top 10 VT team.

I think a lot of people are noticing how loud Hard Rock is getting and how much the fans are getting serious again, Hard Rock was LOUD yesterday. It's music to my ears.

What's the chances GameDay crew comes? I'm flying in from TN for the game.

Other candidates for GameDay that week

- Bama vs LSU
- Oklahoma vs OK St
- Penn St vs Michigan St
- Clemson vs NCST

Actually you don’t need to focus on UNC at all this week. You don’t play or coach and you have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Go ahead and talk about whichever game you like.

Advertisement
Have Gameday on Campus. Problem solved. Doubt it happens though.

This is the solution but I have to wonder if ESPiN wants to set up on campus, then break it all down and move it to the stadium.

Why would they break it down to move it to the stadium? Gameday is at 9am-12pm.

But they also broadcast from the stadium after the game. And at halftime, I believe. But they do move the set from the parking lot to the inside corner of the stadium during mid-day. In our case, we would be asking them to set up on campus then move across town to the stadium. Its not a hugely unreasonable ask, but it IS an ask.

Is that accurate? I had no idea they even did that. Interesting.

I do not believe that is accurate at all. I don’t ever recall seeing that except for maybe the BCS/CFP games.

But they also broadcast from the stadium after the game. And at halftime, I believe. But they do move the set from the parking lot to the inside corner of the stadium during mid-day. In our case, we would be asking them to set up on campus then move across town to the stadium. Its not a hugely unreasonable ask, but it IS an ask.

Not accurate. Only 9-12. ND weekend is a real possibility if both teams keep winning. On campus

My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure Gameday crew is done at 12pm.

Done at Noon, no set change. GT was WAY closer to happening then people realize. Trust me on this one... Take care of business and It will happen for ND

This is the solution but I have to wonder if ESPiN wants to set up on campus, then break it all down and move it to the stadium.

I do not believe that is accurate at all. I don’t ever recall seeing that except for maybe the BCS/CFP games.

Then I stand corrected.

Perhaps it is only for the post season games.

If I was the producer I would have Gameday setup on South Beach. There is no need to do so at the stadium.

And that's WHY Gameday doesn't want to come here. You can't do it on campus(most of the kids won't give a crap, and I doubt people will want to come out to stand around, this isn't hickville) , there's no point in doing it at the stadium. The whole point of Gameday is to emphasize what makes college football special. Holding an event on South Beach, when it isn't a national title situation is a bit stupid.

Advertisement
Notre Dame being here makes the VT game 0%. If both schools win this week and next. 99% gameday is here on 11/11.

Notre Dame being here makes the VT game 0%. If both schools win this week and next. 99% gameday is here on 11/11.

Yeap. "Catholics v Convicts" will be irresistibly if both teams keep winning. It would be a extra playoff game with ratings better than last year's actual Championship Game. Nobody draws like us and the the frigging Irish. Together, fogetaboutit.

Gameday used to stay put from morning until the end of the game and then go back on the air. This all changed when ABC started their 8pm prime time game. Kirk now sometimes flies to other locations or is inside to call the game. I believe that is when they changed the format of going back live post game.

Advertisement

Yeap. "Catholics v Convicts" will be irresistibly if both teams keep winning. It would be a extra playoff game with ratings better than last year's actual Championship Game. Nobody draws like us and the the frigging Irish. Together, fogetaboutit.
Probably see a replay of the convicts vs. Catholics special sometime in the week prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Probably see a replay of the convicts vs. Catholics special sometime in the week prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back