Hmmmm..... Is fsu REALLY developing south Florida talent?

Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.

Lol dude your full of it . As much as they love to boast about south Florida recruiting, their draft class should indicate that their players should be drafted higher in particular as it relates to SOUTH FLORIDA prospects...

Advertisement
Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.

Lol dude your full of it . As much as they love to boast about south Florida recruiting, their draft class should indicate that their players should be drafted higher in particular as it relates to SOUTH FLORIDA prospects...
You should quit while you can. You're mocking a program that has had 29 players drafted over three years, won a national championship, won the ACC and had put loads of talent into the NFL.

Please just stop

You should quit while you can. You're mocking a program that has had 29 players drafted over three years, won a national championship, won the ACC and had put loads of talent into the NFL.

Please just stop
Well considering I'm talking about south Florida prospects only.....

Don't know what happened with Rashard Greene but he's definitely not a 5th round pick. Shouldve went in the 1st thru 3rd

Please just stop

My mind has been sufficiently blown by the arguments he is attempting to make.

Advertisement
you're desperately trying to put a positive spin on us going 6-7 with all that talent. there is not positive to take from it. that's sh*t coaching and has been for years now. the fact that we had a few soflo guys go this year means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Please just stop

So the point of the thread is that FSU wins a bunch of games and puts countless NFL prospects into the league by recruiting nationally?

ok..

Please just stop

So the point of the thread is that FSU wins a bunch of games and puts countless NFL prospects into the league by recruiting nationally?

ok..
Somehow FSU develops all their players except South Florida players. Somehow by some other worldly power, Jimbo just can't seem to get his South Florida kids developed like he does kids from the rest of the country. We all know South Florida kids don't get developed when they leave the area. Just look at Amari Cooper. Tragic how he was under developed.

Advertisement
FSU has been 1 QB away from being irrelevant. #truth

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

Clemson and Boston College as well. They were some good luck away from 5-7 losses. But even our 01 team was some fortunate bounces away from two losses.

I'm with you on this, dear friend. Please don't take your frustrations out on your ally, the ever-friendly The Franchise. Instead, rebuff these other hooligans by pointing out all the S. Florida players from FSU over these last few years, who were draft eligible, and did not get drafted.

If you don't want to shove it in their faces by going back the last 3 years, then show us the S. FL players from this year at FSU, who were draft eligible, that didn't get drafted and should have been drafted but for poor development. I'm pretty sure Rashard Greene spent the majority of his youth in Georgia, so he doesn't count against you. Should be easy to rip everyone apart by showing them all the S. FL guys that FSU squandered.

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

Clemson and Boston College as well. They were some good luck away from 5-7 losses. But even our 01 team was some fortunate bounces away from two losses.

Our 2014 UM team was a few bad bounces from winning 12 games. If anything had gone our way, everyone would be crowning C A G right now.

Advertisement

My viewpoint on this is that recruits perception even from the Noles 2013 season to the 2014 season changed drastically. Also if you look at FSU's QB situation, since Coley left, they haven't recruited the position as well. I don't know if its directly related to Coley or not but since he's been here we are now recruiting the position better. I also don't necessarily believe it's all development but maybe a little bit of talent evaluation. Also don't confuse talents evaluations with putting players in a position to excel with their talents. We all know Golden's faults here. This is one reason Butch was so good. He had the talent evals down and made the most of the talent he recruited.

My viewpoint on this is that recruits perception even from the Noles 2013 season to the 2014 season changed drastically. Also if you look at FSU's QB situation, since Coley left, they haven't recruited the position as well. I don't know if its directly related to Coley or not but since he's been here we are now recruiting the position better. I also don't necessarily believe it's all development but maybe a little bit of talent evaluation. Also don't confuse talents evaluations with putting players in a position to excel with their talents. We all know Golden's faults here. This is one reason Butch was so good. He had the talent evals down and made the most of the talent he recruited.

1. FSU currently has the 1 qb in the county committed from California. They got this kid to transfer to IMG as well which shows how committed he is
2. Craig and Jimbo recruited qbs for FSU not Coley. Craig is at auburn now
3. Which recruits believe what you stated in your first sentence? Clearly the numbers don't agree. FSU is still annually pulling top 2/3 classes annually. A matter of fact, 247 states that fsu pulled the #4 class in 2014 compared to the #3 class in 2015.

1. FSU currently has the 1 qb in the county committed from California. They got this kid to transfer to IMG as well which shows how committed he is
2. Craig and Jimbo recruited qbs for FSU not Coley. Craig is at auburn now
3. Which recruits believe what you stated in your first sentence? Clearly the numbers don't agree. FSU is still annually pulling top 2/3 classes annually. A matter of fact, 247 states that fsu pulled the #4 class in 2014 compared to the #3 class in 2015.

Yeah, not sure about that:

Consentino: Composite 91
Francois: Composite 97
Johnson: Composite 88
Henry: Composite 99

Miami:
14:
Kayaa: Composite 94
Rosier: Composite 84
15:
Sherrifs: Composite 82
Allison: 94

Advertisement
This is when you know we are down; we are celebrating draft victories now over FSU??? Golden has neutered this program beyond belief.

This is when you know we are down; we are celebrating draft victories now over FSU??? Golden has neutered this program beyond belief.
We can't beat FSU where it matters, so we have to concoct some weird *** argument to make ourselves feel better.

.... Miami's top 6 picks
1st round Ereck flowers 9 overall
1st round Phillip dorsett 29 overall
2nd round Denzel perryman 48 overall
3rd round Clive Waldord 68 overall
3rd round Duke Johnson 77 overall
4th round Jon feliciano 128 overall
All from south Florida....

Fsu on the other hand first pick in the draft from south Florida was
5th round rashard Greene 139 overall
6th round nick oleary 194 overall
7 th round bobby hart....

Hmmmmmmm

So you are extolling Golden's alleged development of our talent, when we have lost to our arch rival every year under his leadership?

We can't beat FSU where it matters, so we have to concoct some weird *** argument to make ourselves feel better.
[MENTION=1034]McGahee2TheHouse[/MENTION]: Next thing you know, we'll be celebrating that we had more Acadmeic All-Americans than FSU...all the while they still crack us. #FireGoldenQuick

Advertisement
Back