Honestly, what are the chances GameDay Crew comes for VT?

Two things stopping them:

- We haven't done well in getting crowds to show up for Game Day in the past (small student body, stadium off campus, etc)
- If we beat VT, the next week of Miami vs ND (assuming they dont lose before then) would be a much bigger draw with 2 highly ranked teams and the history of the series and there is no way they would do 2 weeks in a row at the same place.

Helping us:

- The game is at 8PM, so students would potentially go to Game Day and still have plenty of time to get to the stadium and tailgate.
- They haven't gone to Miami in a long time, so there would probably be a good amount of enthusiasm to show up

If we win our next two games and ND does the same it sets up a HUGE match up, one that will put butts in the seats and would justify a Game Day set up. To echo a earlier post in this thread, having a game day set up is a huge commercial for the school and the team and we would be crazy not to want it.

Advertisement
If we beat VT, the next week of Miami vs ND (assuming they dont lose before then) would be a much bigger draw with 2 highly ranked teams and the history of the series and there is no way they would do 2 weeks in a row at the same place

They'd probably much rather go to Miami/VT than hope Miami wins and wait it out for ND.

ND week you have TCU @ Oklahoma, Michigan State @ Ohio State and Georgia @ Auburn all to pick from.

If they do come, does that mean ESPN is okay again? What if some of the analyst on the show pick against us that day? Does that mean they aren't good again? I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time understanding what our stance is with ESPN.

They aren't coming for VT, but a top 10 us and the Notrelames, that would be a hard pass for them.

Why people care if Gameday comes: It adds to the spectacle. It makes the big game an even bigger event with lots of talk and hype. Any program wants the show, we're no different no matter your feelings on ESPN.

Thinking Bama and LSU would have to turn them away first. Never known ESPN to give up a chance to play with themselves to the thought of a mediocre SEC football game

Advertisement
Have Gameday on Campus. Problem solved. Doubt it happens though.

Great game day memory .
Swamp 2005?

The stadium emptied out in the 3rd quarter. Thousands of drunk girls crying .
During the post game recap there wasn't a gator to be found. Only canes. Felt like we took that campus over .
Good drunken time.
Anybody else there?

Huh? Sure u don't mean 02?

All i know is that the stadium will be as loud as its ever been for ND and VT, people from miami want to see the best games and those teams will draw a huge crowd. I remember a few years back sitting in the upper deck having the entire section to myself now its packed for GT. Tides changing and as i expect us not to sell out the toledos, BC, syracuse, GTs of the world; we will be LOUD for the VTs and NDs. We havent haf a big game at home so far this year.

Advertisement
I don't want them at the VT game, that's the most important game up to that point if we beat UNC. We could be playing VT to win the division.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
First off, if both of us win out, expect the shelleighigh suckers to jump ND in front of us off of the fact that they’re the Domers.

Haven’t bothered to watch “gameday” in years, decades actualky. I could care less if they show up and corso puts on a turkey head.

Advertisement
Gameday will probably never come here. We don't have the atmosphere they are looking for. They'd have to hold it on campus with a big question mark of how many would show up. It is what it is. In the big picture, who cares? They can still give us the prime time slot and do gameday elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back