Honest Question For The Board…

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
…how can Mario see the incredibly efficient and high-powered offenses at TN, Baga, Taint, USC, etc., and still prefer to run the plodding offense that he’s preferred over his career as a HC?

…and to those that say that he has no choice because of injuries. He was running the same bullshyt offense even before all of the injuries. Gattis might be the play caller, but he’s running Mario’s preferred scheme.

Advertisement
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Its his philosphy. He wants to be tuff n fizikal.. He wants to run head first thru a wall, thats how he believes you have to win.. He sees high powered offenses as weakness and doesnt think its how you win..

He would have to change his entire DNA that he feels has gotten him where he is.. Lets see if he adapts.. lol

Advertisement
When he signed Gattis I'm sure he thought it would look similar to ALA. I don't think he took into account the difference in personnel. I see the jokes but I don't see him wanting an offense that can barely crack 20 points. That doesn't benefit anyone and it's not conducive to winning.

Last edited:
gattis' offense at michigan was way more efficient than what we're seeing. **** he won the broyles award and that is a big deal, regardless of what people may say. Nobody saw this collapse from gattis i'm sure, mario included. he'll be let go in the offseason and we'll move on from there. doing it midseason doesn't benefit the team at all. we'll have to hope that we win because of the bro's and not the x's and o's the rest of the season

Advertisement
When he signed Gattis in sure he thought it would look similar to ALA. I don't think he took into account the difference in personnel. I see the jokes but I don't see him wanting an offense that can barely crack 20 points. That doesn't benefit anyone and it's not conducive to winning.
So how does it explain his Oregon offenses reaching 40+ points only 7 times during his tenure there?

Dan Lanning and his OC have already put up 40+ points 7 times with the same players, and in the same conference.

Mario Ball is physical, grind the opponent down type of football. He’s a dinosaur in an era of wide open schemes, and OC’s that know how to scheme their guys open for big plays.

Last edited:
gattis' offense at michigan was way more efficient than what we're seeing. **** he won the broyles award and that is a big deal, regardless of what people may say. Nobody saw this collapse from gattis i'm sure, mario included. he'll be let go in the offseason and we'll move on from there. doing it midseason doesn't benefit the team at all. we'll have to hope that we win because of the bro's and not the x's and o's the rest of the season
He was not the main play caller last season at Michigan. That has already been discussed ad-nauseam here on this board.

....He would have to change his entire DNA that he feels has gotten him where he is.. Lets see if he adapts.. lol
Where he is? Where is that exactly? I mean compared to the guys with national titles and super bowl rings who do it differently.

Because he knows that his style works, the catch is that he needs his players and he won't have that for 2-3 years. He did allow the offense to open up for a couple games so it's reasonable to assume he is willing to dip a toe into a more spread style. You would also have to ask yourself, how much of the playbook does Garcia know? I would assume he is up to speed, but those were some basic *** routes they were running today.

Advertisement
So how does it explain his Oregon offenses only reaching 40+ points during his tenure there?

Dan Lanning and his OC have already put up 40+ points with the same players, and in the same conference.

Mario Ball is physical, grind the opponent down type of football. He’s a dinosaur in an era of wide open schemes, and OC’s that know how to scheme their guys open for big plays.
If this is true the next 4-6 years will be a sight for sore eyes. If he retains Gattis at the end of season writing is on the wall. We've had stubborn coaches before but what you want me to believe is he is an idiot. I'll hold out hope as long as I can.

Oregon offense this year versus last is a full 11 point difference. Largely the same team just different coaches. You do the math.

This offense isn't what Mario wants, but it'll never be what most of us want either.

Gattis needs to go. No more perfect example than the last series in regulation. Receiver on an island at the bottom of the screen, slot receiver moves over into the box and we run it up the middle. He runs a short post there's no inside help or anything, it's as sure of a TD as you will ever see, game over.

Advertisement
If this is true the next 4-6 years will be a sight for sore eyes. If he retains Gattis at the end of season writing is on the wall. We've had stubborn coaches before but what you want me to believe is he is an idiot. I'll hold out hope as long as I can.
I understand your point of view. But we’ve seen multiple stubborn idiots come through as HC in these parts.

Clappy with his refusal to let Berlin play out of the shotgun exclusively. Golden with his dumb blind loyalty to Dorito, Richt with his refusal to hire a real QB coach and a modern OC, Manny with his refusal to hire a DC that would run his own defensive scheme.

There have been plenty of idiots around these parts. He would be the next one in a long line.

Last edited:
I understand your point of view. But we’ve seen multiple stubborn idiots can me through as HC in these parts.

Clappy with his refusal to let Berlin play out of the shotgun exclusively. Golden with his dumb blind loyalty to Dorito, Richt with his refusal to hire a real QB coach and a modern OC, Manny with his refusal to hire a DC that would run his own defensive scheme.

There have been plenty of idiots around these parts. He would be the next one in a long line.
None of them were paid to turn us into a contender. We were told over and over we had competency and infrastructure installed. If any of that is true Mario won't have the option to fúck this up.

None of them were paid to turn us into a contender. We were told over and over we had competency and infrastructure installed. If any of that is true Mario won't have the option to fúck this up.
You underestimate the human ego. It’s been the downfall of many coaches.

Advertisement
Back