High Expectations

Dude

Senior
We got our QB and I couldn't be happier. That said, I can't help but feel like Mario can't afford to break this QB. If you average out Ward's 2 power 5 seasons, we'd get to

3484 Yards, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 65.5% CMP%

Cam has to hit these number minimum for Mario to be trusted with QBs going forward. That's a fair amount of pressure.

Couple those statistics with the '24 schedule...

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

.... and wow, expectations of a quality record are big, as they should be. We've done the whole bring in his guys thing. We've done the culture problems thing. It's time for wins.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... 12-0 *******, we back!

Advertisement
I mean our QBs threw for 3354 yds, 23 TD and 14 INT on 65% this season with Van Dyke ****ting down his leg half the year and a 3 star true freshman starting 2 games against the best teams on our schedule. If Ward doesn’t hit his averages and then some I’d be absolutely shocked.

Advertisement
Playoffs. Seriously.

The playoff expands to 12 teams next year. We have a baby **** soft schedule, which if we're being honest, one tough game. Even if Mario blows 2 games and the fsu game, a 3 loss team still might make the ACC championship game. Won that game and you have an automatic bid to the playoffs.

Ward changes everything, no excuses. We're going to have a great oline again. 1k yard receiver returning.

We just need a WR, S, and CB in the portal to cement this as a no brianer. But even if we don't, we still should.

Ward at QB moves the needle. On paper, there isn’t a team on that schedule who isn’t beat-able. Anything worse than 10-2 is a disappointment imo. If you go 9-3 that means you most likely lost to UF and FSU. Not a good look

I mean our QBs threw for 3354 yds, 23 TD and 14 INT on 65% this season with Van Dyke ****ting down his leg half the year and a 3 star true freshman starting 2 games against the best teams on our schedule. If Ward doesn’t hit his averages and then some I’d be absolutely shocked.
Those QB numbers are frustrating because if only 1 number decreased marginally (INTs) we all feel different about 2023.

If Cam limits his turnovers unlike his predecessor, then ‘24 will be an enjoyable season

Advertisement
Playoffs. Seriously.

The playoff expands to 12 teams next year. We have a baby **** soft schedule, which if we're being honest, one tough game. Even if Mario blows 2 games and the fsu game, a 3 loss team still might make the ACC championship game. Won that game and you have an automatic bid to the playoffs.

Ward changes everything, no excuses. We're going to have a great oline again. 1k yard receiver returning.

We just need a WR, S, and CB in the portal to cement this as a no brianer. But even if we don't, we still should.
One tough game? C’mon!

At UiF to open the season is not easy. We should be slight favorites but winning at The Swamp in a season opener isn’t a cakewalk. Ask Tennessee.

F$poo at Hard Rock will be a battle.

At Louisville will be difficult. They beat us this year, added lots of talent via the Portal and have a better game day coach.

Those are 3 tough matches, IMHO.

Last edited:
Low expectations are for mediocre & below average performers.

If Mario is who some believe him to be, then keeping low expectations for him means they don't really believe in him like they say they do.

Either he's a Championship level Coach or he's not, it's that simple.
‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

One of the 12 playoff teams in 24.. or we’re wasting time keeping him as HC is my opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think there’s a lot to be optimistic about with Cam and a great recruiting class and an easy looking schedule as of today. I’m rooting for a playoff birth, but it’s no guarantee.

I think the team still has some questions to be answered. Particularly on D. Our DL did not look nearly as good without LT. We’re banking a lot on young guys in our front 7. And then our safety situation who knows how good our secondary will be.

As we continue to stack recruiting classes we will better be able to afford misses on prospects.

We got our QB and I couldn't be happier. That said, I can't help but feel like Mario can't afford to break this QB. If you average out Ward's 2 power 5 seasons, we'd get to

3484 Yards, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 65.5% CMP%

Cam has to hit these number minimum for Mario to be trusted with QBs going forward. That's a fair amount of pressure.

Couple those statistics with the '24 schedule...

@ Florida
FAMU
Ball St
@ USF
@ Cal
@ GT
@ Louisville
Duke
FSU
VT
Wake
@ Syracuse

.... and wow, expectations of a quality record are big, as they should be. We've done the whole bring in his guys thing. We've done the culture problems thing. It's time for wins.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... 12-0 *******, we back!
Cam should shred that weak af schedule.

Playoffs. Seriously.

The schedule is SO soft, Miami honestly needs to cake walk 70% of it.

Sometimes I watch the 2002 UF - UM game cause it brings me such joy.

I can't WAIT to beat them in Gainesville to start the season.
That game in year 3, after coming off two consecutive disappointments, SHOULD make this team laser focused. If we aren't, Mario probably ain't the guy. Just being honest. I am not a Mario hater, I am still being patient. But THAT game SHOULD focus us, and we should reap that focus in the season.

Advertisement
Back