Hiring a new coach is not the solution

Advertisement
Yes there have, injuries are part of the game, those injuries forced Manny to play the younger, more talented kids, further justifying firing him. They have played better since( Jalen Rivers was a serious loss) and could have won every game since playing that Connecticut girls school. So keep trying.

@Andrew you logged into the wrong account
Changed his screen name. Seems to be a new thing.

1636926025735.jpeg

Advertisement
Reality is that Miami will not attract any big names anymore and why hire a unknown or washed up coach which will not change anything we been down this road many times in the last 20 years guys why keep doing something that has not worked out ?
Literally what you are advocating is to basically shutdown the program.
Keep the same unsuccessful, undisciplined disaster of a HC FOREVER just because you don't want to take a chance and hire someone else.

Let's recap. Manny Diaz Jr:

1.) Can't recruit
2.) Can't develop
3.) Can't coach X's and O's (Defense is an atrocity)
4.) Doesn't field a disciplined unit (8 penalties in the FIRST QUARTER)
5.) Has no ******* clue what to do on situational downs (probably because he's never played an organized sport)

Essentially he is what he's always been. An analyst who can review film and make notes on what needs to be fixed. Not a head coach.

Guys trust me I hate losing more than anyone but just set your feelings aside and break this season down and you will see its been full of injuries to key players.
Injuries to key players does not explain or excuse the lack of discipline with constant and frequent penalties...which has been the case for Manny's entire tenure. It does not excuse the terrible tackling, even by our experienced starters. It does not explain the fact that our defense does not seem to understand the most basic defensive principles of gap/lane protection and setting edges (they just run in full speed towards the ball carrier, often running into each other). Those are all coaching issues.

Advertisement
Guys trust me I hate losing more than anyone but just set your feelings aside and break this season down and you will see its been full of injuries to key players.
How many players were injured when we lost to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech? How many players were injured when UNC put up nearly a thousand yards of offense on Manny’s defense? Enough with the excuse. It’s not just about one game or one season. There is enough evidence to make a decision. Manny isn’t the guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure if serious.

I know this much, the coaching staff can be improved. A change on the defensive side of the ball would be a step in the right direction.

My hope at HC though is minimal. We don't seem to ever get the right guy and that's another discussion. Money talks and bull**** walks. We'll see what we're about when Manny gets the axe.

He wins out, I don't think we see a change this year if he greenlights an independent DC. I wouldn't even be surprised without another loss that things stay the same and he gets one more year.

This is the new Miami and while everyone wants change, that doesn't mean things do change.

Advertisement
Back