Homer

QSTOKES

Sophomore
Although Homer was a highly-regarded four-star running back (10th in the 247Composite and 6th by 247Sports) out of Oxbridge Academy, he has impressed defensive coordinator Manny Diaz with what he has seen from him on special teams with his tackling ability and he could be an option to switch to the defensive side of the ball.

“Down the road you never know,” Diaz said. “You want him to get a crack on what he came here recruiting-wise, but certainly he has established himself as a really good football player. If we were just playing (a pick-up game) where you had an all-time quarterback where you go out for passes you would want him on your team whatever you asked him to do.”

Miami Hurricanes Freshman RB Travis Homer Impressing on Special Teams

Advertisement
if he was a good RB i think he would be gettin some carries by now even behind one of the worst OL in the country...

i like his speed doe.. home run hitter

If he has the hips for it I'd be down with a move to CB.

Depends on what we get at RB this cycle (McFadden, etc)

Move Walton to CB before moving Homer imo. We already know what we have in Walton at RB (and are not impressed).

I was thinking that after seeing him early in the season on special teams that they should try him at DB. He looks more like a DB than a RB the way he is built.

Advertisement
I like Homer, but think he's getting over-hyped without seeing what he can do yet.

But I've got no faith in the coaches evaluation of the RB's right now.

Advertisement
could work but I'd like to see him tote that pill first....corn elder did come in as a 4 star rb too so you never know

Yall are goofy for sleepin on Homer...he will be good, they are using Walton and Yearby because they were the starters last year and you should be able to depend on them, they are going to ride them out until the end of the season or until one gets hurt, that's just how it is. Homer only got in for one drive and he ran ten times harder than and more aggressively than any of our other backs in their whole careers.
He's already faster, stronger, and more explosive then them, plus his vision in HS was his high point. And as for him playin on D, I dont see it when he becomes our staring RB.

I'd let him tote the rock. With an inept offense like ours, you need a homerun hitter who might get you a 70 yard TD.

After the last 3 games, you would think the coaching staff would want to give him some carries and see what he can do, not move him to f*cking DB. This is beyond retarded.

Advertisement
I like the idea a lot. Dude absolutely looks like a Defensive player with the way he tackles on special teams. Yearby and Walton are good backs, Homer hasn't passed them and they're both coming back next yr. Looks like we add Burns and possibly McFarland. Adding a dynamic athlete at corner could be just what we need to ensure an elite D next year.

Granted no one has any idea how he'd look at corner, I just say give him a shot if he's willing to check it out.

Play him where he will make an impact, be that on defense or at running back. If he's one of the top 22 then get him on the field.

Advertisement
I'd let him tote the rock. With an inept offense like ours, you need a homerun hitter who might get you a 70 yard TD.

This contradicts the whole thought of a running back in the first place. If he is in fact our best option then why would he not already be playing? Would he be less effective with a line that can block?

This contradicts the whole thought of a running back in the first place. If he is in fact our best option then why would he not already be playing? Would he be less effective with a line that can block?

That's nonsensical thinking. Sometimes, better players aren't playing for whatever reason. Is Homer one of those guys? Who knows? But I'd give him a shot. It's not like we're killing it on offense.

Dyril McMillan was playing ahead of Edgerrin James. Sometimes coaches make mistakes. I'd give the young man a shot and see what he can do.

Dyril McMillan was playing ahead of Edgerrin James. Sometimes coaches make mistakes. I'd give the young man a shot and see what he can do.

The immortal Ike Mercer played in front of Jeremy Shockey too. I guess that means Mercer was better.

Advertisement
Back