Hmmmm..... Is fsu REALLY developing south Florida talent?

Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.

Lol dude your full of it . As much as they love to boast about south Florida recruiting, their draft class should indicate that their players should be drafted higher in particular as it relates to SOUTH FLORIDA prospects...
You should quit while you can. You're mocking a program that has had 29 players drafted over three years, won a national championship, won the ACC and had put loads of talent into the NFL.

Please just stop

My mind has been sufficiently blown by the arguments he is attempting to make.

It's really just beyond comprehension that someone can be this dense. Or so blind in loyalty that he'll come up with any far-reaching rationalization to try to convince others (or is it himself) that Golden is a good coach. it just defies logic.

Advertisement
FSU has been 1 QB away from being irrelevant. #truth

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

so what?! The QB is the most important position. They've had a great one for two years. Who cares how they would have done without him?

How would we have done without Bernie Kosar, or Dorsey, Walsh, etc....?

Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.

This board is ridiculous man.... Just because someone comments something positive about the draft they are a supporter of golden? Man gtfoh with that dumb a** logic. I swear some of yall are lame as **** smh

Last edited:

This board is ridiculous man.... Just because someone comments something positive about the draft they are a supporter of golden? Man gtfoh with that dumb a** logic. I swear some of tall are lame as **** smh

Stop attacking your only ally, and provide that proof I asked for. When you do that, everyone on here will jump to our side of the argument. It's clear that FSU only develops talent from everywhere except S. FL. Now, let's prove it with some facts.

Jimbo gets to show his mettle this year...Imagine he and FSU are reallllllllly ticked at being rated as the third best team in the ACC

Advertisement
Jimbo gets to show his mettle this year...Imagine he and FSU are reallllllllly ticked at being rated as the third best team in the ACC

I really don't think Jimbo is too worried about a female blogger's opinion about his team...Golden is probably so mad that he has his wife In the figure-4.

Last I checked checked they went undefeated with a MNC and followed that up with another undefeated season, but they did lose in the playoff.

I'd say they're doing a fine job of developing talent for what they're supposed to first and foremost, their university at the college level. Anything beyond that, it's gravy as being drafted or even success beyond your time at whatever university doesn't win you extra credit.

According to the OP, we didn't develop Ken Dorsey.

As for the college game, I think O'Leary and Walford is a push. Greene or Dorsett, Green by a mile and depending on my team I'm probably taking RG there as well. Why there's a comparison between O'Leary and Walford though in the context of this thread, I'm not sure as O'Leary isn't a S. FL product.

Brock, which coach would you pick....theirs or ours? What about the entire staff? I know I'm going with theirs and so would maybe all but you.

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

My viewpoint on this is that recruits perception even from the Noles 2013 season to the 2014 season changed drastically. Also if you look at FSU's QB situation, since Coley left, they haven't recruited the position as well. I don't know if its directly related to Coley or not but since he's been here we are now recruiting the position better. I also don't necessarily believe it's all development but maybe a little bit of talent evaluation. Also don't confuse talents evaluations with putting players in a position to excel with their talents. We all know Golden's faults here. This is one reason Butch was so good. He had the talent evals down and made the most of the talent he recruited.

1. FSU currently has the 1 qb in the county committed from California. They got this kid to transfer to IMG as well which shows how committed he is
2. Craig and Jimbo recruited qbs for FSU not Coley. Craig is at auburn now
3. Which recruits believe what you stated in your first sentence? Clearly the numbers don't agree. FSU is still annually pulling top 2/3 classes annually. A matter of fact, 247 states that fsu pulled the #4 class in 2014 compared to the #3 class in 2015.

I was wondering etc he was talking about as well Kyle. Just this past season they loaded up with three very good prospects at the QB position. Inspector Gadget has nothing on the reach to try and make a case for Coley.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

so what?! The QB is the most important position. They've had a great one for two years. Who cares how they would have done without him?

How would we have done without Bernie Kosar, or Dorsey, Walsh, etc....?

You can't mention Dorsey. According to Brock, he wasn't developed as evidenced by his late selection at number 241.

