Hodges Commits

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
We are asking our corners to play a lot of man. A ridiculously high percentage of man on an island.

Jackson had the press down pat, he could really cover. Never got beat that often(other than vs Toledo 3rd round pick diontae Johnson and In the 2017 pitt game).

Just from watching clips you can see muddy B not doing any press man technique but Jackson clearly is right there in the uva clip. Maybe they do both?

Last edited:

Jackson had the press down pat, he could really cover. Never got beat that often(other than vs Toledo 3rd round pick diontae Johnson and In the 2017 pitt game).

Just from watching clips you can see muddy B not doing any press man technique but Jackson clearly is right there in the uva clip. Maybe they do both?

all of those clips show man to man coverage. None really show press bail. More like bump and run. I think what @Coach Macho was trying to say is that he was told they would run that more in the future. But from watching tape of last year it was mostly man.

Advertisement
everyone complaining about this kid's combine numbers should go back and read @Lance Roffers post on correlation between testing and all-conference teams https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/college-footballs-legs-race-part-1.145029/

for CBs here's what he wrote:

View attachment 84819

based on the one set of numbers we have available, hodges checks the box with his vertical (31"), and blows the short shuttle out of the water (4.35). he doesn't check the 40 box (4.89) but it's from a single event and even then it's off by only about a tenth of a second.

according to lance's data, elite elite speed is still what's most often going to lead to an elite corner. but if hodges can shave his 40 time down a hair he hits the other marks for a prospect with all-conference potential. i'll quote lance again:

At this position there appear to be two types: Either a freak speed athlete who is two or more standard deviations above the mean, or long and rangy CB’s with the arm-length to jam and play the ball away.

hodges is not the first but based on his film and testing numbers he could definitely be the second

I agree with you on everything, especially his 40. A 4.9 is slow no matter what but he is young. This is his junior year going into his summer. If he works hard, he should be able to get it down to a 4.6. That should be fine in college in the coastal division. I think the fastest WR are on our team.

Of course we do both. We're a college football team. Nobody ever said that we don't play Man.

We are not primarily man coverage though. We don't rely on it. We play a ton of deep Zone.

Advertisement
all of those clips show man to man coverage. None really show press bail. More like bump and run. I think what @Coach Macho was trying to say is that he was told they would run that more in the future. But from watching tape of last year it was mostly man.
It's 3 clips about Michael Jackson's press ability. Of course they all show man coverage. LOL

Advertisement
Manny Diaz loves Fire Zone pressures. What do y'all think he's playing behind them?

A lot of the bail outs out of the press looks like man because the cb is playing a deep third zone , cover 3 or a zone blitz where he has thirds. Which looks like man.

I think that’s where you’re going , correct ?

They play both man and press bail. Those are the two primary coverages diaz use. What diaz did last year was vs certain teams he went more man. Look at 2017 and you see teams taking advantage of the press bail by using slants.

Advertisement
Back