Homer

Play him where he will make an impact, be that on defense or at running back. If he's one of the top 22 then get him on the field.

What would Jimmy do? You know the answer already. If Sapp could come in, for Dennis, as one of the better tight ends in FL high school ball and leave Miami as a DT on a journey to the NFL Hall Of Fame, then Homer might be our next great cornerback.
Throw him out there, let's see what he can do.

Advertisement
You guys are crazy the guy is the best back we have. He will get some major carries next year. He's a true freshman for all those saying "why hasn't he passed the other 2" the FAMU game when he came in you could immediately see a burst difference he looked great in that drive before he fumbled in the redzone

Advertisement
You guys are crazy the guy is the best back we have. He will get some major carries next year. He's a true freshman for all those saying "why hasn't he passed the other 2" the FAMU game when he came in you could immediately see a burst difference he looked great in that drive before he fumbled in the redzone

I never understood the homer hype at RB. To me, he was a good RB prospect in HS, nothing more. Despite his purported speed, he didn't pop off the screen like I was expecting. That said, I am surprised he's barely sniffed the field at RB even during garbage time. I'd like to see him get a few more carries to see what he can do.

Corn was a RB in high school as well. He played CB, but was mainly a RB who ran for 2000+ yards his Sr year.

People thought ST26 was gonna be a RB, had Portis shook. Don't think Homer to DB is a bad move if we can sure up the RB position with the 17' class.

Advertisement
I'd let him tote the rock. With an inept offense like ours, you need a homerun hitter who might get you a 70 yard TD.

This contradicts the whole thought of a running back in the first place. If he is in fact our best option then why would he not already be playing? Would he be less effective with a line that can block?

Dyril McMillan was playing ahead of Edgerrin James. Sometimes coaches make mistakes. I'd give the young man a shot and see what he can do.

That's right Ibis, I totally forgot about that I'm getting old LOL !! Absolutely give the kid a shot because he definitely looks like a burner

I was going to post about Homer last week. Since we are burning his shirt on special teams, why not try him in the slot as a temporary replacement for Bruce. He has the speed just not sure about hands and routes.

This isn't a Madden playstation game, where you ignore the default depth chart and sub in a 3rd string RB cause he has a 98 speed rating. Sometimes the better players don't play right away. There's other aspects involved in football than just being good at running the rock. There's at least 3 guys in front of him who are older, more developed and know the whole playbook.

Would be interesting at S in Diaz's system. Already shows a willingness to fill and tackle.

Advertisement
This isn't a Madden playstation game, where you ignore the default depth chart and sub in a 3rd string RB cause he has a 98 speed rating. Sometimes the better players don't play right away. There's other aspects involved in football than just being good at running the rock. There's at least 3 guys in front of him who are older, more developed and know the whole playbook.

chances are as a freshmen hes not going to very good at picking up the blitz either

This times 1000. He will see the field more next year. Hasn't even had a shot running the ball at UM yet.

Advertisement
If we're willing to give Trayone Gray 3 years at RB I think Homer deserves at least a full season before conversations start about him changing positions.

Whether it's a good idea or not, even if it happens, remains to be seen.

I do know one thing. If I were him, and I was being smart about a possible career in the NFL, and I thought I had the skill and physical traits to be a good DB, I'd be screaming to go to the other side of the ball.

Good DB's are getting drafted and paid in the NFL at a significantly higher rate than RB's - and there is no question about that. RB's have been devalued for years in the NFL. Look at the draft and their paychecks.

If he can be good there, there's no question that's the better move - for him.

Some people *****ed about Elder playing D. Would love to see Homer out there as a DB. Safety or corner. Hes a guy thats going to make plays wherever you put him.

Advertisement
Back