Holly Rowe & Maria Taylor visit The U

Advertisement
I can't stand that the sideline reporter chick has become a mainstay at every **** football game. Nothing more inane than those just before kickoff and halftime coach interviews.

Advertisement
anyone catch Richt saying the qb competition will be year long? Malik is game 1 starter but that doesn't mean it's his job to lose. Sounds like If any of the others make up ground and Rosier has another Pitt game he could lose his job the rest of the way.

Advertisement
Notice how Richt talks about Malik. He is on a short leash this year. Notice how he slipped up and said he is waiting for one of the young guys to step up and they didnt just have enough time by the start of the fall camp lol

I was shocked at how blunt he was, he all but said he was begging for the young guys to take the job.

anyone catch Richt saying the qb competition will be year long? Malik is game 1 starter but that doesn't mean it's his job to lose. Sounds like If any of the others make up ground and Rosier has another Pitt game he could lose his job the rest of the way.

No. That's basically word for word what he said. Rosier is the starter, and he's so far ahead that someone else would have to show major gains for him to lose that spot. He's just not necessarily ruling that out, and neither am I. I'm actually hoping someone does make that leap. I don't really like hearing that there is such a large gap between QB1 and QB2. You start who you think is the best, but if for some reason he has to come out, you want the next guy ready to perform.

Advertisement
I was shocked at how blunt he was, he all but said he was begging for the young guys to take the job.
good, that should be the message to Malik and to the others. to Malik, play well or you are going to get benched. to the others, you are next in line and should be ready to play each week. realistically, everyone other than Williams should be ready to play and start. that's great motivation.

plus, remember that Richt also has to worry about transfers. he needs Perry and Weldon to believe that they can overtake Rosier at any point so that they stick around through the end of camp (cf LSU clusterf@ck at QB)

No. That's basically word for word what he said. Rosier is the starter, and he's so far ahead that someone else would have to show major gains for him to lose that spot. He's just not necessarily ruling that out, and neither am I. I'm actually hoping someone does make that leap. I don't really like hearing that there is such a large gap between QB1 and QB2. You start who you think is the best, but if for some reason he has to come out, you want the next guy ready to perform.

That was my interpretation. Yes, he is far ahead now but it's only game 1. I think he wants Rosier feeling the heat of competition all year because he needs to have that focus that was missing last year. If you start seeing some moments when we have a decent lead and a qb change to get some young guys experience (something we could not really do last year) that is your sign.

Malik’s ahead now but he must perform to keep his job, it’s that simple

Advertisement
That was my interpretation. Yes, he is far ahead now but it's only game 1. I think he wants Rosier feeling the heat of competition all year because he needs to have that focus that was missing last year. If you start seeing some moments when we have a decent lead and a qb change to get some young guys experience (something we could not really do last year) that is your sign.

I want Rosier feeling the heat as well. I want the other guys to feel that their number could be called at any moment or that the starting job is almost within their grasp so that everyone is giving maximum effort in every practice, every rep, every scrimmage, every position meeting, and putting in extra effort to learn details of every play and coverage.

I don't care who plays, so long as the team performance as a whole can be elevated.

Emphasis on Depth and Facilities. Get the dorm situation right and that leaves only stereotyping Miami as a violent place, the only negative recruiting tool teams can use.

Harley worked Smith. Love the idea of the Striker position, but I don’t see how we’re going to cover speedy slot guys with bigger slower DBs like Smith and Finley. They should be better than. McCloud in coverage, but they’re not not going to cover speedy slot receivers well.

Advertisement
Back