Hodges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh....kid has got to be careful with stuff like this....this could've gone really bad for him. The Mary J stuff, idk what to say about that...perhaps one day it'll be legalized but until that day these guys need to leave it alone. It's just not worth it, friggin NFL draft ppl will not be asking him about this the moment he goes pro...I know its probably just guys being young and "living life" but the players have to recognize that they have a LOT TO LOSE.

LOL problem is that they see big time NFL guys getting away with it.....can't nobody tell me Marshawn Lynch wasn't absolutely TOASTED before games lol....that's why he didn't want them cameras in his face after games. Then at the Super Bowl media days wearing the sunglasses....anybody who's wanted to hide it before immediately knew why he was rocking the shades LOL.....all jokes aside the vets in the game "who may do it" knows how to do it without costing themselves $$$.....NFL clubs don't care one way or the other what you do long as you're not getting in trouble which causes bad press for them......free game is the players know the "testing times" before it gets there, somehow it's "leaked" lol....only guys getting caught are the ones with no self control and try to push it thinking they won't pop hot.......there's a reason MLB doesn't test for it, heck NHL either although there's more to that story than I feel like digging into.....lol

yeah they should stick to opioids that hand out like candy to deal with pain. we dont have a national issue or anything w pain pills

Advertisement
he was pulled over bc his car had a sunscreen material. the **** is that? and the cop said hodges was displaying abnormal behavior. im glad miami dade isnt prosecuting weed bc this is all so ridiculous.

Advertisement
pretty sure you cant, maybe it varies in state but where i live you cant have both.

Nikki Fried, Florida's Commissioner of Agriculture, has publicly stated she has both a CWL and medicinal marijuana card and sees no conflict between the two. But that's Florida law.

That being said, I'm not sure you can purchase/possess a firearm under federal law while being in possession of a medicinal marijuana card (and utilizing it). Marijuana remains a schedule 1 narcotic under federal law, and the ATF doesn't care what your state law says.

8AA9AE04-7BE8-4F68-B87E-B87FEC95F567.gif

Advertisement
Nikki Fried, Florida's Commissioner of Agriculture, has publicly stated she has both a CWL and medicinal marijuana card and sees no conflict between the two. But that's Florida law.

That being said, I'm not sure you can purchase/possess a firearm under federal law while being in possession of a medicinal marijuana card (and utilizing it). Marijuana remains a schedule 1 narcotic under federal law, and the ATF doesn't care what your state law says.
Thanks for the clairification. I dont disagree with her. Florida law is always different but like you said federally its still a schedule 1 drug so that's interesting. I just dont get why some states are pushing so hard against it. It could generate a helpful amount of income for most states.

Thanks for the clairification. I dont disagree with her. Florida law is always different but like you said federally its still a schedule 1 drug so that's interesting. I just dont get why some states are pushing so hard against it. It could generate a helpful amount of income for most states.
Would be great if the fed came around, too. The DEA could initiate those proceedings pretty easily with a wink and nod from the President.

Reactions: DTP
Glad he was suspended for the spring game. Make him run his *** off all summer and have a zero tolerance policy. Should be a good wake up to the entire team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. Get a medical card and take 'donations'. This effectively makes you a legal delivery driver.
2. Get a concealed carry

Is it that simple? Or am I way off base get a concealed and a
Considering Florida has no gun registration requirement, I'm a bit curious how they came to that conclusion. Particularly since the law specifically states such a registry is illegal.
Yea what defines “unregistered” ..unless it was reported stolen, there is no such thing in Florida

The only issue in Florida is, can you purchase a firearm while having state legal medical marijuana. And that has to do with one question on a FEDERAL form. For example you can have a medical marijuana card, and not be a current user of medical marijuana, or you could have quit medical marijuana, in which case there is no doubt that you could purchase a firearm, because you can answer the question truthfully in saying that you do not use marijuana.

I’m not a lawyer, but that’s my interpretation of everything I’ve read about this issue.

And not only that, but Nikki Fried (apropos name) has stated unequivocally that you can have both cards. Neither your weed, nor your guns, will be taken from you, nor will you be in violation of Florida law. And right now, she’s the ultimate authority on this in the state of Florida unless somehow the state courts get involved or the state legislature.

theyre still getting people on weed? jesus give it up cops.

need to know more about the first one -- was he at a traffic stop? i guess it doesnt really matter since hes not being charged. amazing how it was kept under wraps till the county leaked it just now. manny really doesnt let stuff he doesnt want out there leak
Stupid weedheads, its the fact that he had weed n was in possession of a firearm. Nobody gives af about weed.

Not to get off topic or anything but was he our first arrest since Walton during the 2016 spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back