Hire Scott Frost NOW

if im gonna hire an offensive coach from oregon i gotta see their body of work post-mariota.

Advertisement
He wouldn't be the first hot ssh hot coordinator to fail so definitely not a guarantee. I'm not a fan of the offense. Physical teams that can bully the wrs with a physical dline stop that offense. Stanford has done it numerous times. U see in the nfl the offense has no answer if u stop the screen game. Fsu d line is worse than ours and their corners aren't physical.

PJ Williams and Ronald Darby are very physical ...

And when did FSU lose all of their Dline talent?

Oregon is 4-3 against Stanford since 2008 ... Every loss has been close, and almost every win has been a blowout.

But he's no guarantee ... I agree with that. But he's the best assistant available, IMO. Fits the mold of young, aggressive, and forward thinking. Also has experience winning at a high level.

They have amazing talent on offense and a once in a lifetime athlete at QB.

Sure they clobbered FSU, who was so bad they only beat us by 4 points and we were just about the worst team in the ACC.

Hate to see Kaaya in that offense.

They have amazing talent on offense and a once in a lifetime athlete at QB.

Sure they clobbered FSU, who was so bad they only beat us by 4 points and we were just about the worst team in the ACC.

Hate to see Kaaya in that offense.

in that type of offense Dwayne Lawson would start before Kaaya

I know he decommitted just making a reference

Advertisement
we cant afford Frost either. He is highly coveted and a program that cares about football will outbid us.

helfrich only makes 1.8m annually as their head coach. we could pay frost 2/3 of golden's salary and beat 1.8 million to steal their offensive coordinator.

we cant afford Frost either. He is highly coveted and a program that cares about football will outbid us.

Oregon pays their HBC 1.8 rn. Although he will get a raise they will not pay frost that much for a coordinator

Last edited by a moderator:
You HAVE to let Frost at least interview. I would love the hire if he got an expierenced staff.

Advertisement
As a typical overreaction from a fan who wants a new head coach, I'm all in.

Frost facts

- Player coach.
- Flipped De'anthony thomas to oregon from usc
- Played/coached under 5-7 legends. Says most of the offense stuff he does now is what he learned from chip though
- Firmly believes in positive work environment for players and coaches
- Doesn't try to sell recruits on 0 substance. Just shows them where they would fit and how they would be used. If you believe in your own system and what you're telling recruits you'll succeed in his opinion
- Has coached and played on both sides of the ball

Get his a legit S&C coach and let's get the ball rolling.

Coordinators can be very hit or miss but if our admin comes around trying to hire Randy Esall and Mario cristobal....give me a hot shot coordinator all day

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think Golden put Coley in an impossible position. Coley has had to switch from a faster pace he came here for to being lost trying to use some clock to score. At this senior citizen pace the defense was on the field 2/3 of every game. If you play fast you either punt fast or score fast, the D will be done by the end of the third quarter. But hey this class is swimming in D Line depth. Awesome!!

Advertisement
He wouldn't be the first hot ssh hot coordinator to fail so definitely not a guarantee. I'm not a fan of the offense. Physical teams that can bully the wrs with a physical dline stop that offense. Stanford has done it numerous times. U see in the nfl the offense has no answer if u stop the screen game. Fsu d line is worse than ours and their corners aren't physical.

Oregon is on a 10 year run we would kill for under 3 different coAches, playing in a better conference. And they just beat a team on 29 game win streak by 40.

Auburn won a national title and should have won another last year.

Ohio State has 3 losses in 3 years and just took down Alabama with their 3rd string QB.

TCU just took apart the vaunted Landshark Defense.

Baylor has played in the BCS TWO YEARS IN A ROW. ******* BAYLOR.

I think the results are in on the spread. It works just fine.

Texas A&M and Oklahoma have both ambushed Alabama (the standard bearer in college football right now) using similar concepts to Oregon.

Why didn't Nebraska even take a peek at Frost?

The guy you want from that staff is Matt Lubick.

Monster recruiter and very important part of their offensive staff.

Son of former Miami DC during Jimmy years.

You win on offense in college football.

You can not possibly have more defensive talent than Bama has and they consistently get shredded by the read option.

Advertisement
Why didn't Nebraska even take a peek at Frost?

The guy you want from that staff is Matt Lubick.

Monster recruiter and very important part of their offensive staff.

Son of former Miami DC during Jimmy years.

The AD wanted a guy he could control from the jump

PJ Williams and Ronald Darby are very physical ...

And when did FSU lose all of their Dline talent?

Oregon is 4-3 against Stanford since 2008 ... Every loss has been close, and almost every win has been a blowout.

But he's no guarantee ... I agree with that. But he's the best assistant available, IMO. Fits the mold of young, aggressive, and forward thinking. Also has experience winning at a high level.
Line talent are u serious. Their line has a total of like 10 sacks over the last two years combined. Worse than ours. Goldman is the only player they got. Edwards is a black chickillo. Casher is avg at best. Can u even name any others? Darby and Williams army physical? They don't jam at the line like big corners. Auburn did it. Stanford does it. Look at the eagles. Finesse teams they score 50. When they play Seattle, san Fran etc they can't move the ball.

My top five picks that would cost The U next to nothing;

1: Mario Cristonal, is a native son, great recruiter, has been getting experience in Alabama, and is a motivator. Would need great assistants to get him moving in the right direction.
2: Butch Davis, older, great coach, great recruiter, fan base would love him, but comes with baggage that The. U might not be interested in.
3: Bo Pelini: might just be the attitude The U needs to get these unmotivated players moving in the right direction. Yes underperformed at Nebraska but who wants to play in that God forbidden state?
4:Greg Schiano: I know I will get crap for this, but native son, coached under Butch, understand SF recruiting and knows the Northeast well. Did a great job at Rutgers and who does well in the NFL coming out of college, most fail!
5: Lane Kiffin; reaching but what a great players coach and recruiter! Will come motivated has gained experience under Saban, and has a look for SF.

GO CANES!

Advertisement
Back