Hester AND Andre Johnson HOF’ers!

Advertisement
Very minimal chance regarding Olsen imo.

Gates, Gronk, and Kelce are locks. Then Witten eventually.
After that, yeah he's there with Jimmy Graham. But Graham has like 30 more TDs with like 40 less starts lol. Maybe Todd Christenson would have a shot too after those 6... Kittle is on the path too currently
The Walter Payton man of the year stuff and GReg’s work with sick children is a huge factor. Also fox loves making a production out of their guys getting in.

He’s no first ballot but I like his chances.

Advertisement
The Walter Payton man of the year stuff and GReg’s work with sick children is a huge factor. Also fox loves making a production out of their guys getting in.

He’s no first ballot but I like his chances.
Maybe if he actually wont the Walter Payton MOY award, I'd agree, but he didn't. That'll certainly help Calais Campbell though.

Advertisement
From ghost of the orange bowl:

Andre Johnson's journey to the Pro Football Hall of Fame began at Miami Senior High School in the late 1990s. A 1999 graduate, Johnson was one of the great athletes to attend a school with a long history of sports excellence. It's where Johnson got to showcase his talents for the first time at the Orange Bowl. Johnson was a 2-time All Dade County selection in 1997 and 1998 as a receiver and kick returner while playing for then head coach Nigel Dunn.

Johnson along with quarterback Kareem Roberts made up one of the most dangerous passing combinations in South Florida. During his senior year, he caught 31 passes for 908 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns and 1 punt for a score. He was named All State and Parade All American. Johnson led the Stingarees to three consecutive district titles from 1996 to 1998. Johnson was also a standout in track and played on Miami High's nationally renowned basketball team, which included future NBA players Udonis Haslem and Steve Blake.

From ghost of the orange bowl:

Andre Johnson's journey to the Pro Football Hall of Fame began at Miami Senior High School in the late 1990s. A 1999 graduate, Johnson was one of the great athletes to attend a school with a long history of sports excellence. It's where Johnson got to showcase his talents for the first time at the Orange Bowl. Johnson was a 2-time All Dade County selection in 1997 and 1998 as a receiver and kick returner while playing for then head coach Nigel Dunn.

Johnson along with quarterback Kareem Roberts made up one of the most dangerous passing combinations in South Florida. During his senior year, he caught 31 passes for 908 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns and 1 punt for a score. He was named All State and Parade All American. Johnson led the Stingarees to three consecutive district titles from 1996 to 1998. Johnson was also a standout in track and played on Miami High's nationally renowned basketball team, which included future NBA players Udonis Haslem and Steve Blake.
15 TDs on 31 receptions is absurd. This dude literally scored a TD on every other touch…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Olsen's exposure on TV will keep him in that conversation going forward.
Hey I hope so. Would be cool to pass USC/ND.

I expect Reggie Wayne and Frank Gore to be locks. Calais Campbell is probably the 3rd as far as certainty imo - I think he's definitely getting in eventually. Wilfork would be after Calais, but hopefully gets in in the next 2-3 years. And then we have Olsen and Graham who I don't think get in given the backlog there will be at TE. But after the big 4 of Gronk, Gates, Kelce, and Witten, they could... and the fact there will be a bunch of QBs coming up that'll be getting in taking up 1/5 spots just make it harder.

Jerome Brown and Sean Taylor would have been destined for the HOF too. Jerome Brown played 5 seasons, and was a 2 time 1st team All-Pro. Like Brown would easily be over Bryant Young if he played another few seasons. Geno Atkins is probably a decentish comp of where I think his floor would have been.

But USC will probably add Tyron Smith at LT, possibly Clay Mathews at OLB... ND will probably add Zach Martin at G, possibly Ricky Waters at RB.
Right now we're also tied with Michigan at 11 now, and they likely will add a couple more as well.
Plus tOSU and Pitt are both at 10, and will definitely be adding more. Pitt will be getting Aaron Donald, Larry Fitz, Lesean McCoy .... tOSU will likely be adding Cam Heyward, possibly Eddie George, Jim Tyrer at OT...

Texas A&M is actually going to be adding a lot of players in the coming years....

I think G reg gets in due to the combination of his on field results, broadcasting, and charitable work. I think Jimmy G will be looked at as a bit of a stat compiler and probably doesn’t get in.

Wilfork is the real interesting one. His stats don’t jump out but that was never his role. He was the most dominant space eating DT in the league for 10 years and allowed the guys around him to eat while winning a whole lotta games. Curious to see how the HOF views him.
You really think that Olsen will get in not solely based on his on field performance but because the voters will look at his broadcasting career and what he does in regards to charity and decide that those things “put him over the top”? I don’t mean to be rude and I mean no disrespect but…………..You cannot be serious!!!!!!

1707547611320.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back