Advertisement

My viewpoint on this is that recruits perception even from the Noles 2013 season to the 2014 season changed drastically. Also if you look at FSU's QB situation, since Coley left, they haven't recruited the position as well. I don't know if its directly related to Coley or not but since he's been here we are now recruiting the position better. I also don't necessarily believe it's all development but maybe a little bit of talent evaluation. Also don't confuse talents evaluations with putting players in a position to excel with their talents. We all know Golden's faults here. This is one reason Butch was so good. He had the talent evals down and made the most of the talent he recruited.

1. FSU currently has the 1 qb in the county committed from California. They got this kid to transfer to IMG as well which shows how committed he is
3. Which recruits believe what you stated in your first sentence? Clearly the numbers don't agree. FSU is still annually pulling top 2/3 classes annually. A matter of fact, 247 states that fsu pulled the #4 class in 2014 compared to the #3 class in 2015.

I was wondering etc he was talking about as well Kyle. Just this past season they loaded up with three very good prospects at the QB position. Inspector Gadget has nothing on the reach to try and make a case for Coley.

Not making a case for Coley at all, I'm just not one to believe in coincidences. FSU signed 2/3 you're talking about. Both are short for a QB and I've never seen Jimbo go with a short QB. Both great athletes but neither are pro-style QB's. Unless they are going to an OSU offense I think both will struggle.

The tards talking how FSU cant win without Winston said the same thing about Urban after Tebow.... Its not rocket science. Sign top 5 classes and you eventually get a Winston or Tebow surrounded with NFL talent.

Advertisement
The tards talking how FSU cant win without Winston said the same thing about Urban after Tebow.... Its not rocket science. Sign top 5 classes and you eventually get a Winston or Tebow surrounded with NFL talent.
They beat Clemson without Winston last year. They've won and improved every year before Winston arrived. They surely beat the **** out of us a couple of times.

The stupidity of their argument is mind boggling.

we ******* suck, this whole ******* program sucks and **** **** ****. literally just ****. i hope al golden spontaneously combusts because at this point i'd take donna shalala as our HC over him. this program is a national laughingstock and our own fans are trying to rejoice in having draft selections even though our seasons was just BELOW 5 ******* 00. 500. BELOW 500.

Advertisement

Yeah, not sure about that:

Consentino: Composite 91
Francois: Composite 97
Johnson: Composite 88
Henry: Composite 99

Miami:
14:
Kayaa: Composite 94
Rosier: Composite 84
15:
Sherrifs: Composite 82
Allison: 94

Not to mention FSU is about to land Joey Gatewood who will likely be the top QB in 2018....

I doubt coley is missed at all at FSU. Have recruited better (even at QB) and won more since he left.

Its laughable...didn't FSU win the ACC without Winston? **** Jimbo won the division in his first year......Both are things Coker, Radio and Alfred haven't even sniffed in over a decade.

FSU will likely take a step back this year because of everyone else lost in addition to Winston. If he was the only one that left for the NFL from last years team it would still be preseason top 5 and you would be delusional to think otherwise.

.... Miami's top 6 picks
1st round Ereck flowers 9 overall
1st round Phillip dorsett 29 overall
2nd round Denzel perryman 48 overall
3rd round Clive Waldord 68 overall
3rd round Duke Johnson 77 overall
4th round Jon feliciano 128 overall
All from south Florida....

Fsu on the other hand first pick in the draft from south Florida was
5th round rashard Greene 139 overall
6th round nick oleary 194 overall
7 th round bobby hart....

Hmmmmmmm

greene isn't really from SFL. hes from Ga i believe and transferred down to STA for a year or so

Its laughable...didn't FSU win the ACC without Winston? **** Jimbo won the division in his first year......Both are things Coker, Radio and Alfred haven't even sniffed in over a decade.

FSU will likely take a step back this year because of everyone else lost in addition to Winston. If he was the only one that left for the NFL from last years team it would still be preseason top 5 and you would be delusional to think otherwise.

not with sean maguire at qb

Advertisement
Back