Hester AND Andre Johnson HOF’ers!

Advertisement
I think G reg gets in due to the combination of his on field results, broadcasting, and charitable work. I think Jimmy G will be looked at as a bit of a stat compiler and probably doesn’t get in.

Wilfork is the real interesting one. His stats don’t jump out but that was never his role. He was the most dominant space eating DT in the league for 10 years and allowed the guys around him to eat while winning a whole lotta games. Curious to see how the HOF views him.

what is shocking is that a thread about the crowning achievement of two UM legends gets LESS attention/participation than the whereabouts of a CIS porster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would have loved to see what Dre could have done with a competent O-line and QB throwing to him. The fact he accomplished what he has while with the Texans and an *** offense is beyond remarkable. He is truly one of the greatest!

I think Wayne gets in next year as his #s are eerily similar to Dre's. I think Big Vince deserves to get in but not sure the # watchers will actually vote for him...he was a terror on that Patriots defense, but he doesn't have flashy #s.
I think Bill and Kraft are going to make it their personal mission to get him in sooner rather than later.

They did the same thing for Richard Seymour

That’s a good point. This is why I think it may take awhile. They should also be rewarded for the longevity of their careers as they were both good to great producers for a long time. This is rare for the TE position, even with the newer inflated numbers. I think their numbers will become more impressive as time passes. Both of them also produced in multiple systems with different teams.

You are right though, one quality I personally think is important for HOF induction is “were you the best player at your position in the league?” Olson never was that, but not everyone in the Hall was either.
There’s a lot of arguments for why you’d include Olsen in there. I don’t know if HOF voters look into it but there’s a direct impact of his statistics with and without Newton as his QB. I don’t necessarily knock Olsen not being the best at that time, considering that, arguably, the best TE ever was playing then. 8500+ yards at the TE position should get you in.

Advertisement
Tied for 3rd most HOFers is crazy considering the head start the other top schools had. Also this crazy run Bama just had will result in what, 3 more possible HOFers? UF at 2 gets me every time. For context, Compton JC has 3…Jackson State has 2X what UF has.
**** the ‘01 team has as many as UF does all time……for now. Crazy to think that one 3-5 year period produced 7 legitimate HOF players, would have been 8 if ST lived.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back