High Expectations

I'll give you Louisville, they had a good season last year and improved.

However, Gators? They haven't had a winning season in 3 years. They haven't imporved. A lot of portal attrition and not much addition. Weak recruiting class. Calling a tough atmosphere, sure. But a tough game? It shouldn't be if our offense is what it should be.
Mostly agree on the visit to Hogtown.

It’s definitely a tough atmosphere. What makes it a tough game is the in-state rivarly. Ask the Holes if the Miami game in Tally this year was easy. Heck…we started a true frosh at QB forcing us to use a vanilla game plan, plus true frosh at CB and DE and we still could/should have won that game.

I agree we should be the favorites and beat Florida based on talent and returning production. However, there is nothing that I’ve seen from this team (I’m mostly referring to the head coach) that makes me believe we walk into that stadium and beat Florida handily on opening weekend. It will be a tough atmosphere and tough game.

I will be there in person and hopefully enjoy the win and a strong start to what could be a much needed playoff run for this team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We got our QB and I couldn't be happier. That said, I can't help but feel like Mario can't afford to break this QB. If you average out Ward's 2 power 5 seasons, we'd get to

3484 Yards, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 65.5% CMP%

Cam has to hit these number minimum for Mario to be trusted with QBs going forward. That's a fair amount of pressure.

Couple those statistics with the '24 schedule...

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

.... and wow, expectations of a quality record are big, as they should be. We've done the whole bring in his guys thing. We've done the culture problems thing. It's time for wins.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... 12-0 *******, we back!
8 in the state
Furthest north in a dome. Looks quite easy

Advertisement
Low expectations are for mediocre & below average performers.

If Mario is who some believe him to be, then keeping low expectations for him means they don't really believe in him like they say they do.

Either he's a Championship level Coach or he's not, it's that simple.

Stupid easy schedule. 10 wins should be the floor.
WeFvckinOrWhat.gif

I'll give you Louisville, they had a good season last year and improved.

However, Gators? They haven't had a winning season in 3 years. They haven't imporved. A lot of portal attrition and not much addition. Weak recruiting class. Calling a tough atmosphere, sure. But a tough game? It shouldn't be if our offense is what it should be.
I agree Miami should win at Gainesville, but one factor is this is the first game of the season. How well does any team play in a season opener, unless they’ve scheduled an out of conference G5 or FCS team for a home game? Where the margin of victory hides flaws the coaches will harp on.

Miami should win at Gainesville but maybe not as easily as we would like.

I agree Miami should win at Gainesville, but one factor is this is the first game of the season. How well does any team play in a season opener, unless they’ve scheduled an out of conference G5 or FCS team for a home game? Where the margin of victory hides flaws the coaches will harp on.

Miami should win at Gainesville but maybe not as easily as we would like.
Something comfortable would be an extremely welcomed sign. Let's say 31-20.

Advertisement
Back