Hightower tweet

Advertisement
So wait, was Hightower injured or not? I was led to believe he was, so what gives?

There's one thing about this young generation, there's zero accountability. We'll never know what the facts are, but these young bucks never point their fingers at themselves.

Advertisement
again, there's a reason why the whole offensive staff was let go...
Well, you can't let the whole offensive (WR room, or other) team go, can ya... even if some (perhaps) had stone hands, balked at practices, training, discipline and had a less-than-perfect "attitude".

Coaches that couldn't fix it deserve their fate. Talent that deserves to be fixed deserves some of the blame as well, clean-slate or not.

One of the biggest cancerous things on this last staff was the favoritism and playing favorites over the most talented player.

Which was even more frustrating given the fact that the staff before Richt was famous for the same thing. I look for Diaz to put that practice to an end. Manny will make every position group go through fierce competition and the players that come out on top will play regardless of class. There was no reason for Hightower, Pope and Ezzard to be rotting on the bench while guys like Cager and Langham were producing nothing on the field.

giphy.gif
I’m done arguing on this. No point.

Which was even more frustrating given the fact that the staff before Richt was famous for the same thing. I look for Diaz to put that practice to an end. Manny will make every position group go through fierce competition and the players that come out on top will play regardless of class. There was no reason for Hightower, Pope and Ezzard to be rotting on the bench while guys like Cager and Langham were producing nothing on the field.
Lmao ..favoritisms..is this really the **** y’all believe...You be at practice? When Pope was on the field, did u notice? Did you notice when Hightower did play?

Advertisement
Sooo many thoughts to this thread lol.

I do think favoritism was more than obvious, only Hartley was the exception but he also had no choice since his options were so limited. Hightower was arguably our best WR in the spring. Cager has been dropping passes for 3 years and still played. Wiggins dropped passes all year and never got benched. Pope didn’t sniff the field even when Harley couldn’t catch or get open. Can’t say size was the reason when Harley is no bigger. Langham was underutilized in the RZ imo, had a hard time separating but the mf was great w jump balls and should’ve had more opportunity. QBs couldn’t hit JT4 to save their lives, thrown behind or too short every **** time. Ezzard is whatever, he needed development. 6’7” Njoku with NFL scouts drooling over him just from practice couldn’t get RZ targets? Yeah... and all that before even getting to recruiting... I think with hindsight being 20/20, Manny made the right move.

the last 3 staphs did that, all the same **** thing ego and pride man. Most of these HC are like that, its either adapt or get left behind. Play the best regardless whos feelings are hurt

Exactly right, i thought they only did that in small midwest towns where i from lol, but like you said before these coaches are getting paid big money to put the best players on the field talent wise not just because they have the best personality.

Yes i agree with you, i think it killed most of us to watch that knowing we had all that talent, and these kids from south florida are ready to play early and start they have proven that already when they go to places like Alabama etc. I really hope manny can change that type of culture but i dont understand why he chose to continually give chances to Robert Knowles, thats a bit of a red flag i hope he can learn from that.

Advertisement
Man, I don't know sht about sht. But doesn't it seem odd that as soon as a coach leaves it turns out he was responsible for every single thing that went wrong/happened/didn't happen in his position group? Every single time. Saw somebody blaming him for not landing Swarts...the staff most definitely never wanted that kid. Maybe they evaluated poorly there, but I doubt Richt just took Dugans' word for it.
Just a couple months ago I remember talking about poor coaching hindering our receivers and half the board grabbed their pitchforks and cane after me. Now they’re in full agreement.

Lmao ..favoritisms..is this really the **** y’all believe...You be at practice? When Pope was on the field, did u notice? Did you notice when Hightower did play?

are you at practice? you might the only one on earth that didn't see the issues coming out of the room. its his **** job to keep that room afloat and he didnt do it. you blame junior for the QB room mess. the WR room was just as big of a mess except dugans actually had a kid fight him and 3 nearly transfer. if pope had transferred, you'd be crushing dugans right now. but go on, keep defending the failed WR coach that got his *** **** canned bc he was a train wreck on and off field this year

Advertisement
Yes i agree with you, i think it killed most of us to watch that knowing we had all that talent, and these kids from south florida are ready to play early and start they have proven that already when they go to places like Alabama etc. I really hope manny can change that type of culture but i dont understand why he chose to continually give chances to Robert Knowles, thats a bit of a red flag i hope he can learn from that.

that's prolly the biggest thing dugans defenders dont get. the youth thing isnt an excuse anymore. you recruit the talent, you HAVE to play them right away. freshman WRs were killing it all across CFB and we cant get any production out of ours?

Dugans was a failure.

****ed up Kevin Austin's recruitment
****ed up Elijah Moore's recruitment

Should have landed at least ONE of:
Jerry Jeudy
Xavier Williams
Trevon Grimes
Anthony Schwartz
Devonta Smith

Nada.

Drove off Deonte Mullins
Maybe could've talked some sense into Sam Bruce...but instead let him sink.
Drove off Jeff Thomas
Recruited Dayall Harris and then drove him off
ALMOST drove off Braxton Berríos
ALMOST lost Mike Harley to WVU

Straight up LOSER
But he was a CMR insider and Richt protected him

Advertisement
Back