Hightower tweet

Guess it was Dugans fault the receivers dropped so many passes that hit them in the hands.last year blame can be put on both the coaches and the players.

Coaches coach & players play....Cager,Wiggins & Hartley dropped passes consistently & they continued to play over the other WR’s...that’s on the coach..

Advertisement
i was there against LSU and the slated depth chart was Thomas, Cager, and Richards. he did play till he got hurt. either way, he didn't make that stuff up. youve been defending Dugans nonstop for days now, but fail to accept that there were actual issues in the room that started with dugans. we legit could've lost 4 WRs if he had been retained
If we remember back, if had an argument with Mullins during practice, there was word he had words with AR on the sideline during the LSU game and words with JT. If we add all this up either it was his way or the highway, Mullins and JT left the team, It just smells like Dugans wasn't a good fit. Glad he has moved on, hope he (doesn't )succeed at FSU, especially when we play them.

If we remember back, if had an argument with Mullins during practice, there was word he had words with AR on the sideline during the LSU game and words with JT. If we add all this up either it was his way or the highway, Mullins and JT left the team, It just smells like Dugans wasn't a good fit. Glad he has moved on, hope he (doesn't )succeed at FSU, especially when we play them.

i def remember mullins. I'm all for discipline but you can't boot talent the way we did simply bc they disagreed with you (seemed like the case with mullins based on his tweets).

Man, I don't know sht about sht. But doesn't it seem odd that as soon as a coach leaves it turns out he was responsible for every single thing that went wrong/happened/didn't happen in his position group? Every single time. Saw somebody blaming him for not landing Swarts...the staff most definitely never wanted that kid. Maybe they evaluated poorly there, but I doubt Richt just took Dugans' word for it.
It’s actually not all that odd or curious. The reason the coaches get fired is because they failed. When you fail you get **** on by fans. It was pretty obvious the entire offense was a toxic disaster and totally mismanaged. Dugans got too full of himself with that Junction Boys **** and couldn’t manage the personalities in his WR group.

Advertisement
It’s actually not all that odd or curious. The reason the coaches get fired is because they failed. When you fail you get **** on by fans. It was pretty obvious the entire offense was a toxic disaster and totally mismanaged. Dugans got too full of himself with that Junction Boys **** and couldn’t manage the personalities in his WR group.

for as bad as T brown was w his public outcry of cancers in the locker room, his position group was the only one that didn't tear each other apart and fought with coaches (TEs aside). id say he was prolly our best coach on the o side of the ball for the 3 years he was here. hartley was the best recruiter. Dugans brought in talent, but was absolutely a trainwreck this year

are you at practice? you might the only one on earth that didn't see the issues coming out of the room. its his **** job to keep that room afloat and he didnt do it. you blame junior for the QB room mess. the WR room was just as big of a mess except dugans actually had a kid fight him and 3 nearly transfer. if pope had transferred, you'd be crushing dugans right now. but go on, keep defending the failed WR coach that got his *** **** canned bc he was a train wreck on and off field this year
I remember (forgive me for this) when Brooklyndee was trying to tell us that things were awry and we bashed him and he left. He had insight from Hightower on what was going on and he was bashed. What ever Dugans is gone.

I remember (forgive me for this) when Brooklyndee was trying to tell us that things were awry and we bashed him and he left. He had insight from Hightower on what was going on and he was bashed. What ever Dugans is gone.

yeah and every situation is diff of course w coaches. i know he has issues w Cooney while tweed loves him. i do know SFE thinks he should be AD

Wasn't a good fit? Based on what? Have you ever played a competitive sport? Coaches will ride you and it sometimes can get heated, but at the end of it, it's do what your coach asks or move on.

**** right there will be words with players and Mullins should've STFU if a coach was on him. Same with JT4 or anyone else. Man, it isn't just college, but the pro's as well. People are so ***** made these days and disrespectful. That attitude with coaches 10 or 20 years ago didn't fly.

I'm by no means saying coach handled everything right. I just don't make excuses for kids giving lip service to their coaches. Under me, that happens, I'll make your life so hard you'll do one of two things. Never do it again or go play for someone else. You're on my field, know your role and if you don't, I'll show it to you if you come at me.

Advertisement
For those still in love with Dugans, this right here should end all the goodwill talk towards him.....

For those still in love with Dugans, this right here should end all the goodwill talk towards him.....

Nobody is in love with him he's with the enemy now. Now some may defend him a little which I get because he shouldn't get all the criticism for his time but he does deserve a fair share

Wasn't a good fit? Based on what? Have you ever played a competitive sport? Coaches will ride you and it sometimes can get heated, but at the end of it, it's do what your coach asks or move on.

**** right there will be words with players and Mullins should've STFU if a coach was on him. Same with JT4 or anyone else. Man, it isn't just college, but the pro's as well. People are so ***** made these days and disrespectful. That attitude with coaches 10 or 20 years ago didn't fly.

I'm by no means saying coach handled everything right. I just don't make excuses for kids giving lip service to their coaches. Under me, that happens, I'll make your life so hard you'll do one of two things. Never do it again or go play for someone else. You're on my field, know your role and if you don't, I'll show it to you if you come at me.
I have played competitive sports for your information, at the college level. What I was saying is, have a confrontation with one player is one thing, having confrontations with multiple players is another thing. We may not agree and that's fine. You coach your players the way you want on your field. But, our production at the WR position with Dugans and a coach was subpar. Over

Advertisement
I have played competitive sports for your information, at the college level. What I was saying is, have a confrontation with one player is one thing, having confrontations with multiple players is another thing. We may not agree and that's fine. You coach your players the way you want on your field. But, our production at the WR position with Dugans and a coach was subpar. Over

i agree w this. there will always be one kid coming at you and you have to stem that. having your entire room save for 2-3 kids hate you is a diff story. part of being a coach on that level (idc for your im a pee wee coach and this is how i handle 8 year olds) is to manage personalities and dugans didnt do it. every kid is diff and every kid handles everything differently. a coach needs to know how to handle the elite kids we brought in.

He just called us the portal..😂. That right there is a underated tweet

Attachments

• FB20F6BD-1F78-47A1-B070-8E852E512CE4.gif
    FB20F6BD-1F78-47A1-B070-8E852E512CE4.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Advertisement
Sooo many thoughts to this thread lol.

I do think favoritism was more than obvious, only Hartley was the exception but he also had no choice since his options were so limited. Hightower was arguably our best WR in the spring. Cager has been dropping passes for 3 years and still played. Wiggins dropped passes all year and never got benched. Pope didn’t sniff the field even when Harley couldn’t catch or get open. Can’t say size was the reason when Harley is no bigger. Langham was underutilized in the RZ imo, had a hard time separating but the mf was great w jump balls and should’ve had more opportunity. QBs couldn’t hit JT4 to save their lives, thrown behind or too short every **** time. Ezzard is whatever, he needed development. 6’7” Njoku with NFL scouts drooling over him just from practice couldn’t get RZ targets? Yeah... and all that before even getting to recruiting... I think with hindsight being 20/20, Manny made the right move.

A clueless QB who couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20 feet, or throw a fade to save his life, probably contributed to the mess as well...

Agreed. But folks are out here blaming who we chose to recruit on the WR coach as if that buck doesn't stop with Richt. I'm not defending Dugans, just saying let's be honest about what he could/should have had control of.

Advertisement
Back