Hire Scott Frost NOW

Advertisement
I don't even think we need Frost.. Coley's ****** play calling would be irrelevant and wouldn't even matter if we went as this fast of a pace. That's all it takes and it would be unstoppable with Miami athletes. Yet we still fall back to the "check with me" **** before every snap

Advertisement
Frosty the snowman would be better than what we have now. Has Fat Al been fired YET????

If they are too cheap to hire a proven coach (or Butch), hire one of these young hot shots.

Frost with the athletes he would go after, oh my.

Hire this guy and bring in a beast DC to run the defense and we would win championships within a few years.

He's the only college assistant I would hire.

He was actually smart enough to get into Stanford.

Advertisement
If they aren't gonna break out the $ to try and lure a Mullen, Graham, Dantonio etc, then grab Frost and pray you've got the next Chip Kelly or Gus Malzahn on your hands.

I'm just saying we need a sure thing. This is not a sure thing, it doesn't make it a bad thing. I would pass due to the risk.

A lot of you need to realize that it would be difficult to gage how good is he at OC. Helfrich was the OC before him and Mariotta is a top 3 gem...I would pass.

Last edited:
we cant afford Frost either. He is highly coveted and a program that cares about football will outbid us.

I think Scott Frost would be an amazing hire. He's coached both sides of the ball. The offense would be amazing with the athletes he could get in sfla, but he clearly knows the importance of a strong defense. We'd end up with a complete team.

Don't know what kind of recruiter he'd be but it's easier to hire position coaches that can recruit rather than having the position coaches cover up for a head coaches tactical deficiencies.

Advertisement
I'm just saying we need a sure thing. This is not a sure thing, it doesn't make it a bad thing. I would pass due to the risk.

A lot of you need to realize that it would be difficult to gage how good is he at OC. Helfrich was the OC before him and Mariotta is a top 3 gem...I would pass.
Let's fire Golden first and figure the rest out later.

1. Fire Golden

2. Gauge interest of candidates

3. Hire a good coach

4. Make sure Golden is fully fired.

5. Win a championship

Let's fire Golden first and figure the rest out later.

1. Fire Golden

2. Gauge interest of candidates

3. Hire a good coach

4. Make sure Golden is fully fired.

5. Win a championship

6. Blake James, Donna Shalala, Richard Fein and Stuart Miller play hot potato with bleach.

After watching the Canes for an entire year, I was mesmerized by the way Oregon played. LOVED it! I don't even want to watch the Canes next year if the coaching staff hasn't changed.

Advertisement

Won a NC as a player, then switched sides of the ball and stuck around the NFL for 5+ years...means he won't have an all offense softy team.

And I think he could recreate Oregon's system here and then some.

By the way, the system there is good and that has something to do with how good the coaches before him were, but Mariota made strides in each of the last 2 seasons.

This guy is as safe a bet as any "hotshot assistant" could possibly be, and that's usually what this admin budgets for.

Won a NC as a player, then switched sides of the ball and stuck around the NFL for 5+ years...means he won't have an all offense softy team.

And I think he could recreate Oregon's system here and then some.

By the way, the system there is good and that has something to do with how good the coaches before him were, but Mariota made strides in each of the last 2 seasons.

This guy is as safe a bet as any "hotshot assistant" could possibly be, and that's usually what this admin budgets for.

I'm not going to discuss recruiting (who knows what he does as a recruiter?). We all know the name but the results are NOT guaranteed. Bring in the stud coordinator and can those results be scaled or be replicated at the HC position. I appreciate what he has done, I really do but I don't think he is the safe bet we need to take. I really think we can do better than Frost and someone who is much safer as well. I'm also adding that how much of the success on offense is because of Frost and how much is Helfrich. It is tough to say.

Side note: Marcus was pretty legit since he started playing. He enrolled in 2011 and he was coached by Helfrich (QB Coach) in 2011 and 2012. Helfrich has been a QB coach (in some form) since 1998 at Boise State. He is pretty good at

Last edited:
He wouldn't be the first hot ssh hot coordinator to fail so definitely not a guarantee. I'm not a fan of the offense. Physical teams that can bully the wrs with a physical dline stop that offense. Stanford has done it numerous times. U see in the nfl the offense has no answer if u stop the screen game. Fsu d line is worse than ours and their corners aren't physical.

Advertisement
Back