Hodges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This story is troubling and should be a wake-up call for Manny & program. Smoking weed is obviously not the issue.

So, Hodges gets pulled over and, according to the officer, he attempted to flee. Why? Regardless, not a good idea.

He's driving a car belonging to the sister of a friend. Ok. He has a license, but it's not with him. Not the end of the world, though raises minor question about maturity and accountability.

In the car is a loaded Glock - registered to someone else - as well as an unregistered gun in the glove compartment. So, attorney says Hodges is clueless about the guns. They're not his. That's great, but what does it say about the friends he hangs with?

He tells the cop of smoking weed in the car the night before with friends. Again, weed isn't the issue. Just a bad visual of a UM player hanging out, driving around in a car with friends and guns.

Maybe it's the times. Just a bad look. Hopefully, Hodges is a decent kid and no prior issues or Manny may need to set an example.

I still don't know what is meant by "registered" firearm vs "unregistered" firearm in this context, since a gun lawfully purchased by a Floridian is not required to be "registered" anywhere. For example, let's say I am a law abiding citizen living in Maryland and I buy a gun, then I permanently move to Florida and buy a second gun there. The first would be registered in Maryland and the second gun wouldn't be registered anywhere. But, per the ATF, I would be the legal owner of record of both firearms, and no laws were broken by having an "unregistered" firearm.

Also, the evasion part is off compared to what I read about this. Hodges did not exit the vehicle and flee on foot. From what I read, the officer claimed Hodges was evading him (in the vehicle) but he never lost sight of the vehicle, but then I read Hodges's "evasion" consisted of making "two turns before pulling into a gas station." For a young black man in America being pulled over by a cop, I think taking a minute to find a well-lit, public area to pull over is probably a good idea.

That bit of uncertainty aside, I agree this is not a good look for Hodges and the program. I'm honestly more concerned about the fact the car was apparently registered to Jahfari Harvey's brother. At best, Hodges borrowed a car from a teammate's brother who he sometimes hangs out and smokes weed with, and who was dumb enough to loan Hodges his car with two loaded firearms (neither in a holster, one apparently in the driver's side door pocket) and weed in it.

This story is troubling and should be a wake-up call for Manny & program. Smoking weed is obviously not the issue.

So, Hodges gets pulled over and, according to the officer, he attempted to flee. Why? Regardless, not a good idea.

He's driving a car belonging to the sister of a friend. Ok. He has a license, but it's not with him. Not the end of the world, though raises minor question about maturity and accountability.

In the car is a loaded Glock - registered to someone else - as well as an unregistered gun in the glove compartment. So, attorney says Hodges is clueless about the guns. They're not his. That's great, but what does it say about the friends he hangs with?

He tells the cop of smoking weed in the car the night before with friends. Again, weed isn't the issue. Just a bad visual of a UM player hanging out, driving around in a car with friends and guns.

Maybe it's the times. Just a bad look. Hopefully, Hodges is a decent kid and no prior issues or Manny may need to set an example.
He hangs out with people who like to exercise their 2nd Amendment right. Who gives a f**k?

Advertisement
Not one Person is leaving because of gun laws idiot

Have you interviewed every single of them? Granted, that would be a tall feat considering the dozens of south bound moving trucks I see on I95 every time I drive to Florida.
#****hole state

Advertisement
Nikki Fried, Florida's Commissioner of Agriculture, has publicly stated she has both a CWL and medicinal marijuana card and sees no conflict between the two. But that's Florida law.

That being said, I'm not sure you can purchase/possess a firearm under federal law while being in possession of a medicinal marijuana card (and utilizing it). Marijuana remains a schedule 1 narcotic under federal law, and the ATF doesn't care what your state law says.
Nikki Is hot for a politician. I'd smash it!!

Go Canes!!

Manny made sure this article didn’t come out until AFTER the spring game 😆 true politician

No, there is no registration requirement at all. For a concealed carry license, you only have to display proficiency at handling a firearm. I know people who had their license before they ever owned a firearm.

The details of reciprocity are on the FL Ag & Consmr Svcs web site.

Technically FL is a CWOF state with broader privledges for the holder than some other states.

Nikki Is hot for a politician. I'd smash it!!

Go Canes!!
She's likely going to run for guv. Nikki's big tell will be how many trips to botox... errrr... spa provider she takes. Oh amd she is a loon, so there is that. Interesting to see if Gwen G does as well (again)--level headed like her dad.

Word on street: she (Nikki) loves the double stuff.

Advertisement
Stupid *** arrest. They were obviously dummying up the arrest report by saying he was "acting weird" or whatever Driving While Black bullshyt they tried to pull on him. Once they start with that sort of verbiage, you know they're up to some bullshyt.

Advertisement
Nothing good is gonna happen if you're a college football player on scholarship with guns and weed on you. That's just looking for trouble. Be smart and keep that stuff at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back