Homer

Loved his runs between the tackles. Great acceleration. No fear. Would love to see more of him.

I remember an NFL scout's comment after Frank Gore's freshman year, which was along the lines of, "Gore may run a 4.5, but he hits the hole 4.2." Not comparing Homer to Gore, but he does appear to have that elite acceleration at the los. Absolutely love the kid as a prospect. Well built kid who runs with a natural glide; looks like he's cut form the same cloth as another light skinned dude from OSU who will remain nameless.

Advertisement
RS available to any player playing 3 games (25% of season) or less. Homer could play first 3 games and still RS.

THIS IS A MYTH THAT GETS REPEATED ALL OF THE TIME NOT CORRECT. 1 PLAY EQUALS NO POSSIBLE REDSHIRT. PLUS, THE RULE MAKES NO SENSE.
Rule was changed a decade ago, and people still throw it out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Travis looks as advertised. If he gets to the second level with daylight, I think he goes all the way. With new players I'm looking at how they adjust to the college game. Travis ran hard and without fear. That's a great sign for us.

Loved his runs between the tackles. Great acceleration. No fear. Would love to see more of him.

I remember an NFL scout's comment after Frank Gore's freshman year, which was along the lines of, "Gore may run a 4.5, but he hits the hole 4.2." Not comparing Homer to Gore, but he does appear to have that elite acceleration at the los. Absolutely love the kid as a prospect. Well built kid who runs with a natural glide; looks like he's cut form the same cloth as another light skinned dude from OSU who will remain nameless.

For the idiots calling for him to be redshirted after he played, I'm sure his family is happy to hear that you're hoping he suffers a debilitating injury.

Advertisement
He'd be a nasty KR guy because he has no fear. He'd hit that first level at 100 mph and when you do that with his speed and cutting ability you're a threat to hang 6 on the board every time.

He flashed right away because he was very aggressive on STs. I was wondering who 24 was right away because he jumped out at you.

He'd be a nasty KR guy because he has no fear. He'd hit that first level at 100 mph and when you do that with his speed and cutting ability you're a threat to hang 6 on the board every time.

He flashed right away because he was very aggressive on STs. I was wondering who 24 was right away because he jumped out at you.

Agreed.

I bet he gets a crack at kickoffs before the seasons out.

He will be really good. I remember Dalvin fumbling his freshman year, but he cleaned it up last year.

Advertisement
I'm amazed how many people still don't know how this redshirt thing works. The redshirt burned yesterday.

I wish people would stop with the RS him thing, that ship has sailed. Unless he is injured, of course. Has been the case for awhile now. Plus, Coach Richt said before the season started that there would be only 2 or 3 freshman get a shirt(Allison and Martin/Johnson)so not sure why you're surprised. We are going to need these guys going forward, need to get them some burn now. Homer is the future, he's going to steal some carries from the upperclassmen as the season progresses. I remember people doubting his Sparq score, looks legit to me. Love his burst. KR makes perfect sense.

I still remember Lamar Miller being RS, than being a KO guy and splitting carries with Mike James and then gone. So yeah, that RS year was a waste. If you're the goods at that position you should play immediately. Any worth anything isn't staying 4/5 years

Advertisement
I still remember Lamar Miller being RS, than being a KO guy and splitting carries with Mike James and then gone. So yeah, that RS year was a waste. If you're the goods at that position you should play immediately. Any worth anything isn't staying 4/5 years

Yep.
Some folks around here still stuck in 1980s with that redshirting obsession.
And even back then, if you were good enough to contribute on the field as a true frosh, you played.
Redshirting kids who have the potential to go pro after their junior season is dumb.

Seems like this conversation comes up every year but if someone plays a single snap they're not eligible for a redshirt. A medical redshirt requires less than 20% of the season to have been played.

Amazing this is still not understood here

Frank gore did NOT run a 4.5 as a frosh - he ran a 4.50 after 2 knee surgeries
- Most impressive back I have ever seen live was frank as a frosh - 11YPC
- Coming into his Soph year he beat out Willis M only to tear up his knee

Advertisement
Redshirts were big until 1994 when D1 went from 105 ships to 85. Now you need almost everyone. And the kids want to suit up and play. Many see a shirt as shame. It should not be that way but every kid is on the 3 year plan. This is just the way it is. Choc is lucky to have his redshirt. Hope he comes around his senior year for us.

Homer looks like a very good back to have when Yearby and Walton leave after next year.

I like him on STs but i am good with Mark Walton and Joseph Yearby getting majority of the carries with Gus Edwards filling in the rest.

Homer's usefulness stretches to special teams too. He already made a play last week. We need athletic dogs on ST, and are progressing down a razor thin edge. Kid does not need a shirt.

Advertisement
Back