Hiring a new coach is not the solution

Advertisement

Hiring a new coach is not the solution​

stupid thread.gif

Guys trust me I hate losing more than anyone but just set your feelings aside and break this season down and you will see its been full of injuries to key players.
It doesn’t appear that you hate losing more than anybody on this board. Honestly, either you are trolling, or you are Manny Diaz with that injury comment.

Advertisement
Yes he knows what he has right now and what changes need to be made to win, guys you think starting all over is the solution to winning but its not.
Injuries caused by poor/improper training/preparation and compounded by poor coaching/playcalling.

Advertisement
Guys trust me I hate losing more than anyone but just set your feelings aside and break this season down and you will see its been full of injuries to key players.
Injuries caused by poor/improper training/preparation and compounded by poor coaching/playcalling

Reality is that Miami will not attract any big names anymore and why hire a unknown or washed up coach which will not change anything we been down this road many times in the last 20 years guys why keep doing something that has not worked out ?
Is this a troll post? So, UM should just puts its hands up and give up? Lord almighty.

Advertisement
So he discovers a QB that’s 3x better than the previous one, safeties that we’re 3x better than the previous starters, an RB 3x better than the senior he was playing, and the O has had a resurgence since the injuries but the injuries are at fault for the season?

Advertisement
Yes he knows what he has right now and what changes need to be made to win, guys you think starting all over is the solution to winning but its not.
I tend to agree with you about Manny. Since 1995, UM has had 6 Head Coaches and 2 Interim Coaches. Butch (51-20), Coker (60-15), Shannon (28-22), Golden (32-25), Richt (28-12), and Diaz (19-15 to-date). Cleary, if changing coaches (Shannon, Golden, Richt over a 12 year period) were the solution, UM would be ripping off wins as they did during previous coaching tenures. Shannon was given 4 years and Golden 5 and they were no more or no less effective than Manny, in fact Manny has a better winning percentage in conference than either of them. If you can tell me we are going to spend big bucks and land a big time coach, make the change. If it's just another guy, stay with Manny and give him a 4th year. The names floated on the board are either not going to happen or they are not a realistic option. Cristobal is the only name that makes sense, as he is a former player and from South Florida. But he has a great thing going at Oregon and he's 2300 miles from Indianapolis and the NCAA. My guess, if Diaz is terminated, we end up with Clay Helton or his clone and that's not an improvement. Making a change and not hitting a home run may well be the end of UM Football. So think hard and maybe realize UM hired a guy that had never been a HC and has invested 3 years in him. Maybe the right changes are first, an AD that knows football. Then a new AD should tell Manny to hire a quality DC and let him handle the job and not force him to run Manny's scheme. Let the coordinators run game day's and Manny can become an executive and a recruiter.

Reality is that Miami will not attract any big names anymore and why hire a unknown or washed up coach which will not change anything we been down this road many times in the last 20 years guys why keep doing something that has not worked out ?
Reality is, Mr. Diaz…. your son sux as a head coach and couldn’t get the job done at this university.

Advertisement
Back