Hire Scott Frost NOW

Puro....

To much stock in "great recruiters".

Golden was known as great recruiter.

Kids want to play for great head coaches....not great recruiters. Being a great head coach makes you a great recruiter.

Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are miserable people but are know as the best recruiters in the business. Because they are cool dudes? No...its because they are ******* obsessed with winning and kids love playing for them.

Advertisement
He wouldn't be the first hot ssh hot coordinator to fail so definitely not a guarantee. I'm not a fan of the offense. Physical teams that can bully the wrs with a physical dline stop that offense. Stanford has done it numerous times. U see in the nfl the offense has no answer if u stop the screen game. Fsu d line is worse than ours and their corners aren't physical.

Oregon is on a 10 year run we would kill for under 3 different coAches, playing in a better conference. And they just beat a team on 29 game win streak by 40.

Auburn won a national title and should have won another last year.

Ohio State has 3 losses in 3 years and just took down Alabama with their 3rd string QB.

TCU just took apart the vaunted Landshark Defense.

Baylor has played in the BCS TWO YEARS IN A ROW. ****ing BAYLOR.

I think the results are in on the spread. It works just fine.

Texas A&M and Oklahoma have both ambushed Alabama (the standard bearer in college football right now) using similar concepts to Oregon.
I never said the spread didn't work. I'm just saying it struggles against a good dl with physical corners. It has no second option. Lsu dominated tamu cause of their d. Bama struggles because their d is designed to play the physical teams of the sec but the offenses are changing. U can't play 260lb lbs against a heavy spread team. Bamas dl is bad at putting pressure on the q.b. recipe for disaster if u can't disrupt timing of the spread.

Whoever the next HC is needs to finally take full advantage of what he would have incredible access to in South Florida. And that's skinny, lightning fast, quick twitch athletes.

All this pro style antiquated **** and "defense first" mentality is yesterday's news. Take advantage of the massive advantage the athletes down here give you instead of trying to fasten them up and overload them.

Guys like Rick Rod and Frost and all the dudes who run that style of offense would be sitting in puddles of their own **** all day with the types of athletes this area produces.

It's a match made in heaven for that dirty of Chip Kelly/Rick Rod system. Yet our dopey fans always want to harken back to the Dorsey days of two back play action run first **** from compressed formations.

It's a new age. Adapt or die.

My top five picks that would cost The U next to nothing;

1: Mario Cristonal, is a native son, great recruiter, has been getting experience in Alabama, and is a motivator. Would need great assistants to get him moving in the right direction.
2: Butch Davis, older, great coach, great recruiter, fan base would love him, but comes with baggage that The. U might not be interested in.
3: Bo Pelini: might just be the attitude The U needs to get these unmotivated players moving in the right direction. Yes underperformed at Nebraska but who wants to play in that God forbidden state?
4:Greg Schiano: I know I will get crap for this, but native son, coached under Butch, understand SF recruiting and knows the Northeast well. Did a great job at Rutgers and who does well in the NFL coming out of college, most fail!
5: Lane Kiffin; reaching but what a great players coach and recruiter! Will come motivated has gained experience under Saban, and has a look for SF.

GO CANES!

Worst of all time list right here folks. Might be the worst first post on any Canes board I've ever read.

I'm a full convert to the Chip Kelly mantra. Dunno about Frost b/c he's pretty green, but I have been rooting for the Eagles to lose all year in hopes he'd leave. Unfortunately, even with a **** backup like Sanchez, Kelly is too **** good of a coach.

Advertisement
1: Mario Cristonal, is a native son, great recruiter, has been getting experience in Alabama, and is a motivator. Would need great assistants to get him moving in the right direction.
2: Butch Davis, older, great coach, great recruiter, fan base would love him, but comes with baggage that The. U might not be interested in.
3: Bo Pelini: might just be the attitude The U needs to get these unmotivated players moving in the right direction. Yes underperformed at Nebraska but who wants to play in that God forbidden state?
4:Greg Schiano: I know I will get crap for this, but native son, coached under Butch, understand SF recruiting and knows the Northeast well. Did a great job at Rutgers and who does well in the NFL coming out of college, most fail!
5: Lane Kiffin; reaching but what a great players coach and recruiter! Will come motivated has gained experience under Saban, and has a look for SF.

GO CANES!

One of the worst lists I have ever seen, great porst.

Even if the guy is the second coming of Christ what part off your slanted reality allows you to believe that Phil Knight would let anything stand in his way of keeping the band together? Chip Kelly's leaving gave them enough of a scare and Oregon has one of the most long standing stable staffs anywhere.

You guys are sniffing something. Move along......pick another name and debate that. It'd be more futile.

GO CANES!

One of the worst lists I have ever seen, great porst.

**** why is it attributing me to that horror show of a porst?

Whenever you say a potential HC candidate would need great assistants to get him going, or for us to be successful, that literally means he should not be our next HC. Our next HC shouldn't need great assistants. I mean hopefully he'd bring good assistants with him, but shouldn't be what he NEEDS. Which means, Cristobal is not a good choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back