High Expectations

Statistically I expect he’ll be much better if he remains healthy.

Malik Rosier currently has the single season record for total touchdowns (31). I think realistically he can break that and probably break or get close to breaking Steve Walsh’s record of passing TDs (29).

I think it’s actually really telling (and embarrassing) that no QBs have been able to break these records yet.

Other programs have 30+ TD passers every other year. Hoping we can get the offense going this year and put up points.

Most important stat though is wins. Hoping he has a great year.

Advertisement
With a QB of Ward’s caliber and even ok health, that schedule has perhaps 6 gimmies. That means Mario has to go 4-2 for the remainder of the games. No one knows how the ball will bounce, but the expectation should be 10+ wins and a Top 12 finish. It’s time. Make it happen.

We got our QB and I couldn't be happier. That said, I can't help but feel like Mario can't afford to break this QB. If you average out Ward's 2 power 5 seasons, we'd get to

3484 Yards, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 65.5% CMP%

Cam has to hit these number minimum for Mario to be trusted with QBs going forward. That's a fair amount of pressure.

Couple those statistics with the '24 schedule...

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

.... and wow, expectations of a quality record are big, as they should be. We've done the whole bring in his guys thing. We've done the culture problems thing. It's time for wins.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... 12-0 *******, we back!
Are we the only one in the ACC with 4 straight road games, then 4 home games

Advertisement
One tough game? C’mon!

At UiF to open the season is not easy. We should be slight favorites but winning at The Swamp in a season opener isn’t a cakewalk. Ask Tennessee.

F$poo at Hard Rock will be a battle.

At Louisville will be difficult. They beat us this year, have added lots of talent via the Portal and have a better gamed day coach.

Those are 3 tough matches, IMHO.
I'll give you Louisville, they had a good season last year and improved.

However, Gators? They haven't had a winning season in 3 years. They haven't imporved. A lot of portal attrition and not much addition. Weak recruiting class. Calling a tough atmosphere, sure. But a tough game? It shouldn't be if our offense is what it should be.

We got our QB and I couldn't be happier. That said, I can't help but feel like Mario can't afford to break this QB. If you average out Ward's 2 power 5 seasons, we'd get to

Cam has to hit these number minimum for Mario to be trusted with QBs going forward. That's a fair amount of pressure.

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

.... and wow, expectations of a quality record are big, as they should be. We've done the whole bring in his guys thing. We've done the culture problems thing. It's time for wins.

Every year we say, "10 wins minimum with this schedule," and proceed to go 7-5. There will be a million other threads like this until the season starts, but as the team is currently constructed, I'm going with 9-3. This is as much a statement about the program's M.O. over the past two decades as it is Mario's history of having at least 1 head-scratching loss dating back to Oregon. Both Randy and Golden saw jumps with a similar trajectory of 7 and 9 wins respectively from year 2 to year 3. So far Mario's tenure has most resembled the success of these prior regimes in terms of roster turnover and growing pains. A few more impact players from the portal gets us 1 or 2 more wins imo.

ecw-justin-credible.gif

FSU and Louisville are our toughest games and I consider them toss ups. The rest of the schedule is cupcake city, but there are a couple of potential landmines that need to be avoided. Laugh all you want, but traveling 3k miles across 3 timezones for a road game at Cal is one of them. I expect UiF to give us their best shot, but unless they add a lot over the summer I think we should win. They weren't very good last year and lost a lot good players already to the portal. Syracuse is another potential one and is dependent upon how well Fran Brown does in year 1.

Every year we say, "10 wins minimum with this schedule," and proceed to go 7-5. There will be a million other threads like this until the season starts, but as the team is currently constructed, I'm going with 9-3. This is as much a statement about the program's M.O. over the past two decades as it is Mario's history of having at least 1 head-scratching loss dating back to Oregon. Both Randy and Golden saw jumps with a similar trajectory of 7 and 9 wins respectively from year 2 to year 3. So far Mario's tenure has most resembled the success of these prior regimes in terms of roster turnover and growing pains. A few more impact players from the portal gets us 1 or 2 more wins imo.

View attachment 278957

FSU and Louisville are our toughest games and I consider them toss ups. The rest of the schedule is cupcake city, but there are a couple of potential landmines that need to be avoided. Laugh all you want, but traveling 3k miles across 3 timezones for a road game at Cal is one of them. I expect UiF to give us their best shot, but unless they add a lot over the summer I think we should win. They weren't very good last year and lost a lot good players already to the portal. Syracuse is another potential one and is dependent upon how well Fran Brown does in year 1.
This year is different!!!!

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

Games I have my antennas up for as of right now

@ Florida for the first game will be tuff, not because i think they are good but because its a rival game on the road those are rarely easy

@ Louisville i think they might be among the top of the acc again, there schedule has some tuff ones tho so the record might not be great when we play them but its far from a gimme imo

Fsu- rivalry game always close besides a few outliers. I think we win bias aside, because I just cant see a qb like dj u giving guidry problems lol

@Cal is my yearly trick game, that we always lose. Their offense looked nice every time i watched, so on the road on the west coast i can see it being a sketchy game

Advertisement
That game in year 3, after coming off two consecutive disappointments, SHOULD make this team laser focused. If we aren't, Mario probably ain't the guy. Just being honest. I am not a Mario hater, I am still being patient. But THAT game SHOULD focus us, and we should reap that focus in the season.
I agree cause the team does need to come out firing. I don't think it's crazy to say we have the better team but UF is gonna give us their best shot and we need to be ready.

That game will show who the leaders on this team are.

On offense, I feel better about having Ward at QB. He's a leader and we've desperately needed that.

On defense, I do believe Bain has what it takes to be a leader but he doesn't seem like a big vocal guy. Same thing with Francisco. We need someone who can "rally the troops," and hold players accountable.

Big year for Miami a). For Mario's credibility b). For the program with the new 12 game CFP c). High visibility with the POTENTIAL conference realignment and a POTENTIAL 'invite' to the B10. Couldn't be a better time for UM to shine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1000012427.png

We'll be favored in at least 9 games. I could see us legitimately favored in all 12.

After 2 years with Mario having a under performing years (5-7 and 7-6) with far better talent then most of the teams we played I am looking at 8-4. I think under a different good head coach this would be a 10-2 team and maybe 11-1 but with his bad on the field coaching he will lose some games because of it, I love him as a person and recruiter but he must improve or hand over the on field duty's to someone competent

👀 The Rattlers gonna be nice again? We just lost to Buttgers please forgive me.

Advertisement
Back