High School Football Update

Advertisement
NJ just got the OK for contact sports to begin with health protocols. There's going to be a modified schedule with like 6 regular season games and a 4-team playoff in each section. This provided our numbers remain trending in the right direction.

Hard to believe where we are given the state of the state 3 months ago.
I just read that we're under 100 cases a day.

So families just going to get up and move to play in the one or two states where COVID is not an issue?

no they will send their kids to these private schools who will give them a scholarship. Sucks for the 98% but the top players will leave and go play elsewhere.

Hard to believe where we are given the state of the state 3 months ago.
I just read that we're under 100 cases a day.

they peaked and have been wearing mask. The south will also peak and mask will help. Just got to ride out this wave

Everyone on here should want a full high school season that starts as soon as possible. Delays and cancellations can- and will- **** us in recruiting.

Advertisement
Mississippi is ranked 50th in education and 49th in Health Care. You want to follow their lead now? Just Sayin.
I’m not arguing with you Brotha. Just stating the facts. Btw. I was born in Miami and I’m Alum of Miami. I don’t see much difference between the people. There’s some smart people in both places as well as some dumbasses

Everyone on here should want a full high school season that starts as soon as possible. Delays and cancellations can- and will- **** us in recruiting.

they voted to start on time but nearly impossible tampa, orlando, and SFL will be able to start on time. they said those that cannot aren't eligible for playoffs?

they voted to start on time but nearly impossible tampa, orlando, and SFL will be able to start on time. they said those that cannot aren't eligible for playoffs?
I'll be reading more in-depth tomorrow.

Advertisement
Inside of a bubble but go off sis

on top of that MLS had a ton of positives in the bubble. theyre also professional leagues paying millions to keep it pristine. ****, NBA is building their own barbershop. hs kids aren't getting that

Advertisement
lol @ the people in this thread pretending to care about the health of football players. Yall are that bored that you wanna risk even ONE life just so you can watch some football.

Coach Tim Conrad has HS football coaching experience in South Florida, so wanted to put this out there for you guys that may know him. I have heard he is doing well and is in ICU as a precaution only.🙏

Here's a statement from the school here in metro Atlanta:

Tim Conrad, our ST Coordinator and even better English teacher, is in the hospital fighting Covid/pneumonia. Please keep him in your thoughts n prayers.

I wish Coach Conrad and anyone dealing with that nothing but the best and am glad to hear the ICU is hopefully only a precaution. I absolutely hope he makes a quick and full recovery and can warn some others about viewpoints on this they might have and act as cautionary tale. Anyone that ever interacted with him on Facebook could tell you that he maintained some verrry strident views on reopening and about what he thought was the sensationalism of the dangers of the virus. But again- let that happen after he makes a full recovery.

Advertisement
lol @ the people in this thread pretending to care about the health of football players. Yall are that bored that you wanna risk even ONE life just so you can watch some football.
Using that logic we should ban Automobile use.

I hope you have that same energy talking about the 40k people who die every year from car crashes.

Unfortunately, I know you wont. Loser.

Using that logic we should ban Automobile use.

I hope you have that same energy talking about the 40k people who die every year from car crashes.

Unfortunately, I know you wont. Loser.

Also where is that energy for all the people who die of heart disease from obesity and diabetes type 2? Where is the outcry to close all fast food restaurants etc.. no one seems to care about deaths in the country or the over 2 million people who die annually until this virus? What changed? Media attention is what changed. Humans did wake up 3 months ago and change how they viewed life and death but now everyone wants a life without risk.

these college football players are safer on campus in their sport than running the streets back home with no school or sports this fall.

Also where is that energy for all the people who die of heart disease from obesity and diabetes type 2? Where is the outcry to close all fast food restaurants etc.. no one seems to care about deaths in the country or the over 2 million people who die annually until this virus? What changed? Media attention is what changed. Humans did wake up 3 months ago and change how they viewed life and death but now everyone wants a life without risk.

these college football players are safer on campus in their sport than running the streets back home with no school or sports this fall.

Riiiight.

Yet when NYC bans Super Big Gulps, the MAGA crowd SCREEEEEAMS about everyone's right to purchase an enormous sugary soda if they want to do so...

I'll say this slowly, so that you can comprehend it.

This has nothing to do with "media attention".

This has everything to do with a poor response to a virus, when the massive loss of life due to the virus could have been averted. And don't yap about "other countries". Other countries are doing a better job of fighting the virus, and they don't whine about "media attention".

And don't tell me about "Italy". The day we compare ourselves to Italy and try to justify our failures by citing Italy is the day we should just shut down the USA altogether and acknowledge that we have failed as a country.

Riiiight.

Yet when NYC bans Super Big Gulps, the MAGA crowd SCREEEEEAMS about everyone's right to purchase an enormous sugary soda if they want to do so...

I'll say this slowly, so that you can comprehend it.

This has nothing to do with "media attention".

This has everything to do with a poor response to a virus, when the massive loss of life due to the virus could have been averted. And don't yap about "other countries". Other countries are doing a better job of fighting the virus, and they don't whine about "media attention".

And don't tell me about "Italy". The day we compare ourselves to Italy and try to justify our failures by citing Italy is the day we should just shut down the USA altogether and acknowledge that we have failed as a country.
#fail

If you want to blame anyone’s response to this virus - start by blaming the governors who sent covid patients BACK INTO NURSING HOMES! That is the biggest failure of this response if you want to get political.

Advertisement
Back