Homer

We need the depth and the freshman are tougher than the golden specials we had. That being said, Homer hit those holes with 0 fear (which you want to see). Kid is going to be a good one. You can tell the difference in speed he hits the hole faster than any RB on the roster

Advertisement
Seems like this conversation comes up every year but if someone plays a single snap they're not eligible for a redshirt. A medical redshirt requires less than 20% of the season to have been played.

Do you think Richt had planned to redshirt Jeff James? Serious question.

RS available to any player playing 3 games (25% of season) or less. Homer could play first 3 games and still RS.

I don't see him contributing on anything but special teams this year. Just about no chance at all. Would take 2 injuries for him to have any semi-serious role.

Next year he will.

It's barely September, the season runs through November and players get hurt all the time.
Hard to predict anything.

That's why I said I don't see him contributing as a RB unless 2 injuries take place. He's gunna have an oportunity to play a lot of ST though.

Advertisement
RS available to any player playing 3 games (25% of season) or less. Homer could play first 3 games and still RS.

Thank you Left Hook! Thing is next year you will still have people saying the same thing. Someone will probably quote your post above then proceed to tell you that the above scenario is called a Medical Redshirt.

Richt has had backs go down before. And also big time recruits like to see true freshman play a lot. Hollomon, you could be on the other side of Richards next year. Felix, do you want some carries next year? Come get some.

give him a shirt imo.

kid is ready to play...but i just like our top 3 rbs right now...and would rather have gus th ebus play some specials save the shirt...and bring Homer back next year as a rs freshman...along with the rb class and eat.

Choc Gray might end up finding a new position when he comes off his med redshirt.

Advertisement
give him a shirt imo.

kid is ready to play...but i just like our top 3 rbs right now...and would rather have gus th ebus play some specials save the shirt...and bring Homer back next year as a rs freshman...along with the rb class and eat.

Choc Gray might end up finding a new position when he comes off his med redshirt.

It's all about the depth chart

Save him for the future

Hes not going to be here as a 5th year senior. Play him. Worth it even if he makes an impact on special teams like he did today. 1 impact play on special teams could change a season.

The amount of talent out there in 2018 and beyond aRB is staggering and we have a real staff to go after them. We don't need to shirt players. I believe getting these backs in and out helps with future recruits as they see early playing time and depth space. I like.

He won't see a senior year at Miami. Use his athletic ability on special teams and at RB, to make up for the lack of depth.

Advertisement
give him a shirt imo.

It's all about the depth chart

Save him for the future

Exactly.

Homer is the one that made the tackle on the botched punt snap..kid flew in there and made a solid tackle

team4535635_358_logo.jpg

Advertisement
I don't see him contributing on anything but special teams this year. Just about no chance at all. Would take 2 injuries for him to have any semi-serious role.

Next year he will.

And his contribution on special teams was legit, important and he did it with excitement, not moping. People need to stop worrying about the redshirt concept as it is increasingly case specific and literally changes week by week depending on the health of the team. --- Specifically for a team with quality depth issues. We need playmakers getting experience on the field in all aspects of the game.

THIS IS A MYTH THAT GETS REPEATED ALL OF THE TIME NOT CORRECT. 1 PLAY EQUALS NO POSSIBLE REDSHIRT. PLUS, THE RULE MAKES NO SENSE.

Loved his runs between the tackles. Great acceleration. No fear. Would love to see more of him.

Advertisement
Back